Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jan 14, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #1,981 of 3,093
Mine hasn't arrived yet, but from reading it seems most describe the NFB-11 as having a neutral bright sound. I understand the Beyerdynamics to be fairly bright uptop , so depending on you taste you my find it a bit on the bright side.

I have no personal experience, just relaying what I have read and how I understand it.

I think the NFB-11 is neutral.

You often here the description of it as "bright" in comparison to the NFB-15, which had a bit warmer sound. This, I think, has propagated the idea that the NFB-11 is bright, which I don't agree with. But just my personal opinion.

Jan 18, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #1,983 of 3,093
Mine will be delivered tomorrow or lately Wednesday. I will make some pictures because maybe someone is interested to see all the accesories or how it is shipped. (As far as I know they send only a power cable and a USB one, for me I already bought a 2m TOSLINK one).

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,984 of 3,093
Mine arrived earlier than predicted, in perfect condition. I will try it in the evening because now I have to return to the office.

It was shipped in a simple box with a power cable and a USB one. 

What I do not know is the function of the back button (only I and II written on it). Can anyone tell me what this button does?

Jan 19, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #1,986 of 3,093
  OK, I found what the switch does:

Mute switch :  Push 1 for active the mute design, Push 2 for suspend the mute design.

But what is that mute  design?

For DSD pop sound.

2, Because the NFB11 had the hardware mute design , not as our other products had the software mute design, so we addition a switch for select active /suspend  the mute design for  remove the DSD music pop sound. Even always stay on active state ,it still can working fine with PCM and DSD music.

Jan 20, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #1,989 of 3,093
I think the NFB-11 is neutral.

You often here the description of it as "bright" in comparison to the NFB-15, which had a bit warmer sound. This, I think, has propagated the idea that the NFB-11 is bright, which I don't agree with. But just my personal opinion.

Just recieved the NFB-11 yesterday. I have to admit I do find it a little bright compared to what I'm used to (Sound Blaster E5 and JDS Labs C5D).

I Installed Equalizer APO to add an equalizer to windows and try and EQ to tame it a bit.

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #1,990 of 3,093
I find it neutral. I try to avoid all kind of equalizers because in my opinion they add noise to the music. So for me only foobar with WASAPI and no equalizer. Indeed, sometimes I prefer a warmer sound, but I am not sure how you can make the nfb11 warmer. Maybe different headphones or another amp on the RCA outputs?

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #1,991 of 3,093
  I find it neutral. I try to avoid all kind of equalizers because in my opinion they add noise to the music. So for me only foobar with WASAPI and no equalizer. Indeed, sometimes I prefer a warmer sound, but I am not sure how you can make the nfb11 warmer. Maybe different headphones or another amp on the RCA outputs?

I usually don't like to use EQ unless I have to and avoid software enhancements, but I can't hear any negative affects and lowering the treble makes it easier to listen.

Yes, a different AMP might help. I'm considering a few options but can't do it right away so the EQ will have to due till then.

Considerations:

1. Garag1217 Project Solaris (AMP)
2. Gustard H10 (AMP)
3 Aune X1s (DAC?AMP combo)
4. Sennheiser Orpheus (DAC/AMP/HEADPHONE).... ok just kidding on this one.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #1,992 of 3,093

I usually don't like to use EQ unless I have to and avoid software enhancements, but I can't hear any negative affects and lowering the treble makes it easier to listen.

Yes, a different AMP might help. I'm considering a few options but can't do it right away so the EQ will have to due till then.

Considerations:

1. Garag1217 Project Solaris (AMP)
2. Gustard H10 (AMP)
3 Aune X1s (DAC?AMP combo)
4. Sennheiser Orpheus (DAC/AMP/HEADPHONE).... ok just kidding on this one.

I don't know about the option 1+2 Amp but the Aune X1s, don't. From what i remember reading reviews, the X1s is pretty similar to the NFB 11 but the NFB 11 is a little better (Aune X1s use ES9018K2M chip while the NFB 11 use ES9018). If you prefer a warmer sound you should buy the NFB 15 not the NFB 11.

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #1,993 of 3,093
NFB-15 is not available anymore at audio-gd. I asked about it before ordering NFB-11. I am not sure if I will pair it with another amp, but I am curious to see what options I have for warmer sound.

What do you think about Creek OBH 21MKII? 

Jan 21, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #1,994 of 3,093
  NFB-15 is not available anymore at audio-gd. I asked about it before ordering NFB-11. I am not sure if I will pair it with another amp, but I am curious to see what options I have for warmer sound.

What do you think about Creek OBH 21MKII? 

Dunno. I never hear about it. My knowledge in DAC/Amp field is very narrow.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back