Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jan 12, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #661 of 2,569
Doesn’t AGD do a burn-in before it leaves the factory also? Thought I read that somewhere. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #662 of 2,569
Doesn’t AGD do a burn-in before it leaves the factory also? Thought I read that somewhere. I could be wrong.
well..they do test them before shipping out (I've read for a week), and do you really want them holding on to your amp for 3 weeks vs one? Most amp/dacs and headphones require at least 100 hours burn in before they reach FULL POTENTIAL.

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #664 of 2,569
Between 9 and midnight on the dial is what I get too,so thats normal.

For me it's more like between 8 and 9 o'clock.

so you have plenty of reserves for higher ohm headphones :D

Yeah, it's good know that it has enough power :grinning:

That's crazy, what headphones do you have that this amp is too powerful? Sorry don't know how to turn the amp down.

I have the HD 660 S. They're not particulairly hard to drive.
So, I assume from the answers thus far that there is no way to turn the NFB 11 down from the inside or something like that :cry:. That really is a bit of a bummer. The volume knob whould be much nicer to use if I didn't have to fiddle with it in such a small range.

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #665 of 2,569
For me it's more like between 8 and 9 o'clock.

Yeah, it's good know that it has enough power :grinning:

I have the HD 660 S. They're not particulairly hard to drive.
So, I assume from the answers thus far that there is no way to turn the NFB 11 down from the inside or something like that :cry:. That really is a bit of a bummer. The volume knob whould be much nicer to use if I didn't have to fiddle with it in such a small range.

Yup with my ATH AD2000s I cant get much above 8-9:00(high gain)but then on more power hungry headphones it goes up to 12:00 or higher,but then again im old and like my music loud

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #666 of 2,569
Yup with my ATH AD2000s I cant get much above 8-9:00(high gain)but then on more power hungry headphones it goes up to 12:00 or higher,but then again im old and like my music loud
same here..you can hear my cans from the other side o the house, daughter walks up to me sometimes..."Really"!? HAHHAh :D #LoveIT

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #667 of 2,569
So even with the week-long burn-in with the R2R-11, I don't think the unit has really opened up yet. I'm gonna give that a couple of weeks However, I got my Schiit Eitr in and plugged up... the verdict is it turned my LCD-2C into a slightly more detailed and resolving headphone. It cleaned up the really rich texture of the mids and highs, it's still rich but with better clarity. The bass is a cleaner and has more impact, mids feel more alive, highs are even more pronounced. I'm hearing things I didn't hear before in songs and it really added some separation between instruments, especially in orchestra, it's much easier to distinguish what's happening between the violins and other instruments. Before the violins would just get lost, now it just works. If you're curious, go for it, music just sounds much better now, so I'm happy with this Schiity purchase. I really don't think it's necessary to get the Eitr if your goal is to save up for other things.

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #668 of 2,569
So even with the week-long burn-in with the R2R-11, I don't think the unit has really opened up yet. I'm gonna give that a couple of weeks However, I got my Schiit Eitr in and plugged up... the verdict is it turned my LCD-2C into a slightly more detailed and resolving headphone. It cleaned up the really rich texture of the mids and highs, it's still rich but with better clarity. The bass is a cleaner and has more impact, mids feel more alive, highs are even more pronounced. I'm hearing things I didn't hear before in songs and it really added some separation between instruments, especially in orchestra, it's much easier to distinguish what's happening between the violins and other instruments. Before the violins would just get lost, now it just works. If you're curious, go for it, music just sounds much better now, so I'm happy with this Schiity purchase. I really don't think it's necessary to get the Eitr if your goal is to save up for other things.
Nice! Cool too see another user own the Shiit + r2r-11 combo around here.

Jan 14, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #669 of 2,569
Today i sent a mail to Mr. King Wa asking differences between r2r-15 and r2r-11
This is the answer:
R2R 15 had built in two units 24bit DA, R2R 11 is four units.
In technology, R2R 15 only can arrive 23bit , R2R 11 arrive 24 bit.
In sound, R2R 15 is more warmer , like the 1990's sound style.
R2R 11 is close neutral but can setting to warmer sound, and still can not as warm as R2R 15.
at the end i´m glad i chose the 15

Jan 14, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #670 of 2,569
Today i sent a mail to Mr. King Wa asking differences between r2r-15 and r2r-11
This is the answer:
R2R 15 had built in two units 24bit DA, R2R 11 is four units.
In technology, R2R 15 only can arrive 23bit , R2R 11 arrive 24 bit.
In sound, R2R 15 is more warmer , like the 1990's sound style.
R2R 11 is close neutral but can setting to warmer sound, and still can not as warm as R2R 15.
at the end i´m glad i chose the 15
wow..one bit difference..crazy.

Jan 14, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #672 of 2,569
Is the USB cable included with the R2R-11 not that good?

Jan 14, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #674 of 2,569
I honestly don't know what the cable is made of so I can't say. It seemed to do the job, most cables will. I just couldn't stand the blue sticking out like a sore thumb.
Do you think it's an absolute necessity to put a Schiit Eitr in the chain or will a higher quality USB cable be fine?

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #675 of 2,569
Not absolutely necessary, it cleans up the source and does a great job. I listened to music just fine without it. I could do the same again but since its already sitting on top of my R2R-11, its here to stay. A usb cable from source to dac will still have a dirty source being played back, same with optical cable to the dac, source will still come out dirty. The Eitr is essentially a washing machine for the source before it makes it to the dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back