Audio-gd Digital Interface
Aug 21, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #3,256 of 4,156
Quote:
Great. It looks like they are just abandoning support for their product. Kingwa told me they are not going to fix the problems with the drivers. Is there really nobody else having issues? I can't believe that I can't use it after waiting three months for new drivers.

Format C: 

Sometimes a clean install can help . But i understand your anger about a product not working as it should . 

Being a former NFB-17.2 (with TE8802) Chips i had chance to have it working  from the start , just a strange drop out (the unite vanished from computer time to time , very randomly like 1-3 days ) , and solved by uninstalling / reinstalling driver and cleaning registry . 

Aug 21, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #3,258 of 4,156
Quote:
I've already clean reinstalled Windows and it did not fix a thing.

frown.gif
 , hum sorry to hear that , tryed on another computer ? Anyway hope that something will be find out , if not  , well buy something else there is others digital transports out there .. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #3,260 of 4,156
Not sure what kingwa can do extra here... I'd just recommend everyone getting a used mac mini as music server and be done with it lol :). Haven't installed the latest and greatest driver but the original one works flawlessly from day 1 using osx lion (and more recently mountain lion).

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #3,261 of 4,156
Quote:
Not sure what kingwa can do extra here... I'd just recommend everyone getting a used mac mini as music server and be done with it lol
smily_headphones1.gif
. Haven't installed the latest and greatest driver but the original one works flawlessly from day 1 using osx lion (and more recently mountain lion).

I've looked and could not find a link to the OLD drivers... Maybe I looked over it?

Do you have a link to the old drivers ? Anyone ?

Thanks

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #3,262 of 4,156
Quote:
Not sure what kingwa can do extra here... I'd just recommend everyone getting a used mac mini as music server and be done with it lol
smily_headphones1.gif
. Haven't installed the latest and greatest driver but the original one works flawlessly from day 1 using osx lion (and more recently mountain lion).

I use my system for a lot more than just music. That would completely defeat the flexibility (and point of) the DI. I'm very reluctantly admitting defeat (this must be the only device on the market with such issues...) and ordered a Musical Fidelity V-Link 192 as a replacement.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #3,263 of 4,156
I had a weird issue with the new drivers not working on one of my Macs when I installed it. Prior to that the system had thrown up an error regarding the driving saying it wouldn't work. I had to uninstall it before re-installing it for it to work. I'd hate to think of the possible issues with Windows where the range of hardware and software combinations is effectively infinite.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #3,264 of 4,156
I decided to leave the original software in place with my DI (Win 7 64bit) as it works without issue and if it ain't broke.....on the other hand my NFB16 with my Vista 32bit laptop is still buggy with the new driver but improved for sure. I will try a reinstall.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:10 AM Post #3,265 of 4,156
Hello, yes, you're not alone. I bought DI V2 with txco about 2 weeks ago and I can not use it. Opened, playing foobar through di v2 causes 100% heavy load of my 2 core intel laptop processor (win7x64) and I can not do anything else. Of course that 100% load causes that music or any other sound interrupts and thats it. Seems like driver support Win7 pretty badly. On dell with With Win XP is OK.

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #3,266 of 4,156
i don't want to sound rude, but, guys, to me your problems sound to be originating from motherboard USB or something.
the only cases when my DI-DSP gives BSODS is sometimes when it is unplugged from my PC.

i've used it on my both home PC's (i3-2100 and E5200) in winXP/32, win7/32, win7/64, win8CP and didn't have a single problem (aside from the usual Audio-gd trouble with soundstage moving to a side, requiring to reboot the DI in order to fix it).
talking about the latency - yes, it is high.
but in my case it only causes troubles when playing Battlefield3 - i get lower FPS, but it's still playable.

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #3,267 of 4,156
The tweak I posted was not really successful afterall.. The instability of having Audirvana+ not operating correctly was probably driving me nuts.. It was the slight noise I heard that got me abandoned the y-cable trial too.. The strange behaviour from Audirvana+ also got me wonder if the new driver was the culprit.. But my slow Macbook could also be the weak link that stutters the system..

although all is still playable, I gave it a try of running my whole setup over to the other room with Win7 64bit foobar2k.. Installation and everything with the previous driver was a breeze.. Set on using WASAPI as the sound was less congested.. ASIO is also setting the output to a fixed sample rate which is too troublesome for me to keep changing.. other than that, playing music is fine without CPU peaks..

however, I realised 24bit for both 88.2khz and 176.4khz are not supported by DI, as they are not listed under audio properties? playing 176.4khz contents at 24bit periodically has a "click" noise.. outputting at 16bit has no such problem.. playing other sample rates at 24bits reported no such problem too.. I am not sure is this then a driver issue?

and yes, again, plugging through a powered USB made a better difference too...

UPDATE: although no CPU peaks, latency was unsually high on 96khz contents yet with possible instant scrubbings.. latency was at acceptable yellow level for 176.4khz and 192khz contents but static comes immediately upon scrubbing... weird weird weird...

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #3,268 of 4,156
Quote:
i don't want to sound rude, but, guys, to me your problems sound to be originating from motherboard USB or something.
the only cases when my DI-DSP gives BSODS is sometimes when it is unplugged from my PC.

i've used it on my both home PC's (i3-2100 and E5200) in winXP/32, win7/32, win7/64, win8CP and didn't have a single problem (aside from the usual Audio-gd trouble with soundstage moving to a side, requiring to reboot the DI in order to fix it).
talking about the latency - yes, it is high.
but in my case it only causes troubles when playing Battlefield3 - i get lower FPS, but it's still playable.

I have tried my motherboard USB ports, ports off of an NEC USB 3 chip, and off of another NEC USB 2 PCI add in card... it has nothing to do with the USB ports. It might have something to do with the motherboard, but I still cannot imagine why this is the only device of its kind with these issues. The latency is fine on my desktop (which BSODs) but is completely game-breaking on my laptop (which works) since it causes movies to skip, severe frame rate drop in games, etc..

Aug 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #3,269 of 4,156
Quote:
I have tried my motherboard USB ports, ports off of an NEC USB 3 chip, and off of another NEC USB 2 PCI add in card... it has nothing to do with the USB ports. It might have something to do with the motherboard, but I still cannot imagine why this is the only device of its kind with these issues. The latency is fine on my desktop (which BSODs) but is completely game-breaking on my laptop (which works) since it causes movies to skip, severe frame rate drop in games, etc..

Hi, somestranger26, may be you could post your BSOD screen caputre here and we could take a look of that. It might tell us what your problem is.

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #3,270 of 4,156
Quote:
Hi, somestranger26, may be you could post your BSOD screen caputre here and we could take a look of that. It might tell us what your problem is.

Hah. I highly doubt it will ever be fixed based on my communication with Kingwa. I get BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER (0x000000FE), MULTIPLE_IRP_REQUESTS (0x00000044), and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0000000A) as well as static sometimes while pausing, garbage while seeking files, etc. The driver is fundamentally flawed to cause these issues and it is appalling to me how they are sweeping the issue under the rug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back