Audio-gd NFB-10
Sep 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #1,186 of 2,860
Quote:
I just got my reply back from kingwa to a question i asked him yestuday. This is what he said:

"I ever ask 8 workers who are the hifi fans in my factory to compare the NFB10 and the NFB10SE at same time and mark the feeling on paper .
4 workers consider the NFB10 SE sound better because the 9 type flavors setting can easy suit their personal taste.
Another 4 workers think the sound level is same.
The NFB10 SE cheaper , because 
1, it is promo now, we want to promo let more people can experience the balance gears ability.
2,  the chassis is much cheaper than the NFB10 heavy chassis.
3,  the SMD parts which is allow we save some work time for less cost. "

thank you kingwa.

Lol. Cut. Paste.
ph34r.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #1,188 of 2,860

Quote:
I just got my reply back from kingwa to a question i asked him yestuday. This is what he said:

"I ever ask 8 workers who are the hifi fans in my factory to compare the NFB10 and the NFB10SE at same time and mark the feeling on paper .
4 workers consider the NFB10 SE sound better because the 9 type flavors setting can easy suit their personal taste.
Another 4 workers think the sound level is same.
The NFB10 SE cheaper , because 
1, it is promo now, we want to promo let more people can experience the balance gears ability.
2,  the chassis is much cheaper than the NFB10 heavy chassis.
3,  the SMD parts which is allow we save some work time for less cost. "

thank you kingwa.

Wow I like Kingwa's philosophy, this guy rocks!

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #1,189 of 2,860
Hi all, i am also interested in getting NFB10SE but got some question to ask before ordering. 

My main objective is to use the DAC section for my Swan MKII speaker and light usage on the amp section.

- is this worth getting or should i just stick with NFB3.1? 
- how do i connect the balanced DAC section to my speaker? Laptop (USB) -> NFB10SE (USB) -> speaker ? 

Thanks. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:24 AM Post #1,194 of 2,860

Quote:
Hi all, i am also interested in getting NFB10SE but got some question to ask before ordering. 

My main objective is to use the DAC section for my Swan MKII speaker and light usage on the amp section.

- is this worth getting or should i just stick with NFB3.1? 
- how do i connect the balanced DAC section to my speaker? Laptop (USB) -> NFB10SE (USB) -> speaker ? 

Thanks. 

The balanced setup isn't being used with those speakers and defeats the purpose IMO. Stick with the 3.1 or NFB-5 (for headphone use too) if you have single ended equipment.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #1,195 of 2,860
Wow, that is a phenominal price - I'm glad I just bought a first edition -10.  I don't at all like push button volume though.  Actually, I'm a big fan of the simple and easy rotary dial and he seems to be moving far from those.  I also hope he doesn't just leave the old form factor because I like the old one more but I also don't to wind up getting new gear that doesn't match my old gear.

As far as low imp phones go, my -10 is very very nice with my grados.

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #1,200 of 2,860
the chassis is much cheaper than the NFB10 heavy chassis.

Yes you can easily see that on pictures, look like a wonderful unit but numerical volume control with sturdy button must be really hard to use, there nothing quite like turning a big knob for volume control, although this unit is really wonderful for the price, congrats again audio-gd !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back