Audio-gd Digital Interface
Sep 18, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #3,964 of 4,156
Looks like the last 25 units of the DI V3 are for sale w/ Audio-gd. Version w/ Coaxial input  and usb only, no power supplies. Bummer to hear. I was I could upgrade my reference 3 with one of thises, but guess they're going to be gone soon. 

Anyone hear if there will be a V4?

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #3,965 of 4,156
  Looks like the last 25 units of the DI V3 are for sale w/ Audio-gd. Version w/ Coaxial input  and usb only, no power supplies. Bummer to hear. I was I could upgrade my reference 3 with one of thises, but guess they're going to be gone soon. 

It seems like the TE8802 is making a comeback? He's selling USB kits featuring that chip 
confused.gif

Did Tenor finally solve their driver issues? Or was it a hardware bug that required a new silicon revision?

I'm not announcing anything, that's just an observation 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #3,966 of 4,156

I think he is moving towards internal USB and away from stand-alone units as the sound quality is the same or maybe better with internal. You could install an internal USB32 in your Ref-3 couldn't you (he sells these)?

Sep 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #3,967 of 4,156

I think he is moving towards internal USB and away from stand-alone units as the sound quality is the same or maybe better with internal. You could install an internal USB32 in your Ref-3 couldn't you (he sells these)?

I was actually thinking that. It seems like he just listed a bunch. Wonder if you could just buy a $40 and have a cheap little USB - Coax unit ?? I never saw the USB32 listed anywhere, so I assumed he was still working on this kit. I think I'll wait and see if he makes a V4 before making any moves. 

Sep 24, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #3,969 of 4,156
I xxx my SBT and fear its death. Today I received a Raspberry Pi single board computer, [mounted in a box] for $aud 47 posted. I have installed Raspyfi, a supposedly audiophile linux distro, and it works with the Audio-GD DI V3 firmware 11. There is an control app for my android tablet [that is sweet] so I am a happy chappy. Such cheap fun! No audiophile auditioning yet though...just gloating that such a cheap streamer is working. I am using a 32gig usb card, but NAS is also available. I will post soon re. the sound quality.
Raspberry Pi > usb hub with usb card attached>Audio-Gd DI v3> Sanders 10c stereo system

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #3,970 of 4,156
  I xxx my SBT and fear its death. Today I received a Raspberry Pi single board computer, [mounted in a box] for $aud 47 posted. I have installed Raspyfi, a supposedly audiophile linux distro, and it works with the Audio-GD DI V3 firmware 11. There is an control app for my android tablet [that is sweet] so I am a happy chappy. Such cheap fun! No audiophile auditioning yet though...just gloating that such a cheap streamer is working. I am using a 32gig usb card, but NAS is also available. I will post soon re. the sound quality.
Raspberry Pi > usb hub with usb card attached>Audio-Gd DI v3> Sanders 10c stereo system

Welcome to the party. I am also using RaspyFi 1.0 too but on DI-V2. Please check if you have the occasional "Zap" sound like I am having. It might be better if your music is stored in a USB memory drive directly attached the RPi.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #3,971 of 4,156
I recently got me a DI-V3 too. It has firmware 11 installed and I use it with a device that runs squeezeplay icm with EDO (just like the Touch). Works a treat, except that I have dropout sounds when playing 24/192 material. 24/96 plays flawless. Can other Touch+EDO users confirm that their DI-V3 (or USB32 equipped audio gd dac) plays 192 material without issues?

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #3,972 of 4,156
I'm using a SA-2 ( internal USB32, FW #9-3 ) connected to my SBT and it playes 24/192 without problems ( I've used it via WiFi as well as via wired LAN ).

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #3,973 of 4,156
I have a question:
the audio-gd DI-V3 will pass the Dolby or DTS signal to an external audio-video receiver for decoding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back