Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 14, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #676 of 2,569
Not absolutely necessary, it cleans up the source and does a great job. I listened to music just fine without it. I could do the same again but since its already sitting on top of my R2R-11, its here to stay. A usb cable from source to dac will still have a dirty source being played back, same with optical cable to the dac, source will still come out dirty. The Eitr is essentially a washing machine for the source before it makes it to the dac.
I'll see how it is with the stock USB cable at first then.

Jan 14, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #677 of 2,569
Do you think it's an absolute necessity to put a Schiit Eitr in the chain or will a higher quality USB cable be fine?

Not absolutely necessary, it cleans up the source and does a great job.

I agree.
I didnt hear any noise and was happy without the Eitr,but I bought it anyways knowing if I didnt hear an improvement I could always end up selling it for little to no loss.
It made a pretty significant improvement.
Im not selling it.

Jan 15, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #680 of 2,569
The usb cable seems good. About usb interface like eitr or equivalent, if you have problems like noise, etc. try the interface.
I never had problems with the audio-gd and other amplifiers like mojo,jotunheim, etc. Some people use one or more interface in chain

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #681 of 2,569
Hi,

I analyzed the Audio-GD USB cable and it has a website on it. I checked it and only found a similar cable:
http://www.szyiwanda.com/high-speed-usb-cableusb-tv-tuner-for-android-tablet-p00015p1.html
It costs only 3$ so I think it is not very high quality.
I just tested an audioquest forest USB cable which gives a better sound when comparing it with a cheap optical cable.
It was too difficult for me to do comparison with the provided blue audio-gd USB cable because the switching between those cables (audio-gd and audioquest) took too much time.
But I think nevertheless that the audioquest should have higher quality.
Also an Eitr is coming soon so I will check out if it provides even more better sound quality.
But I think that an USB cable is not so much important when using Eitr. There I think a digital cable is more important to transport the cleaned signal.
Perhaps anyone can ask Kingwa about his thoughts of the provided USB cables.

NFB11.28 and R2R11 by the way provide the same USB cable.
Note: BTW I didn't have any problems with the Audio-GD cables

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #682 of 2,569
I requested a quote for the r2r 11. It just is too good combined with my office headphones, the mdr-7506. Can't believe the soundstage and how direct and smooth it sounds.

Jan 15, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #684 of 2,569
Most audio-gd gears benefit from an ac cord bigger than 18awg. A 14awg is worth under 20$ and should improve bass response. I will test it myself as soon as i get my r2r 11.
I confirm 14awg Pangea power cord improves bass and cohesion on R2R11

Jan 15, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #685 of 2,569
Most audio-gd gears benefit from an ac cord bigger than 18awg. A 14awg is worth under 20$ and should improve bass response. I will test it myself as soon as i get my r2r 11.
Now there's power cords to make your amp sound better? O
Something like this? --> https://www.monoprice.com/product?p...A6ulDLGrPpRAPXtfdese-elfM-umRuXkaAg95EALw_wcB

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #688 of 2,569
Lol, man this is getting absurd...
People claim everything can improve the sound on audio gears, from cables and fuses to the case footers and materials. Some people actually believe DACs enclosed in woods sound better than those in metals lmao. I mean, there are even magic rocks for audiophile ***. However, the general consensus is whatever that electricity can flows through it can be improved. I've seen lots of people swear by power cord upgrades but I'm still using the stock cords for all of my gears. I'm one of those people that is always looking for the best price/performance devices, and It's just not worth the money for such minuscule improvement.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #689 of 2,569
People claim everything can improve the sound on audio gears, from cables and fuses to the case footers and materials. Some people actually believe DACs enclosed in woods sound better than those in metals lmao. I mean, there are even magic rocks for audiophile ***. However, the common consensus is whatever that electricity can flows through it can be improved. I've seen lots of people swear by power cord upgrades but I'm still using the stock cords for all of my gears. I'm one of those people that is always looking for the best price/performance devices, and It's just not worth the money for such minuscule improvement.
I beg to differ. I like to burn in my headphones for exactly 1337 hours inside a climate controlled vacuum chamber otherwise they just don't sound as good.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #690 of 2,569
Guys, on the power cord issue... I am not selling you anything, this is an observation from me on my system. It is subtle but I can hear it. You can hear different and this is OK.
But it is better not to turn this place into cable debate, lets go back to R2R 11.
It is a great product and I have just put my Marantz HD-DAC1 for sale.
I am starting to wonder how much of an improvement the R2R 2 + C2 combo will bring and I seriously consider upgrading.
However reviews from owners of R2R 2 + C2 are very few...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back