Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Aug 31, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #376 of 2,556
  Is the +6dB option okay for IEMs? I have quite a few 16 Ohm IEMs and 25 Ohm cans. I need enough play to have full-day listening levels for them and I'm wondering if getting the +6dB option would make that no longer an option.

I asked the same question. Kingwa said the only issue will be the volume pot has to stay between 0 - 20 (out of 100), otherwise it will be too loud. I asked about my incoming customs which have a sensitivity of 123 db/ 1 mW, quite high. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #378 of 2,556
Received my M11, so far very beautiful sound, the sound is so clear yet so smooth, with a hint of warmth.  My HD800 has been tamed and is now producing really nice wonderful sound, gone are the siblance that I hear from classic Gungnir.  Doing a quick compare between M11 amp vs. Ragnarok, both driven by M11 as a DAC, I didn't detect any obvious different between the two, so I would say the M11 is just as good as Ragnarok.  Kingwa also made me a pair of XLR -> speaker tap cables so I could drive my Tekton Lore with the M11 (waiting for the Lore, still in production, can't wait).  According to Kingwa, the M11 can drive any speakers with efficiency of > 95 dB.

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #379 of 2,556

As a fellow canuck and HE-6 owner, I'd be interested in what you buy, how it sounds with the 6's and what the import experience is like.

The boost is needed for the HE-6 depending on the music you listen. I had ordered a M11 without and found that especially for some dynamic classical music pieces, I had to crank the volume sometimes past 90. So I ordered a booster upgrade. 

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #380 of 2,556
Received my M11, so far very beautiful sound, the sound is so clear yet so smooth, with a hint of warmth.  My HD800 has been tamed and is now producing really nice wonderful sound, gone are the siblance that I hear from classic Gungnir.  Doing a quick compare between M11 amp vs. Ragnarok, both driven by M11 as a DAC, I didn't detect any obvious different between the two, so I would say the M11 is just as good as Ragnarok.  Kingwa also made me a pair of XLR -> speaker tap cables so I could drive my Tekton Lore with the M11 (waiting for the Lore, still in production, can't wait).  According to Kingwa, the M11 can drive any speakers with efficiency of > 95 dB.

im missing something. The Tekton Lore speakers are passive no? How does the Master 11 'drive' speakers. Sorry to show my iggernance.

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #381 of 2,556

im currently looking at an upgrade to my system for my hd800s.

This upgrade has changed direction a few times and i think it's settled on a wa2 and upgraded tubes.

But wondering how would the master 11 compare to the wa2 (yes I know the wa2 has no dac)

And experienced views would be valued.

I'm a little worried from reading this thread that the master 11 has slightly recessed mids and I'm feeling the wa2 option is most suitable
Ta
Peter

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #383 of 2,556
im missing something. The Tekton Lore speakers are passive no? How does the Master 11 'drive' speakers. Sorry to show my iggernance.

I'm running it by using the L/R 3-pin XLR output, and using the cable Kingwa made for me so I could use my speaker cables.
The M11 output about 10W @ 8 ohm according to Kingwa.

Quote:
I'm a little worried from reading this thread that the master 11 has slightly recessed mids and I'm feeling the wa2 option is most suitable
Ta
Peter

If there's a recessed mids I didn't detect it, I tried listening with the frequency display and when I hear what seems like recessed mids it turns out the track really has higher volume low/high.

Quote:
By using 150W output devices, it's essentially a 50W Class AB speaker amp.

I'm not sure where/how you get this info, according to Kingwa the M11 output 10W @ 8 ohm class A, hence the requirement that the speakers need to be > 95 dB efficiency.

Here's how I have mine setup:

Speaker mode enabled:

Speaker mode dis-enabled:

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #384 of 2,556
If it's 9W @ 40 Ohm how can it be 10W @ 8 Ohm? Shouldn't it be higher? 

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #385 of 2,556
  If it's 9W @ 40 Ohm how can it be 10W @ 8 Ohm? Shouldn't it be higher? 

I thought so too, but quote from Kingwa:
"the Master 11 just had less than 10 W on 8 ohm output"

I'm not an expert at these things, so if anyone can chime in on why it had less output at 8 ohm, much appreciated.

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #386 of 2,556
  I'm not sure where/how you get this info, according to Kingwa the M11 output 10W @ 8 ohm class A, hence the requirement that the speakers need to be > 95 dB efficiency.

Math.  Key in Kingwa's statement is Class A.

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #387 of 2,556
A picture is worth 1000 words. So you are driving the speakers via the 3 pin xlr headphone outputs on the front of the amp. Is there anything else involved beside the xlr to female coax or RCA cable. Er ah...that is a female coax or RCA on the speaker end correct? Sorry, I'm into headphones but do not have much speaker knowledge except guitar amps. I'm used to using RCA for any speaker I have run into,so,far. So I need advise
Thank,you

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #388 of 2,556
Hello Khragon,
do you know if it´s possible to use the RCA/XLR outputs simultaneously?

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #389 of 2,556
A picture is worth 1000 words. So you are driving the speakers via the 3 pin xlr headphone outputs on the front of the amp. Is there anything else involved beside the xlr to female coax or RCA cable. Er ah...that is a female coax or RCA on the speaker end correct? Sorry, I'm into headphones but do not have much speaker knowledge except guitar amps. I'm used to using RCA for any speaker I have run into,so,far. So I need advise
Thank,you

Replied to your pm, it's 3-pin XLR -> 2x 5-way speaker posts.  You need efficient speakers though, one that's > 95 dB, check tektondesign and zuaudio out.

Hello Khragon,
do you know if it´s possible to use the RCA/XLR outputs simultaneously?

I think you can, I got to double check.

Sep 2, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #390 of 2,556
Replied to your pm, it's 3-pin XLR -> 2x 5-way speaker posts.  You need efficient speakers though, one that's > 95 dB, check tektondesign and zuaudio out.
Thank you. I did some reading about 5 way speaker posts HERE So it sounds like you connect the speakers with Banana plugs. Or you can just hook the wire in the eye of the plug. Correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back