Audio-gd DAC 3SE - Arrival!
Dec 5, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #124 of 207
Am waiting for my DAC3DV to arrive (don't want to spend money on Ref1). But judging from the demo unit, DAC3DV is a satisfying upgrade from DAC19MK3.

Dec 9, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #125 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by Choochoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am waiting for my DAC3DV to arrive (don't want to spend money on Ref1). But judging from the demo unit, DAC3DV is a satisfying upgrade from DAC19MK3.

I'am the so happy owner of this dac, and it plays fantastic. I bought it used from
bastet on this forum and it have played every since i received it...

It needs a lot of burnin time i have over 400 hours now and i think it needs mayby
100-200 more but it's worth the wait.

It have improved a lot over the burnin time , and it's so musical and analog , and i'am
totally on vinyl normally..

/Michael

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #127 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if it is still possible to order this with the PMD100 ?

Let us know. My understanding is that chip is pretty much impossible to find. Other than counterfeits of course...

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #128 of 207
Yes he has the PMD100's. You can't counterfeit a PMD100 without investing a few million dollars, simple economics as there is no payback. He is using NOS or pullouts.

Anyone know the transit time to the USA ?

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #129 of 207
Quote:

Yes he has the PMD100's. You can't counterfeit a PMD100 without investing a few million dollars, simple economics as there is no payback. He is using NOS or pullouts.

Anyone know the transit time to the USA ?

Shoot some PIX when you get it and let us know how it sounds.

Jan 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #131 of 207
Quote:

20 days since ordering I know its the holidays but should I be concerned? I received my 19mk3 in like 4 days.

What does the tracking page say?

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #134 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shoot some PIX when you get it and let us know how it sounds.

Initial impression with zero burn in is it is a little polite compared to the 19mk3. I think my little amp doesn't have the power to bring it to life (Soha II). I'm building a Stacker II and will wait till that is complete before giving my final impressions.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #135 of 207
Quote:

Initial impression with zero burn in is it is a little polite compared to the 19mk3. I think my little amp doesn't have the power to bring it to life (Soha II). I'm building a Stacker II and will wait till that is complete before giving my final impressions.

I'm not a "huge" proponent/believer in Burn In changes. That being said, there are various proofs it does take place. Proofs with oscilloscope traces. I noticed my REF1 sounded a lot more detailed and exhibited more impact after about 170 hrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back