Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Mar 9, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #2,011 of 3,093
ths :)

I was hesitating between Mojo and NFB-11

decided to buy the NFB-11 !

After your views I was so sad :frowning2:

You can always sell it off to another person. $300 is a very good value for this spec including DAC though. It's not the end of the world...NFB-11 is very good. It's just that the DAC/amp is close to neutral and doesn't match very well with neutral/bright headphones.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #2,012 of 3,093
  You have the Philips X2 is not it? 
How NFB-11 performance with her?

I'm not a hardcore audiophile so i can just say: It's an overall improve experience, bass is tighter with better texture, space senses is sharper, more clarity and transparent,... A great match for the X2!!!
atsmile.gif

And with that budget you should save a little more for the NFB-28 or NFB-29H, not the NFB-11. I think they can compete with the Mojo.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #2,013 of 3,093
You can always sell it off to another person. $300 is a very good value for this spec including DAC though. It's not the end of the world...NFB-11 is very good. It's just that the DAC/amp is close to neutral and doesn't match very well with neutral/bright headphones.

I'm not a hardcore audiophile so i can just say: It's an overall improve experience, bass is tighter with better texture, space senses is sharper, more clarity and transparent,... A great match for the X2!!!
atsmile.gif

And with that budget you should save a little more for the NFB-28 or NFB-29H, not the NFB-11. I think they can compete with the Mojo.
rolleyes.gif

:D :D :D

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #2,014 of 3,093
  It does not warm up that much even when playing (the new units have the 35W transformer), I leave mine on 24/7. 

IS the new transformer supposed to warm less or more than the old one?

BTW, the NFB11 works without driver installation like the O2, if we stick to O2 functionality, right?

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #2,016 of 3,093
I was hesitating between Mojo and NFB-11
 decided to buy the NFB-11 !
After your views I was so sad :frowning2:

It seems to me mojo and NFB are meant for completely opposite scenarios (portable vs desktop).
From what I have read about the mojo, it seems to me it sucks as a desktop device. It seems it consumes more than the charger provides, so it has to eat from the battery too, meaning at some point in time it will have to stop playing to recharge the battery. It would be nice if they made a non-battery version with proper power supply, but I don't think it will happen any time soon. The hugo is expensive by having many things we don't care about.
So we are back to NFB that sucks as portable but is good as desktop. (except for the no front power on :))

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #2,017 of 3,093
It seems to me mojo and NFB are meant for completely opposite scenarios (portable vs desktop).
From what I have read about the mojo, it seems to me it sucks as a desktop device. It seems it consumes more than the charger provides, so it has to eat from the battery too, meaning at some point in time it will have to stop playing to recharge the battery. It would be nice if they made a non-battery version with proper power supply, but I don't think it will happen any time soon. The hugo is expensive by having many things we don't care about.
So we are back to NFB that sucks as portable but is good as desktop. (except for the no front power on :))

Very true. Mojo is not designed as a desktop combo. NFB-11 is not designed as a portable combo. It's like comparing IEMs to openback cans.

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #2,018 of 3,093

IS the new transformer supposed to warm less or more than the old one?

BTW, the NFB11 works without driver installation like the O2, if we stick to O2 functionality, right?

The new transformer has more capacity therefore it warms less. I have had the NFB11 on Win7, Win8.1, Win10 all x64 without any problems in the driver aspect. Does not work without a driver unless you're on Apple or Linux.

Mar 10, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #2,020 of 3,093
what's the sound sig of the nfb 29h and 11? 

Sound sig of nfb11 is close to neutral. Sabre dac and all discrete amp section. If you listen to modern recordings and bright headphones, there will be sibilance and possibly sound harsh. On the other hand, I've tried HD600,650 and some non bright IEMs and they seem to sound pretty good.

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #2,023 of 3,093
Just to chime in here about comparing the Mojo and NFB-11 since I have both (I also have the X2s). The Mojo works fine for desktop use as that's what I've been using it mainly for at the moment. I also use it with a Fiio X5 II. I don't know where you've heard that it consumes more than a charger can supply because that hasn't been the case for me. That said, I have the 2015 version of the NFB-11 and I really like it and won't be getting rid of it any time soon so I wouldn't get buyer's regret. It's a great value for what it provides. A very good DAC and more than enough power for just about any headphone out there. Currently I have the NFB-11 feeding a Schiit Vali 2 (wanted to play around with tubes and it's a pretty cheap way to get into it) but it sounds great with the X2s on its own.

Mar 11, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #2,024 of 3,093
  Just to chime in here about comparing the Mojo and NFB-11 since I have both (I also have the X2s). The Mojo works fine for desktop use as that's what I've been using it mainly for at the moment. I also use it with a Fiio X5 II. I don't know where you've heard that it consumes more than a charger can supply because that hasn't been the case for me. That said, I have the 2015 version of the NFB-11 and I really like it and won't be getting rid of it any time soon so I wouldn't get buyer's regret. It's a great value for what it provides. A very good DAC and more than enough power for just about any headphone out there. Currently I have the NFB-11 feeding a Schiit Vali 2 (wanted to play around with tubes and it's a pretty cheap way to get into it) but it sounds great with the X2s on its own.

How about the sound compare between the Mojo and NFB-11?
rolleyes.gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #2,025 of 3,093
I did a comparison of my Mojo and my NFB11 and my personal finding is that the NFB11 sounds drier and thinner whereas the Mojo is more fuller sounding with a better bottom slam and faster and prominent high percussive attack. The headphones I used for this test is the Audeze LCD-X and Sennheiser HD600 playing back the same audio files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back