Audio-gd Digital Interface
Aug 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3,946 of 4,156
If I had a DI, I probably wouldn't stack it on another GD gear, but, as long as the NFB-5 has enough breathing space on most sides it shouldn't cause trouble. Keep the vent holes on the top side uncovered.

Quote:
Oh, I see. That actually makes sense. The unit actually gets quite hot (probably due to class A), do you think it's a good idea to stack it ontop of a NFB-5?

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #3,950 of 4,156
Quote:
The DI-V3 is now listed as discontinued.

DDC's had a very limited lifetime from Audio-gd...

What is this mean? Did not meet the expectations? Time to change to another USB asynchronous chip? Drivers/Firmware? Audio-gd will no longer make any DDC?

I know that this technology has had a great development, but...

If a new one is coming, do you know if the current DI-V3 can be upgradable to the new one?

Aug 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #3,952 of 4,156
Hey Now,

Been having problems with my iMac and the DI. I have the latest driver installed using OS X 10.7.5. When the Di is hooked up via the 12v power supply I get drop outs every couple of minutes, then it mounts again, then drops out, then mounts again . . .  When I run the coax in from my CD transport using the 12v power supply, it works fine. When I switch to USB power on the DI and the signal is from my iMac via USB, it works fine. 

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #3,953 of 4,156
Why are you still on OS X 10.7.5? Update to at least 10.8.4
Quote:
Hey Now,

Been having problems with my iMac and the DI. I have the latest driver installed using OS X 10.7.5. When the Di is hooked up via the 12v power supply I get drop outs every couple of minutes, then it mounts again, then drops out, then mounts again . . .  When I run the coax in from my CD transport using the 12v power supply, it works fine. When I switch to USB power on the DI and the signal is from my iMac via USB, it works fine. 

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #3,954 of 4,156
Quote:
Why are you still on OS X 10.7.5? Update to at least 10.8.4

Hey Now,

I haven't bought the upgrade because I have been busy buying headphones, DI and power supply,  and a TV 8^). Do you think upgrading to 10.8.4 will solve my 12v power supply issue?

--
Fines kind,
Chris 

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #3,955 of 4,156
Quote:
Hey Now,

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Are you sure that you could use 12V in your DI? My DI-V2 only allows 5 to 10V.

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #3,956 of 4,156
Quote:
I have exactly the same problem too! Firmware #10 is installed. SBT recognizes the DIV3 via usb output, but the dac gets no sound. Usb from pc works perfectly. Coax from SBT too. If someone finds a solution (KingWa?) I would be very happy to hear it.

Now firmware #11 is working fine with the SBT. Go to upgrade your Di-V3.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #3,958 of 4,156
At long last...[boy, have we waited.]       I confirm that firmware #11 works with SBT + EDO. Thank you Kingwa for persevering. This is especially good news, hard on the heels of the V3's demise.I was about to kiss it Goodbye!

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #3,959 of 4,156
Hi, I hope that I have read all posts, but I didn´t find answer for my problem. I have Compas 2 and I try to connect it with my notebook Acer Aspire S3-391 (Intel i7 Ivy bridge and USB 3.0 and Win8). I installed driver and I saw audio-GD in system in my pc, but every time, when I play some music, player (foobar2000, bsplayer, vlc) braked, music stop, or restart song or something, but didnt work properly :frowning2: I tried it on my old pc, and there is everything OK. On my brothers notebook (Asus Zenbook Prime Ux31 and Intel i7 Ivy bridge and USB 3.0 and Win 7) I had the same problem as with my notebook :frowning2: Can you somebody help me? Thank you very much :wink:

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #3,960 of 4,156
Quote:
Hi, I hope that I have read all posts, but I didn´t find answer for my problem. I have Compas 2 and I try to connect it with my notebook Acer Aspire S3-391 (Intel i7 Ivy bridge and USB 3.0 and Win8). I installed driver and I saw audio-GD in system in my pc, but every time, when I play some music, player (foobar2000, bsplayer, vlc) braked, music stop, or restart song or something, but didnt work properly :frowning2: I tried it on my old pc, and there is everything OK. On my brothers notebook (Asus Zenbook Prime Ux31 and Intel i7 Ivy bridge and USB 3.0 and Win 7) I had the same problem as with my notebook :frowning2: Can you somebody help me? Thank you very much :wink:

Are you on Firmware #11?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back