Audio-gd NFB-10
Sep 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #1,171 of 2,860
The DIR modules whatever DIR9001 or the WM8805 can't effect the DA digital filter setting , choice the DIR9001 limit the input sampling highest is 96KHz, the DA digital filter setting still active and had different performance at every steps.
deadhorse.gif
Bad English here.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #1,172 of 2,860
$500 is a huge bargain - I might consider one purely as a backup and to try the new DSP filters.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #1,177 of 2,860

Quote:
It looks like it uses a different power supply. What's the compromise here for the cheaper price?

I don't see any reason to assume compromises have been made, at least any more than in the original design - the circuitry and wiring looks a lot neater than before, and different power specs will only really affect HifiMan He-6.

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #1,181 of 2,860
I don't see any reason to assume compromises have been made, at least any more than in the original design - the circuitry and wiring looks a lot neater than before, and different power specs will only really affect HifiMan He-6.

errr, it used to be handmade and had through hole components, now has SIMD parts (aside from the receiver board, the power caps, and the transistors) (probs better tolerances, but a bit less power output). As a bonus it's also lighter and will probably cost less to ship and let audio-gd produce them cheaper (less labor and rework). Value for money $500-600 it'd probably be unbeatable.

IDK, I'd still only buy one after I tried it and had power hungry dynamic HP to stick into it... After I verify it has no screwed vol pot, or impedance matching problems with low impedance HP. Will you be buying one :D ?

IDK about the new volume control. Having been screwed by one 'innovative vol pot' design on 10WM, I'm not particularly overjoyed with a prospect of another one, but sure theoretically it sounds fine.

Pity they still use the old Tenor TE7022L for USB. If he'd used the new chip and added a adaptive/async mode switch it would've probably been an even bigger sell-out.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB5/9.gif
also, wotf is that a graph of? What's graph 1 and 2 and the significance?

>how much did the nfb-10 cost before? I'm seriously considering to pull the trigger *look*

shipped? nearly $1k :)

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #1,182 of 2,860

Quote:
errr, it used to be handmade and had through hole components, now has SIMD parts (aside from the receiver board, the power caps, and the transistors) (probs better tolerances, but a bit less power output). As a bonus it's also lighter and will probably cost less to ship and let audio-gd produce them cheaper (less labor and rework). Value for money $500-600 it'd probably be unbeatable.

IDK, I'd still only buy one after I tried it and had power hungry dynamic HP to stick into it... After I verify it has no screwed vol pot, or impedance matching problems with low impedance HP. Will you be buying one
biggrin.gif
?

IDK about the new volume control. Having been screwed by one 'innovative vol pot' design on 10WM, I'm not particularly overjoyed with a prospect of another one, but sure theoretically it sounds fine.

Pity they still use the old Tenor TE7022L for USB. If he'd used the new chip and added a adaptive/async mode switch it would've probably been an even bigger sell-out.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB5/9.gif
also, wotf is that a graph of? What's graph 1 and 2 and the significance?

>how much did the nfb-10 cost before? I'm seriously considering to pull the trigger *look*

shipped? nearly $1k
smily_headphones1.gif

To add something to what you said, the fact that it's "neater" doesn't absolutely mean anything whatsoever. But certainly the lower price is apetible.
Just checked also: the old one was about 890$ including shipping to europe, the new one is about 575$ including shipping
eek.gif
! Quite a huge difference! And the shipping price seems lower.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind the cheaper components, if the price is as greatly reduced as now.
I would just like to know from Kingwa or some other guys, a comparison between the 2.

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #1,183 of 2,860
This could be the amp for me. I assume volume is shown on the display? Like "+" "-" decibels or something?

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #1,184 of 2,860
Man, if he leaves the price where it is this thing will be a hot product.  I wonder how long this promo price will last--the NFB-12 has been on it's promo price for 10 months.

(Somebody buy my 252S fast!!)

Sep 15, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #1,185 of 2,860
I just got my reply back from kingwa to a question i asked him yestuday. This is what he said:

"I ever ask 8 workers who are the hifi fans in my factory to compare the NFB10 and the NFB10SE at same time and mark the feeling on paper .
4 workers consider the NFB10 SE sound better because the 9 type flavors setting can easy suit their personal taste.
Another 4 workers think the sound level is same.
The NFB10 SE cheaper , because 
1, it is promo now, we want to promo let more people can experience the balance gears ability.
2,  the chassis is much cheaper than the NFB10 heavy chassis.
3,  the SMD parts which is allow we save some work time for less cost. "

thank you kingwa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back