Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jul 26, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #2,956 of 3,093
I would be interested to know myself. I never had any issues with my NFB11.32 but Amanero would be worthwhile upgrade methinks. And I don't see why it would not be possible, but I've been known to be wrong...once...

All I know is that the noise floor is virtually inaudible and the DAC is the most neutral I've ever owned.

After wasting countless money and time with Schiit Audio (They really need to remove the 'c' from their name) I finally jumped on the NFB11 and couldn't be happier.

Aug 6, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #2,957 of 3,093
hey guys.

i have my new NFB-11.28 and my headphone is HE4XX do you know the best digital filter set for this headphones ?

and i ordered the HD6XX i read that this NFB-11.28 is good compo with HD6XX what do you think ?

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #2,958 of 3,093
I use my HD6XX with my older NFB-11 from 2014. Most excellent combination, IMO.

The HD6XX is a great headphone for the money
cheers.gif

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #2,960 of 3,093
have you try the HD6XX with another amp ?

Not other than with my portable amp. I got off the desktop dac/amp buying merry go round a few years ago. Much better to spend money on headphones, rather than investing money in the minute advantages that different amp/dac units offer :)

Aug 7, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #2,961 of 3,093
Not other than with my portable amp. I got off the desktop dac/amp buying merry go round a few years ago. Much better to spend money on headphones, rather than investing money in the minute advantages that different amp/dac units offer :)

okay, everyone say that you have to buy better headphone then buying better dac/amp, but at the same time i read that hd6xx/650 is as good as you get better amp you'll get better sound

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #2,962 of 3,093
okay, everyone say that you have to buy better headphone then buying better dac/amp, but at the same time i read that hd6xx/650 is as good as you get better amp you'll get better sound

That's a good question for the sound science forum: https://www.head-fi.org/forums/sound-science.133/. I'm in the good solid state dacs/amps should be audible transparent camp, assuming the amps have enough power to drive the headphones (which NFB-11 easily does).

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #2,964 of 3,093
hey guys.

i have my new NFB-11.28 and my headphone is HE4XX do you know the best digital filter set for this headphones ?

and i ordered the HD6XX i read that this NFB-11.28 is good compo with HD6XX what do you think ?

How a particular headphone will sound has a lot more to do with what you like than what others do :) Seriously, as we all hear differently, and all of our tastes are slightly (or more) different, no way to answer that. For me, I realized that my 11.38 was extremely transparent (wire with gain), so much so that while the Elex are my current favorite headphones, I have to default to my second favorite Sundara that are not quite as bright as the Elex as the combination of Elex and 11.38 is just too fatiguing... As to the 6XX/650... I like the combination with the 11.38 as the headphones are far less bright.

As to filter, I only played with two of them (too much of a PITA to take the cover off and move around the jumpers, at least one of which is bloody hard to get at) - fast/minimum & slow/linear. I prefer the slow/linear (EDIT - in original response I incorrectly wrote slow/minimum) because it takes the edge off a bit - slightly smoother sound. But then that is just me!

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #2,965 of 3,093
How a particular headphone will sound has a lot more to do with what you like than what others do :) Seriously, as we all hear differently, and all of our tastes are slightly (or more) different, no way to answer that. For me, I realized that my 11.38 was extremely transparent (wire with gain), so much so that while the Elex are my current favorite headphones, I have to default to my second favorite Sundara that are not quite as bright as the Elex as the combination of Elex and 11.38 is just too fatiguing... As to the 6XX/650... I like the combination with the 11.38 as the headphones are far less bright.

As to filter, I only played with two of them (too much of a PITA to take the cover off and move around the jumpers, at least one of which is bloody hard to get at) - fast/minimum & slow/linear. I prefer the slow/minimum because it takes the edge off a bit - slightly smoother sound. But then that is just me!
I appreciate that help, ty : )

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #2,966 of 3,093
guys i have weird problem with my NFB-11.28.

when i have my headphones on my head and i'm sitting on my chair if i stand up the sound cut and goes back for like 1MS idk What is this problem !

it happen with my two headphones, i'm sure that headphones cable is not the problem i test that, even the 6.3 port in NFB-11.28 is good and have no problem i try to shake the port when i'm sitting there is no problem !

the weirdest thing that even when my headphones on my desk and i'm sitting on my chair and stand up i hear the sound cut and back to work in like 1 - 2MS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there is nothing shaking or moving when i stand up

does anyone have problem like this xD !

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #2,967 of 3,093
guys i have weird problem with my NFB-11.28.

when i have my headphones on my head and i'm sitting on my chair if i stand up the sound cut and goes back for like 1MS idk What is this problem !

it happen with my two headphones, i'm sure that headphones cable is not the problem i test that, even the 6.3 port in NFB-11.28 is good and have no problem i try to shake the port when i'm sitting there is no problem !

the weirdest thing that even when my headphones on my desk and i'm sitting on my chair and stand up i hear the sound cut and back to work in like 1 - 2MS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there is nothing shaking or moving when i stand up

does anyone have problem like this xD !
I have the very same problem... I thought it was just my setup! I can just barely move and the sound cuts out momentarily and then restarts.

I did an experiment yesterday and replaced the USB cord (I connect my NFB 11.38 to a laptop through USB) and for the very short time I tried it I did not get the cut out of sound. However since it is a relatively infrequent thing for me I need to test it more today. I will post here my findings...

Aug 20, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #2,968 of 3,093
I have the very same problem... I thought it was just my setup! I can just barely move and the sound cuts out momentarily and then restarts.

I did an experiment yesterday and replaced the USB cord (I connect my NFB 11.38 to a laptop through USB) and for the very short time I tried it I did not get the cut out of sound. However since it is a relatively infrequent thing for me I need to test it more today. I will post here my findings...

i did try another USB cord same problem happen.

i can't wait for your replay.

i'm using PC btw

Aug 20, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #2,969 of 3,093
i did try another USB cord same problem happen.

i can't wait for your replay.

i'm using PC btw
Just a short test... With the new USB cable, one hour listening and no cut outs. Will continue testing later, but for now I better hit the gym or I won't stop listening to the music :) OK, will listen while working out, but on a far less capable portable system!

One other observation. I found my NFB was far more sensitive to experiencing cutouts when I had another DAC plugged into a different USB port. Without the second Amp plugged in I had far fewer cutouts but still had some. But for now, with only the NFB plugged in and a different than stock cable, no cutouts. Yet...

If you don't mind, I have a tangential question for you. What filter have you set your 11.28 to? The 11.38 has the same filters, but it is a PITA to change the jumpers so I haven't experimented much.

Aug 21, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #2,970 of 3,093
Just a short test... With the new USB cable, one hour listening and no cut outs. Will continue testing later, but for now I better hit the gym or I won't stop listening to the music :) OK, will listen while working out, but on a far less capable portable system!

One other observation. I found my NFB was far more sensitive to experiencing cutouts when I had another DAC plugged into a different USB port. Without the second Amp plugged in I had far fewer cutouts but still had some. But for now, with only the NFB plugged in and a different than stock cable, no cutouts. Yet...

If you don't mind, I have a tangential question for you. What filter have you set your 11.28 to? The 11.38 has the same filters, but it is a PITA to change the jumpers so I haven't experimented much.

ok, i have another cheap USB sound card plug into my PC and i did try to unplug it and try, same problem happen.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Exte...UTF8&qid=1534824946&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+sound

it's ok to ask : )

and i haven't change the filters, it was and still ( Fast roll-off ) i don't know anything about filters even my English is poor i can't read full page of words so i don't know what those filters do, if you know can you give me short answer to understand what is this ?

CvM4wPm.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back