Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jul 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #166 of 4,156

Quote:
Is DI going to have real 75 ohm connector or the cheap one that may be fake 75 ohm?

So far it is the cheap one but once tests are complete he might swap it for something better.
Don't forget guys that this is the test version and that the final product might be different.

Jul 19, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #167 of 4,156
Oops my bad. Never thought audio-gd would actually put 50 ohm connectors on products for customers even if they are testing it. I hope they will send current testers the 75 ohm connectors later, if its even possible to put on.

Jul 19, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #168 of 4,156

Quote:
Oops my bad. Never thought audio-gd would actually put 50 ohm connectors on products for customers even if they are testing it. I hope they will send current testers the 75 ohm connectors later, if its even possible to put on.

Like I said no because the Canare ones don't fit on the chassis and he also chose those 50 ohms sockets because he thinks that they are the same as the ones on the hiface. He wants to do some comparaison tests between the  hiface and the DI and that's why he choose the testers who had the hiface unit.

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #170 of 4,156
HE (KINGWA) WANTS TO KNOW HOW GOOD THE DI (AUDIO-GD DIGITAL CONVERTER) SOUNDS COMPARED TO THE HIFACE.
HE PICKED UP THE TESTERS WHO OWNS A HIFACE AND THAT CAN COMPARE BOTH UNITS TO SEE WHICH PERFORMS BETTER.
HE WANTS THE TESTERS TO REPORT THEIR FINDINGS IN THIS FORUM WHETHER THE DI OUTPERFORMS THE HIFACE OR NOT.
THAT MEANS HE WANTS TO SEE REVIEWS OF THE DI POSTED HERE EVEN IF THEY ARE NEGATIVE.

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #173 of 4,156

(KINGWA) WANTS TO KNOW HOW GOOD THE DI (AUDIO-GD DIGITAL CONVERTER) SOUNDS COMPARED TO THE HIFACE.

AND HE EXPECTS THE TESTERS TO PAY THE FULL SHIPPING COSTS TO MAINLAND CHINA BOTH ENDS, THAT'S WHAT I CALL DEDICATION...ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANNA TRY THE DPS 
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #175 of 4,156
Well I don't know for sure but I think that he is using the hiface as the reference and he wants to know what people think of the DI compared to the hiface. Maybe some testers might not have the hiface but they are using some other device to compare. The hiface is the most performant and popular device for 100-200 USD price range IMO and I understand why he uses it as a point of reference.
If people are disatsified with the DI or if he thinks that it is not popular enough, he will abandon it just like he did with the Audio-GD Panther power amp.

Anyhow, I'm not stating facts so I can't be sure at 100% but if that's what you're looking for I suggest that you ask the man himself. What I'm stating here is my understanding based on emails I exchanged with Kingwa.

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #177 of 4,156
Oh ok so you're saying that you are one of the testers and that you don't have the hiface?
If so, will you compare it with another type of device?

Just so you know, I didn't pull this info out of my imagination. It is based from what he told me.

Peace!

Jul 19, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #178 of 4,156
I do have a BNC hiface, so will use that as my baseline to the my DAC3SE.  I think the dac has clocked around 200+ hrs now, so the sound should be pretty settled in.. would love to clock another 200+ hrs but as a beta tester for DI, i'll make this a point when doing my review in a couple of weeks time.

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #179 of 4,156

Quote:
[..]
If so, will you compare it with another type of device?
[..]

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]If and when I get it I will compare with EA Off-Ramp and Musiland Monitor 01USD. The 01USD has a Vampire BNC fitted and uses a linear PS. The Musiland is amazing for the price while the Off-Ramp is an amazing price, IMO. Currently, I run a cMP2 box (fully optimised with linear PS) > Musiland > Custom made DAC (based on AD1955 chip + ZAPfilter analogue stage) > Burson Buffer > Supratek Sauvignon > Blue Circle BC26 > Thiel CS3.6. I am not a "can man" but I have just purchased (but not yet received) a DAC-19DSP + C-2. Perhaps I should have purchased a Reference 1 or Reference 7 rather than the DAC-19 but the thing is a few weeks ago I had never heard of Audio-gd. Hopefully, the DAC-19 will give me a taste for what the excitement has been about.[/size][/size][/size]
[size=10pt][size=10pt] [/size][/size]
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]I think Kingwa can be pleased with all the chat the DSP-3 "testing process" is generating. People are speculating and talking about it. I think that's OK so long as we don't get carried away. I hope the DSP-3 is good (I will be getting it with the PS). For that matter, I hope both John Kenny's modified hiface and the upcoming evo are good too. The more products of quality that come to market, the better. It means Kingwa et al will have to lift their game and keep prices down.[/size][/size][/size]

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #180 of 4,156
Hi guys,

I am one of the testers.
Kingwa told me he is trying to put real 75ohm BNC sockets on the converter.
The manufacturer has declared that the sockets Kingwa uses are 75ohm but he does not think so.
The same are on hi-face so they should be also not true 75ohm sockets!!!
The interfaces will be shipped at the end of this month, he says.

I think that the reference here is hi-face but KINGWA would never send the units out to test when,
they would not be shore in the quality of their product. I read a lot of hi-face reviews and its not a perfect
solution. For me the major factor is if the sound after it becomes more natural, easy flowing as analogue sources sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back