Audio-gd Digital Interface
Feb 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #3,557 of 4,156
Quote:
Has anyone successfully connected the DI-V3 to Logitech SB Touch w/EDO? I got the info from SBT shown it was running, but no data out from the DI-V3.

Then I tried connected DI to a Mac, and it work perfectly fine with the Mac.

And then I tried connected the SBT USB to Benchmark DAC1's USB input, and also works fine.

Any thing I missed in the setup?

To those that have had problems with the SB touch w/EDO, I have found the problem for me was the firmware the DI-V3 was shipped with (#4?) I just replaced it with the alternate firmware (black)from the package, see the Audio GD site to get the correct orientation. Voila no problem 192khz files and all !!! Sounds Great, I will inform Kingwah so that he can pass it on to customers.
The only thing that may disappoint some is the fact that now it is running it is in adaptive mode, But the SQ is excellent much better than the DI-V1. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #3,558 of 4,156
Thanks Ajwaldo,

The other firmware works ok for the SBT w/EDO, however it only works in adaptive mode.

Not sure how is the jitter compared with the async mode? and how good is it compared with the DI-DSP version?

Feb 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #3,560 of 4,156
i have problem with flac. i am using di-v3 to connect to ref-1 and yulong d18. can get sound of flac 16 bit/44.1 but once the file is 24/96 and 24/192, it is silent as dead.

wave of 16/44.1 , 24/96 and 24/192 is ok.  

any solution would be highly appreciated.

thank you.

remark: the problem happens when  i am using synology diskstation as source.
when i used notebook (win 7) with foobar 2000 as source, no problem at all. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #3,561 of 4,156
Quote:
Thanks Ajwaldo,

The other firmware works ok for the SBT w/EDO, however it only works in adaptive mode.

Not sure how is the jitter compared with the async mode? and how good is it compared with the DI-DSP version?

Well I wish I could compare it with the async mode of the #4 firmware, but the DAC would not read it, BTW on the SB Touch when I was trying to run the #4 firmware said it was running async and a signal of 48khz???? that maybe points to the issue.
As for the DI-DSP I do not have that version just the 1 and 3.
All I can say is that it is better than the DI-V1 and the V3 it is not burnt in yet.

Feb 17, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #3,562 of 4,156
Quote:
If I get ir right, the firmware #4 makes the DI-V3 run in asynch mode while the #5 doesn't?
So #4 should be better as asynch is theoritically better, right?

Theoretically yes but for me #4 doesn't provide a lockable signal, #5 (black?) does the business but in adaptive. I will email Audio-Gd to see if they can soon provide suitable firmware that will run async.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #3,564 of 4,156
Quote:
Quote:
It's a power indicator light.

But power from where?  The computers USB = bad.  Or the PSU = good

From either, when the unit is switched on. Same as any regular device. 
smile.gif

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #3,565 of 4,156
Quote:
I just received my DI-V3 w/PSU yesterday. It seems to be working great but I have a question. When I switch on the PSU the blue light comes on but the light on the DI doesn't light up until I plug the USB cord into my PC. Is the light on the DI a link light or a power on indication? Before anyone asks, yes, I have the cord connecting the two boxes. My concern is that the PSU isn't actually powering the DI but instead it is getting power from the mac's usb port.

I have tried the following experiment with my DI-V3 and DI-PSU:

Prerequisites: USB cable unplugged, DI-V3 connected to the DI-PSU only.
Experiment/result: When I switch the DI-PSU on, the blue light on the DI-V3 unit lights up. (Note that the USB cable is not connected.)

Hope this helps.

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #3,566 of 4,156
Thanks for the help. I figured I was being dense. The psu is working great.

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #3,567 of 4,156
i have problem with flac. i am using di-v3 to connect to ref-1 and yulong d18. can get sound of flac 16 bit/44.1 but once the file is 24/96 and 24/192, it is silent as dead.

wave of 16/44.1 , 24/96 and 24/192 is ok.  

any solution would be highly appreciated.

thank you.

remark: the problem happens when  i am using synology diskstation as source.
when i used notebook (win 7) with foobar 2000 as source, no problem at all. 

Are you using KS for playback?
If yes, try to apply this procedure (go down to Driver V1.22 Install guide):
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

ASIO4ALL + ASIO plugin for your media player should do the trick I suppose.

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #3,569 of 4,156
i guess it should be powered by DAC.
for example, Kingwa said that when DI-v3 is used with a PSU, it is completely powered from it.

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #3,570 of 4,156
Quote:

Are you using KS for playback?
If yes, try to apply this procedure (go down to Driver V1.22 Install guide):
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

ASIO4ALL + ASIO plugin for your media player should do the trick I suppose.

no, not using ks for playback, i am using synology(linux)  in which no need to install driver. thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back