Audinst AMP-HP: impressions and reviews
Jul 1, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #32 of 74
I'll just use this as the AMP-HP thread. Someone should change the name to something like "Audinst AMP-HP: Impressions & Reviews"

Jul 1, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #33 of 74
Going to use my TTVJ Slim for a week still, I'll let this burn in for a few days while I am gone.

Jul 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #35 of 74
Looking forward to hearing some impressions.  Their MX-1 seemed to be universally well received, hopefully this sucker sounds good too.  Though not a huge fan of the "hump" design.

Jul 3, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #37 of 74
Back home! Tested my TTVJ for a few days. Will be uploading some pics of the AMP-HP in about 30 mins. Stay tuned!

Jul 3, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #38 of 74
New pics!

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #41 of 74
Alright, here is the thing, I go to insert any headphone jack and it makes a loud banging noise and takes a fair amount strength to insert, same with taking it out. I'm going to email Audinst to see if that's defective.

Jul 4, 2011 at 9:53 AM Post #42 of 74

Quote:
Alright, here is the thing, I go to insert any headphone jack and it makes a loud banging noise and takes a fair amount strength to insert, same with taking it out. I'm going to email Audinst to see if that's defective.

The jacks on mine are a little snug as well, with the "input" being a more tight than the headphone. Some things I plug in do fine but others require some effort. I've had that happen before and it usually loosens up a little over time.

Jul 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #43 of 74

Quote:
The jacks on mine are a little snug as well, with the "input" being a more tight than the headphone. Some things I plug in do fine but others require some effort. I've had that happen before and it usually loosens up a little over time.

Alright, they said it's not defective and it should loosen up.

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #44 of 74
Can't wait for the reviews. I love my MX1 and I need to know what the AMP-HP sounds like!!!!!
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #45 of 74
I apologise for posting all the tantalizing pictures but not saying anything about the sound... I've just been so busy with other stuff lately. But I finally used the AMP-HP for a few days, paired with a QLS QA350 player and powering the Unique Melody Merlin. So far it seems to have a similar personality as its HUD-mx1 sibling: fairly transparent and neutral, no major colorations or flavors added to the sound, and quite good for the price. The main thing that stuck out to me so far has been the clarity. It is very detailed, without being overly analytical or thin. 

I hesitate to state any strong conclusion after so little use.... but if it continues to perform this way with various headphones, then this is going to be one of the strongest options around in the sub $200 category.  More to come as I get more time with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back