Audio-gd NFB-10
Sep 15, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #1,201 of 2,860

Quote:
Wow, that is a phenominal price - I'm glad I just bought a first edition -10.  I don't at all like push button volume though.  Actually, I'm a big fan of the simple and easy rotary dial and he seems to be moving far from those.  I also hope he doesn't just leave the old form factor because I like the old one more but I also don't to wind up getting new gear that doesn't match my old gear.

As far as low imp phones go, my -10 is very very nice with my grados.

I agree. I like the big volume knob better than digital volume. But man...this NFB-10SE has gotta be the deal of all time. I'm thinking if I should pick one up for backup or just for different flavor. 

Yeah it does outstanding with Grado's and practically every other headphone I've used it on. Drives with precise control and authority. The more time I spend with my 10ES, the more I'm in love with the unit.

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #1,202 of 2,860

Quote:
Quote:
the chassis is much cheaper than the NFB10 heavy chassis.

Yes you can easily see that on pictures, look like a wonderful unit but numerical volume control with sturdy button must be really hard to use, there nothing quite like turning a big knob for volume control, although this unit is really wonderful for the price, congrats again audio-gd !

The master preamp (http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-5/Master-5EN.htm) has similiar kind of volume control. And it's the top of the line serie.
I understand that one may be looking for "feeling", but I believe that for what concerns sound quality, this is at least as good as the original nfb-10.
Again, the more neatness of the nfb-10SE doesn't make it better than the nfb-10, and the lack of the feeling of the volume knob doesn't make it sound worse than the original nfb-10.

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #1,203 of 2,860
I know we all like our knobs..........but 2 reasons he went to the digital volume- the knob would sometimes break in transit by customs inspections (taking in and out, not repacking correctly) and he feels the digital volume is better for SQ and channel balance.

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #1,204 of 2,860
Hello.

To those who have ordered Audio-Gd products, may I ask if the transaction process is via email (obtaining price and shipping quote, confirming intent to order, etc) and then payment via Paypal/bank order?

Also, are the different digital filters different combinations of the sound qualities such as resolution, warmth?

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #1,205 of 2,860

Quote:
To add something to what you said, the fact that it's "neater" doesn't absolutely mean anything whatsoever. But certainly the lower price is apetible.

That's not really adding much...  At least/most you can see that work has gone into the product design and that it doesn't look like a makeshift DIY experiment.

In the case of the design there is nothing to guarantee that the new unit is different in basic sound quality, but one could hope earlier issues have been addressed.

Functionally the main difference from WM to SE is that WM used DSP board which allowed for updampling with use of jumpers, this new unit appears to offer oversampling via front controls, and different power output.

Will have to ask Kingwa if the new unit offers upsampling - with the DI at least upsampling [to 96kHz] improves sharpness of imaging and improves sense of detail.

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #1,207 of 2,860
If there is a sound quality difference between the original and the SE version, it should be down to the surface mount capacitors and resistors used in the DAC section. It can be better or worse. There are people who questioned the use of film capacitors at the DAC sections of the higher end audio-gd DAC. So the design of the SE version is more "mainstream".

Now if they can make a balanced amplifier only version of it, sell it for $350 and call it ROC SE.... then it will sure become their best selling amp.

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #1,208 of 2,860
After some more back and forths with Kingwa, I'm won on the notion that this and the NFB-10WM are probably on the same level.  

Still thinking though.  I've been meaning to try Stax, but a previous $1K dynamic amp/DAC down to $499?  Hmm.

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #1,209 of 2,860
Just do it sphinx.

Btw, I did some critical listening with the Fun powering the rev.2 for the first time yesterday, and was reminded of that great Audio-GD house sound. The Lyr's days are numbered.

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #1,210 of 2,860
Updates on my repair:

I'm supposed to be sending it to pacific valve but it so happens that the warranty is voided since I'm not the original purchaser.  I think thats a bunch of bull.  If I have to pay for shipping I would, but I dont think its right for me to pay for repairs and labor.  ITS NOT MY FAULT!

what do you guys think?

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #1,211 of 2,860
Every agent before become our agent, they must promises they offer the guarantee our products of their sell.

If you bought from our agents and want to offer the guarantee, the first is contact them.

But any time if our agent refuse offer the guarantee, you always can contact us.

We don't limit the first users had the guarantee serve .

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #1,212 of 2,860

Quote:
Just do it sphinx.

Btw, I did some critical listening with the Fun powering the rev.2 for the first time yesterday, and was reminded of that great Audio-GD house sound. The Lyr's days are numbered.

Argh! Pls stop talking about the audeze lcd-2 rev.2, I'm seriously thinking of selling the rev.1, which definitly doesn't appeal to my taste.

Btw, Kingwa gave me the same copy/paste answer, but added a few things more, as I had asked about them:

NFB10 and NFB10SE both are digital control volume , the different is the NFB10SE is bottons, 48 steps X2, the NFB10 is ALPS volume pot control, 32 steps X2.

We choice the high grade SMD parts in the NFB10SE, they work safe.
Kingwa

Kingwa, will the promo last until the first week of october? I don't have money now.

Sep 16, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #1,213 of 2,860

Quote:
Hello.

To those who have ordered Audio-Gd products, may I ask if the transaction process is via email (obtaining price and shipping quote, confirming intent to order, etc) and then payment via Paypal/bank order?

Also, are the different digital filters different combinations of the sound qualities such as resolution, warmth?

You send them an email what you want and they send you an email with a chart where you input your name and address info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back