Audinst AMP-HP: impressions and reviews
Jun 16, 2011 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

500+ Head-Fier
You might know Audinst for their HUD-MX1, a good-sounding and affordable DAC/amp. Well, they've recently announced the AMP-HP, a portable headphone amp. It's going to be released on June 17.
http://audinst.com/en/bbs/board.php?bo_table=AMPhp&wr_id=5

Jun 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 74
I will be getting one very soon and will have a review up after testing it out a little while.

Jun 17, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 74
...and it's released. Just search 'audinst' on eBay:
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=audinst&_sacat=See-All-Categories
The price is fairly reasonable, although closer to the MX1's price than I expected. Perhaps I should buy one.

Jun 17, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 74
i would think the barrel detail on the aluminum body would make it difficult to stack it together with another device.
just sayin'...

Jun 17, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #7 of 74
I really hope so, I love my STUDIO-V as an amp and a source, but I want a little more juice.

Jun 18, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #10 of 74

Quote:
Looks like Mike from Headfonia's going to get his hands on an AMP-HP. As an MX1 owner, my expectations are as good as his.

I agree. The mx1 sort of set the standard in that price class and still holds up very well. So I expect good things from their new amp. I know they have been working on it, or at least in the planning stages, ever since the mx1 first came out.

Jun 20, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #11 of 74

Quote:
I agree. The mx1 sort of set the standard in that price class and still holds up very well. 

Indeed ! I couldn't have said better  
redface.gif

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #13 of 74
Guess what arrived in the mail yesterday? The folks at Audinst ship very quickly.

It's very nicely built and very small, being just a tiny bit larger than my TCG T-Box (which is very small!). Package is well done just like the HUD-mx1 was. I love the layout with the input in the rear and the headphone jack on front - it makes things cleaner in my opinion. 

The sound? Seems quite good but it is way to early to judge. I guess the only meaningful comment I could make this early is that it isn't an utter disappointment or anything of that sort. That would be obvious even with the limited listening time I've had. But I'll be spending time with it over the next few weeks to really figure it out.

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #14 of 74

Quote:
Guess what arrived in the mail yesterday? The folks at Audinst ship very quickly.

It's very nicely built and very small, being just a tiny bit larger than my TCG T-Box (which is very small!). Package is well done just like the HUD-mx1 was. I love the layout with the input in the rear and the headphone jack on front - it makes things cleaner in my opinion. 

The sound? Seems quite good but it is way to early to judge. I guess the only meaningful comment I could make this early is that it isn't an utter disappointment or anything of that sort. That would be obvious even with the limited listening time I've had. But I'll be spending time with it over the next few weeks to really figure it out.

You lucky b....... 
wink.gif

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #15 of 74
Take a picture of it hooked up with your source! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back