• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Oct 7, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #7,021 of 7,693
Am I the only one that finds Mobius uncomfortable? They are rather heavy, but the main problem is they are too tight. I cannot use them more than 30 minutes before my head hurts. Compared to my other headphones (the only, right now) - BOSE QC35, it's completely different experience.

And I still don't have response from support (3 weeks passed) about the issues I have (hiss and turning off permanently 3d). Kinda disappointed, was hoping for great experience from Audeze.

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:02 AM Post #7,022 of 7,693
Am I the only one that finds Mobius uncomfortable? They are rather heavy, but the main problem is they are too tight. I cannot use them more than 30 minutes before my head hurts. Compared to my other headphones (the only, right now) - BOSE QC35, it's completely different experience.

And I still don't have response from support (3 weeks passed) about the issues I have (hiss and turning off permanently 3d). Kinda disappointed, was hoping for great experience from Audeze.
I had this clamp problem initially too. Stretch the headband a bit, but not too much! It's easier to get less clamp than more.

Oct 7, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #7,023 of 7,693

You aren't the only ones. The first day I used Mobius I got a headache from the pressure. After a few days I got somewhat used to it, but its still slightly uncomfortable. I'm hoping that there is an aftermarket solution someone comes up with to swap out the pads for something wider and softer

Oct 7, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #7,025 of 7,693
Obviouslz it does not work, neither Aux nor Bluetooth.

@KMann posted a good explanation of how the auto off works and in what circumstances.

Basically, the only time it will auto off is if there is no connection. With USB it won't but doesn't matter because its charging (except on a turned off computer where it will just run out battery). BT and Aux ut will just drain too.

So if you want auto off, disconnect bluetooth, unplug 3.5mm, unplug USB.

Sorry for the bad news. If you fall asleep with one of these connections your battery will drain out. Probably not completely, since battery life is great, but I wouldn't expect a full day of charge the next day.

Oct 7, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #7,027 of 7,693
You aren't the only ones. The first day I used Mobius I got a headache from the pressure. After a few days I got somewhat used to it, but its still slightly uncomfortable. I'm hoping that there is an aftermarket solution someone comes up with to swap out the pads for something wider and softer

I tried to do a little comparison of a few different pads here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-impressions.887808/page-99#post-14523300

Tldr you can wrap most pads around the cups just fine(i.e. mrspeakers alpha pads, brainwavz pads). I've got a pair of dekoni elite velour m50x pads on the way as well. Pads with more surface area definately help alleviate some of the clamp.

Oct 7, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #7,028 of 7,693
This doesn't look healthy to the headphones ... damn. Why so many issues from such a reputable audio equipment maker? If they can't fix the hiss, that's worrying. I guess they won't be replacing them all.

Oct 7, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #7,029 of 7,693
At CANJAM today I overheard the Audeze folks talking about a firmware update that will include a new warm EQ setting. When I asked they said they couldn't give any more info yet. Did anyone else hear any talk of this update?

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #7,030 of 7,693
At CANJAM today I overheard the Audeze folks talking about a firmware update that will include a new warm EQ setting. When I asked they said they couldn't give any more info yet. Did anyone else hear any talk of this update?

The update is already available I believe, I'd contact Audeze support.

Oct 8, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #7,031 of 7,693
Man I really hate to post something which is not headphone, sound or music related, but honestly I'm quite disappointed on how Audeze is dealing with the Mobius pre-orders (Indiegogo).

I received the SFC mail that confirm the shipment with the tracking code, on the 9th of September. After 1 month the last tracking update still just shows "departed from SFC warehouse", China.
Okay, I know some shipping from china/middle-east can take a really long time, but I've never seen such a delay and by this time the tracking should already be showing the package has arrived to Italy. I would be not surprised to see the package being stuck in customs even for weeks, but honestly I'm quite worried/pissed off.

I don't care about customs or if its lost... I just know that Audeze cheaped out really huge on the shipping, they could have just chose a better courier, with a damn decent tracking service, and not this bull-s**t SFC "chino" courier, that no one has never heard about. Already contacted Audeze shipping support yesterday, but no answers yet.

Now, I also read from the last pages of the post that people who didn't' pre order already have their Mobius, and that the headphones are available in regular stores... It's not a problem for me to wait, but this is really a huge disappointment. I didn't expected at all to receive the Mobius in July, but now we're in October and still nothing for me.

HOPE AUDEZE READS THIS AND GETS THEIR STUFF TOGETHER

Oct 8, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #7,032 of 7,693
Would connecting them to LG C7 TV via bluetooth be a valid option ? I'm looking into watching my TV with wireless headphones and I'm pretty lost.

Oct 8, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #7,034 of 7,693
Oct 8, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #7,035 of 7,693

Users who are viewing this thread

Back