Audio-gd NFB-10
Jun 8, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #2,851 of 2,860
Totally glad to see you enjoying the new unit. I was watching it on ebay. Totally great price for a balanced dac and amp.

When you compared them how long had they been on for? In my experience dacs, especially audio gd ones sound a lot better once theyve been left on for a few hours.

Great tip, thanks! I did have them on for a few hours. I've also had the Bifrost/Asgard 2 for a couple years now, and the biggest win with the NFB-10 has been the reduction in listening fatigue. Not sure if anyone else has had that experience with the Bifrost/Asgard 2.

I'm looking forward to actually using them with balanced cans! Right now I'm just pairing it with my Mad Dogs and HD-650s, but in a few weeks I have a ZMF Omni arriving.

Jun 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #2,852 of 2,860

Great tip, thanks! I did have them on for a few hours. I've also had the Bifrost/Asgard 2 for a couple years now, and the biggest win with the NFB-10 has been the reduction in listening fatigue. Not sure if anyone else has had that experience with the Bifrost/Asgard 2.

I'm looking forward to actually using them with balanced cans! Right now I'm just pairing it with my Mad Dogs and HD-650s, but in a few weeks I have a ZMF Omni arriving.

Markus, I recently bought the NFB-10.33 and am really pleased with the power of the amp on the unit. I can tell you I've tried my alpha dogs with both the 1/4" and the balanced output and the balanced output is much more detailed and pronounced. I would assume you'd experience a similar improvement. 

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #2,853 of 2,860

Interesting. You could try to hook up the NFB-10 to the Asgard and see if it's still fatiguing. Depending on the recording, it could be the Schiit stack is being more faithful to the recording. 

Balancing is a dangerous (expensive) road, but it can be fun. Hope you like the Omnis. Did you get a balanced cable for the HD650?

Mar 6, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #2,855 of 2,860
Bumping an old thread to see if anyone else is still using one of these? I use the NFB 10.32 as DAC only in my main system and I'm more than happy with it.
yep.
07.jpg

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:54 PM Post #2,856 of 2,860
Bumping an old thread to see if anyone else is still using one of these? I use the NFB 10.32 as DAC only in my main system and I'm more than happy with it.
I'm using the NFB10.33 still - windows 11 complains about it a bit, I'll use it until it's not supported. Bought it in early 2016 so I'm on my 7th year with it, using LCD-X's. I don't think I can justify replacing it based on how great things sound, I'm sure I could get a couple percent better but I doubt it's worth it for me. The 10.33 is way too powerful for my headphones, I run the LCD-X on volume 6 of high gain (I would use low gain but too much knob turning).

Mar 7, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #2,857 of 2,860
I'm using the NFB10.33 still - windows 11 complains about it a bit, I'll use it until it's not supported. Bought it in early 2016 so I'm on my 7th year with it, using LCD-X's. I don't think I can justify replacing it based on how great things sound, I'm sure I could get a couple percent better but I doubt it's worth it for me. The 10.33 is way too powerful for my headphones, I run the LCD-X on volume 6 of high gain (I would use low gain but too much knob turning).
Concur. Been using both the NFB10 and NFB28 for more years now than I thought I would have actually kept them for!
Got the NFB28 first and the NFB10 came up around the same time. Was so impressed with the NFB28 that I decided to grab the NFB10 for redundancy but I actually use both either at the same time or switch between them sporadically.
Many DAC/Pre's have been listened-to and auditioned and the meantime but like you, when they sound this good I don't feel any need to replace them yet.

I use Foobar with the KS Amanero driver and still cannot get big hi-res .wv files to play but they will play happily via my Android phone (USBAudioplayerpro) plugged in to either of them.
Weird, but no biggie. :)

Mar 23, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #2,858 of 2,860
Please take google translator:

Das Dante Digimedia RCA TOS kann intern über Pfostenstecker mit 3,3V direkt mit einem LiFePO4 Akku versorgt werden, die notwendigen Anschlüsse wurden an der Rückseite des audio gd DACs angebracht und führen unsichtbar hoch zum Dante Device.
Das Digimedia RCA TOS ist zudem über ein 5poliges Flachbandkabel per I2S - ebenfalls über Pfostenstecker - mit der internen audio gd Buchse verbunden, die normalerweise für die USB Platine verwendet wird. S/PDIF wird also nicht gebraucht.
Natürlich musste ich dazu Löcher in die Deckel des audio gd und des Digimedia bohren, die man aber nicht sehen kann.
Als Zuspieler für das Dante Device dient ein Macbook Pro, das ebenfalls akkubetrieben läuft. Player ist Audirvana.

Insgesamt eine deutliche klangliche Verbesserung, da nur der audio gd am Hausstrom hängt.

Attachments

• dante audio gd 2.jpg
    dante audio gd 2.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 0
  • LiFePO4 Topband.jpg
    LiFePO4 Topband.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Digimedia.jpg
    Digimedia.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #2,859 of 2,860
Concur. Been using both the NFB10 and NFB28 for more years now than I thought I would have actually kept them for!
Got the NFB28 first and the NFB10 came up around the same time. Was so impressed with the NFB28 that I decided to grab the NFB10 for redundancy but I actually use both either at the same time or switch between them sporadically.
Many DAC/Pre's have been listened-to and auditioned and the meantime but like you, when they sound this good I don't feel any need to replace them yet.

I use Foobar with the KS Amanero driver and still cannot get big hi-res .wv files to play but they will play happily via my Android phone (USBAudioplayerpro) plugged in to either of them.
Weird, but no biggie. :)
Hello. What version of NFB-10 are you using? 10WM or 10ES? I don't know why all NFB-10ES and 10WM were deleted from Audio GD website. How does NFB-28 compare to NFB-10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back