Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jul 23, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #2,941 of 3,093
Folks, newbie here... I received my 11.38 in the last week and need advice as to the best way to set it up. Posting in this thread as I don't see a very active dedicated NFB 11-38 thread elsewhere, and I see a lot of nfb 11-28 conversation here which I suspect will be very similar to the NFB 11-38...

To start with let me say that my question is about the windows drivers and how best to install and configure them... I have seen with some trepidation all around the net that the Audio-GD devices are a bear to set up to get the best out of them.

Some background on how I am using it and what I have already done...

First - it will be fed by USB from a Win 10 laptop running Tidal (Hifi / MQA).

Second - I have downloaded the Amanero USB driver and installed it. BUT, I installed it simply using the setup embedded in the download, and from what I have read this is way, way, way too easy and that there are several more steps I should actually have taken (and perhaps a sacrifice or two I should have performed along the way).

Third - I have modified in the Amanero driver (actually the Windows Playback devices / Digital output (Amanero) / Properties) the supported formats to be all of the sample rates (initially it is just set to 48 kHz)... Please note that this device is supposed to support up to 384, but the highest format shown is 192 KHz, so this is my first clue that I have done something wrong (besides the missing sacrifices, that is)... Any ideas?

Fourth - in the Advanced tab I changed the default format to be 24-bits 44.1 KHz (it was originally set at 16-bit and 48 KHz)... Why? Because this is what I did with my Topping D50 under directions of another forum to get the best out of that DAC. Is this OK??

Does it matter if I am using a USB 2 or USB 3 port on my laptop?

Besides the steps and questions above, is there anything else I need to do (or in the case of what I have done to undo) to get the best out of this great device?

Thanks!!

Try Snappy Driver installer if you're still showing it as not installed right.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #2,944 of 3,093
Just use these drivers if your having issues:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Audio-gdUSB32driverversion2.rar
Thanks to all who responded to my request for help with drivers! A great community!!

I actually am all good with the drivers. I had posted because I had read that with earlier incarnations of the NFB 11 there were real nightmares getting windows drivers to install and work correctly. When I downloaded and tried the drivers for my 11.38 I had no problems at all so I was assuming that I clearly had done something horribly wrong :). But seems that it really is as easy as install, plug, and play...!

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #2,945 of 3,093
Thanks to all who responded to my request for help with drivers! A great community!!

I actually am all good with the drivers. I had posted because I had read that with earlier incarnations of the NFB 11 there were real nightmares getting windows drivers to install and work correctly. When I downloaded and tried the drivers for my 11.38 I had no problems at all so I was assuming that I clearly had done something horribly wrong :). But seems that it really is as easy as install, plug, and play...!

It's odd and you run the SETUP.EXE with the power off and then do a follow up by right clicking on the device in device manager and point it to the vista 64 folder. I found using Snappy Driver Installer it actually thinks it's a drdac and adds more features to the sound properties like an equalizer and filters.

Being in IT I might do a comprehensive guide on installation.

Once all that is done, man it sounds good.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #2,946 of 3,093
It's odd and you run the SETUP.EXE with the power off and then do a follow up by right clicking on the device in device manager and point it to the vista 64 folder. I found using Snappy Driver Installer it actually thinks it's a drdac and adds more features to the sound properties like an equalizer and filters.

Being in IT I might do a comprehensive guide on installation.

Once all that is done, man it sounds good.
Wow, sounds like there is more to it than I thought...! If you could post a how to that would be great!!

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #2,947 of 3,093
Wow, sounds like there is more to it than I thought...! If you could post a how to that would be great!!

I can assure you none of this is necessary, use the right version of the USB drivers and it will work without a hiccup.

The older USB module was designed around Vista I believe causing issues with later versions of Windows.

I did the song and dance of all these guides posted online, was a complete waste of time.

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #2,948 of 3,093
I can assure you none of this is necessary, use the right version of the USB drivers and it will work without a hiccup.

The older USB module was designed around Vista I believe causing issues with later versions of Windows.

I did the song and dance of all these guides posted online, was a complete waste of time.
Thanks!!

Jul 25, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #2,949 of 3,093
It looks like people are confusing NFB-11.32 with NFB-11.38. The new and limited edition 11.38 uses Amanero USB module while 11.32 uses USB32. There is no issues with the Amanero driver installation. You have already installed the right driver, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use your DAC via USB. No need to install additional drivers.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #2,950 of 3,093
It looks like people are confusing NFB-11.32 with NFB-11.38. The new and limited edition 11.38 uses Amanero USB module while 11.32 uses USB32. There is no issues with the Amanero driver installation. You have already installed the right driver, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use your DAC via USB. No need to install additional drivers.

The below upgrades have included in the NFB-11.28 default version .
1, Upgrade the DA chip from ES9018 to newest ES9028.
2, Upgrade to Amanero combo 384 (official price is USD97 exclude shipping cost) from the USB32, Amanero is the best compatible USB interface in world, and we are consider it is best sound interface .

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #2,951 of 3,093
Yeah, it is probably the difference between earlier and more recent versions of the NFB 11... I have not had an issue with my 11.38, but was concerned because I had seen so many reports of problems with drivers installation.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #2,952 of 3,093
The below upgrades have included in the NFB-11.28 default version .
1, Upgrade the DA chip from ES9018 to newest ES9028.
2, Upgrade to Amanero combo 384 (official price is USD97 exclude shipping cost) from the USB32, Amanero is the best compatible USB interface in world, and we are consider it is best sound interface .

So can I upgrade my one, it's the same model that was in the Z reviews video.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #2,953 of 3,093
So can I upgrade my one, it's the same model that was in the Z reviews video.

Ah, I guess I was assuming everyone was buying theirs new ... I purchased mine earlier this year directly from Audio-GD.

If you have an older version this would make sense I suppose.

Edit: Just realized I posted the wrong driver link in my earlier post ... epic fail. Here is the correct one:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/Amanero/AmaneroEN.htm

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #2,955 of 3,093
I don't think so. The mentioned upgrades are in the design, no in modules.

Edit: perhaps USB can be upgraded to Amanero. You should ask Kingwa whether this can be done.

I would be interested to know myself. I never had any issues with my NFB11.32 but Amanero would be worthwhile upgrade methinks. And I don't see why it would not be possible, but I've been known to be wrong...once...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back