Audio-gd Digital Interface
Sep 15, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #676 of 4,156

Quote:
What is the reason for changing the setting.

I assume that if you change the NO-C setting to 1 the DI's upsampling will be bypassed so what ever you send it will make it through to the DAC.  If you set the NO-C to 0, the DI will upsample or resample what ever you send it to the appropriate settings based on the MMD0 and MMD1.  If the picture shows the 'default' setting then the upsampling feature of the DSP3 is being bypassed.

Sep 15, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #677 of 4,156
Perhaps I'm mistaken but the Audio-GD DI website page has this re the default setting: "[size=x-small]In default setting, its output is the original sampling". Would that not mean that the unit arrives set for no upsampling?[/size]

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #679 of 4,156
Nothing from Audio-gd upsamples by default. The only thing that did, the Reference 3, did so at the request of some Chinese customers from memory.

Sep 16, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #680 of 4,156
Did anyone try DI with USB3.0 jack?  

It seemed my Hiface can't work on my new desktop.... 

That really bothered me because I have too many USB devices..
confused_face.gif

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #682 of 4,156
I tried my DI in my main system first were it worked fine! (Win7- Foobar - WASAPI or KS - DI)

I then tried it in my second rig which still runs on XP and there i can't get KS to work.
It only works with DS? ( Win XP - Foobar - KS/DS - DI)

anybody else had problems with XP ?

Sep 18, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #683 of 4,156

Originally Posted by shadowlord /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I then tried it in my second rig which still runs on XP and there i can't get KS to work.

XP requires drivers for KS...but if you leave all the sliders maxed out, DS is bit-perfect on XP SP3.

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #685 of 4,156
Has anyone opened up the psu and have a peek inside to know what kind of psu it is? I've been thinking about building my own one, 75$ is a quite a lot, considering the class A thing I doubt that would make much difference compared to a non-class A one.

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #686 of 4,156

Quote:
Has anyone opened up the psu and have a peek inside to know what kind of psu it is? I've been thinking about building my own one, 75$ is a quite a lot, considering the class A thing I doubt that would make much difference compared to a non-class A one.

There was a paicture on audio-gd's website.

Sep 23, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #687 of 4,156
This might be a good choice for a power supply - Linear Regulated $11 bucks...edited to the correct walwart....another edit, I emailed Kingwa and he said the 9v 500ma suitable.

[size=100%] TRANS,WALL,REG LIN,9VDC/500mA
2.5mmX5.5mm,CTR POS,UL/CSA[/size]

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_1953647_-1

AudioGD says;
[size=x-small]It can be powered by USB (The USB must be able to provide 300MA power, standard USB can offer 500MA power) or powered by an external DC power supply (DC5V to 10V, we recommend DC7V/400MA,[/size]

Sep 24, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #688 of 4,156
I was wondering if I fed the audio from my Oppo DV-983H DVD player to the DI and then to the MHDT Havana DAC would it improve the sound? The Audio-GD website says that this method can improve audio coming from lower-end players and this makes me wonder if its worth the extra cost to get the coax input. The Havana only has single coax and optical inputs so I can't have two coax sources simultaneously. I've tried using a Dayton glass optical cable from the Oppo to the Havana and it wasn't bad but I'm wondering if anyone has tried connecting a DVD player via this method and were there any benefits?

Sep 24, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #689 of 4,156

Probably not, but you do get a PC interface that is better than onboard spdif's which are often not sample rate variable.  So basically not all is lost if you don't get a boost in performance(or worst a degrade in performance).
Quote:
I was wondering if I fed the audio from my Oppo DV-983H DVD player to the DI and then to the MHDT Havana DAC would it improve the sound? The Audio-GD website says that this method can improve audio coming from lower-end players and this makes me wonder if its worth the extra cost to get the coax input. The Havana only has single coax and optical inputs so I can't have two coax sources simultaneously. I've tried using a Dayton glass optical cable from the Oppo to the Havana and it wasn't bad but I'm wondering if anyone has tried connecting a DVD player via this method and were there any benefits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back