Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jun 17, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #3,062 of 4,156
My Win7 works fine- I wonder if Foobar is part of the issue (I am using Media Center). I am fairly impressed with the DI so far, I was expecting anything from no improvement to almost none and am pleasantly surprised (over optical out from my sound card). I would suggest that Foobar users try the free Media Center version via direct sound or wave out as a test (I use it on my laptop with my NFB-16 and the 8022 driver).

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #3,063 of 4,156
Quote:
My Win7 works fine- I wonder if Foobar is part of the issue (I am using Media Center). I am fairly impressed with the DI so far, I was expecting anything from no improvement to almost none and am pleasantly surprised (over optical out from my sound card). I would suggest that Foobar users try the free Media Center version via direct sound or wave out as a test (I use it on my laptop with my NFB-16 and the 8022 driver).

Nope. I've gotten blue screens gaming, while using flash player, using MPC-HC with or without the ReClock plugin, and foobar. I guarantee if I tried media center I would get the same blue screens.

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #3,064 of 4,156
Quote:
Nope. I've gotten blue screens gaming, while using flash player, using MPC-HC with or without the ReClock plugin, and foobar. I guarantee if I tried media center I would get the same blue screens.

DI-DSP-S works fine for me with WIN7 64 and Foobar v1.1.11, either with WASAPI or KS. Improves a little comparing to the TE7022 USB of Audio GD NFB-10SE. Improves a lot relative to Musical Fidelity V Link 96 when connected to the AD1955 dac of my integrated amplifier. I have not yet tried upsampling.

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #3,065 of 4,156
Some cases we test and ever have the blue screen, if you have blue screen, maybe can help.
If the device have working, but lost the power supply will cause the blue screen.
So these state maybe cause blue screen :
1, The external power supply have bad connect , please check the AC power cable, or the DC power cable, we have send two DC power cable for who bought external PSU, exchange another DC power cable for connect.
2, The DI both version have around 500MA power supply, this is near the USB limit, if the computer active protect maybe cut the power output long or short moment. In this case, try to power supply by a proper universal DC power supply , and don't forget turn the power selector to "DC in" , and if from USB power turn to "DC IN", must stay at OFF state least 10 seconds.

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #3,066 of 4,156
My input:

1. Either with external power supply (battery) or usb power supply, I get blue screen. Cable contacts are perfect.

2. My computer power supply is Enermex Pro 82+ II 620W, which has lots of clean power and headroom. I'm directly connecting to back usb ports that can 100% deliver 500ma.

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #3,068 of 4,156
I've modded the PSU with supplied resistors to power my DI-DSP
the PSU now gets MUCH hotter. is it normal?

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #3,069 of 4,156
Quote:
I've modded the PSU with supplied resistors to power my DI-DSP
the PSU now gets MUCH hotter. is it normal?

My new version of the PSU gets alot hotter than the old version i had before. It is burning in with my DAC and it was getting very hot to the touch so i just threw a cpu heatsink on the top temporarily

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #3,070 of 4,156
Quote:

My new version of the PSU gets alot hotter than the old version i had before. It is burning in with my DAC and it was getting very hot to the touch so i just threw a cpu heatsink on the top temporarily

i thought that doubling it's power output should lead to this.
it's ok then. good.

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #3,071 of 4,156
We have do long time test.
I think don't need fan to help the heat follow.
Just leave it on top or without anythings cover on it is ok.
In fact we test at 30C room, it's temperature is not high if test by thermometer .

It is a class A PSU, so if the DI power off, it will get hotter. There is better turn the DI power selector always on "DC IN", let the PSU contol power ON or OFF.

We order 1360 pcs TE8802 from Tenor, had shiped around 600 pcs (built in gear or kit)  , we only get around 5 users feedback got blue screen.

We have send all case to Tenor wish they can find the issue.

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #3,072 of 4,156
Quote:
DI-DSP-S works fine for me with WIN7 64 and Foobar v1.1.11, either with WASAPI or KS. Improves a little comparing to the TE7022 USB of Audio GD NFB-10SE. Improves a lot relative to Musical Fidelity V Link 96 when connected to the AD1955 dac of my integrated amplifier. I have not yet tried upsampling.

And what chipset does your computer have? So far everyone that has the issue has AMD. I don't believe LosNir has stated what he's running though.

Quote:
Some cases we test and ever have the blue screen, if you have blue screen, maybe can help.
If the device have working, but lost the power supply will cause the blue screen.
So these state maybe cause blue screen :
1, The external power supply have bad connect , please check the AC power cable, or the DC power cable, we have send two DC power cable for who bought external PSU, exchange another DC power cable for connect.
2, The DI both version have around 500MA power supply, this is near the USB limit, if the computer active protect maybe cut the power output long or short moment. In this case, try to power supply by a proper universal DC power supply , and don't forget turn the power selector to "DC in" , and if from USB power turn to "DC IN", must stay at OFF state least 10 seconds.

1. All cables are solid.
2. I'm using a 7.4V 5200mAh Li-ion battery with plenty of current output.

I have gotten this issue on my desktop, but it does not occur on my laptop. So, these obviously couldn't be the reasons why it's happening. I suggest you try MPC-HC x86 + ReClock (configured for bit perfect WASAPI output) on W7 x64 with an AMD chipset and see if it happens. My friend Baird-Gow has the same 890GX chipset that I do, and I was able to cause his computer to blue screen before the DI output any sound by trying to play a video in that configuration. Should we submit something like a dxdiag that you can forward to tenor for troubleshooting?

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #3,073 of 4,156
I have the Intel Z68 - top of the line high end chipset for the LGA1155.

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #3,075 of 4,156
An update

[size=11.0pt]Playing music normally through DI-DSP with PSU[/size]

[size=11.0pt]I plug another device (a phone) into a separate USB hub on my computer[/size]

[size=11.0pt]Music stops[/size]

[size=11.0pt]Foobar gives error message “Unrecoverable playback error: Endpoint creation failed (0x8889000F)”[/size]

[size=11.0pt]I test this with DI V1 and it works 100% OK[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back