• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Oct 8, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #7,037 of 7,693
My TV has Bluetooth but this device looks great. Will be abe to get 7.1 out of this device via Bluetooth or Dolby atmos ?

Only 2.0 over bluetooth, butyou can still do 3d, which will be likevirtual stereo loudspeakers. If you're using an xbox that has dolby atmos for headphones you can send that signal over bluetooth which will give you virtual surround sound

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #7,038 of 7,693
Only 2.0 over bluetooth, butyou can still do 3d, which will be likevirtual stereo loudspeakers. If you're using an xbox that has dolby atmos for headphones you can send that signal over bluetooth which will give you virtual surround sound

nice, I'm actually planning on using the Mobius with XBOX but I'm not sure how it'll perform, or what the setup will be like, if you tried it with XBOX I'd love to hear about your setup and the results, thanks man.

Oct 8, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #7,040 of 7,693
nice, I'm actually planning on using the Mobius with XBOX but I'm not sure how it'll perform, or what the setup will be like, if you tried it with XBOX I'd love to hear about your setup and the results, thanks man.

Sorry, I don't have an xbox.

Oct 8, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #7,041 of 7,693
Getting mine tomorrow but won't have time to play till Wednesday. This is how my potential setup will run. I'm sure there are similar setups but mine will be overly sophisticated I imagine. Lol. So I am using an astro a50 mixamp utilizing Dolby bit stream. (Because I don't like wiring to a controller) Will have to change settings via mix amp and mobius till I get it perfect. Now keep in mind I have yet to see how awesome my unit will be or have issues like i have seen other fellows post. (Fingers crossed) I will update once I get it working and post my review. Best of luck!

Oct 8, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #7,043 of 7,693
Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #7,045 of 7,693
I just grasped the headband with both hands, stretched it out a bit, tried it on. Rinse and repeat. I think Audeze even says somewhere that the headband is designed to be stretchy.

Well, I tried that. Stretched them a bit too much, thankfully nothing broke :) Left them like this overnight. Happy to report that it's much better, indeed. Let's hope they don't get back their original form :)

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #7,047 of 7,693
So. After waiting months for these things, I should have expected a mixed experience. I find that they will only work when plugged into USB 3 ports. Was not aware of this. A couple PCs I have plugged them into do not register them at all, possibly due to not having USB 3, or due to being older with many devices installed and the registry not being in the best of shape. The PC I just built, with almost nothing installed on it, hardware, software, or otherwise, detects them, but only thru specific ports, all USB3. I find the included USB3 to C cable to be impractibly short, but they do not detect through a USB3 hub, with the proper USB3 cable to the PC.
The audio is good. Not what I was expecting, I think, but it has clarity that I have never experienced in a gaming headset. It is Loud... which seems to be surprisingly annoying in the limited game testing I have done. I was hoping for distinctness in games, as I am heavily dependant on sound for my edge in shooters. The shear volume seems to counter the clarity, and I do not feel that my spatial and directional awareness has improved. Games sound Amazing, but the details and cues I look for to locate an enemy seem to get lost. I need to install more games and spend the time necessary to allow my ears and brain to become accustomed to these drivers and software. Perhaps the experience will change. Not surprisingly, when I go to my PC which has been my main gaming rig, with the Logitech G933 Headset, I am again faced with how unspectacular the audio is, and how much better I perform in COD MW2.
The mic is fairly disappointing. if you turn the volume down, the sidetone is acceptable, but I find the game needs more volume. Predictably, due to sidetone, any large movement leads to touching my shirt and assaulting my ears with friction sounds. I also find positioning the mic requires going out of my way to run a chat app with mic testing enabled, just to find the magical spot where they work properly. No more laying the headphones on the desk, or the mic gets moved.
I am disappointed, because I really want to love these headphones, but it feels like I have to make a lot of compromises just to use them, and it definitely reduces the joy I was anticipating. It's almost like the older import sports cars, idiosyncratic to the point of madness, but the small circle of enthusiasts tolerate the oddities and faults, and even defend them. These do not come off as Gaming headphones. They come off as a niche, expensive set of cans that someone who overspends on audio and has a separate set for their various moods would own.

I feel bad having said all this, and don't get any satisfaction from it. I am very open to suggestions to improve the experience, particularly with regards to an appropriately LONG USB3 to C cable to purchase for them, as well as a hub that I could get them to work with nicely.

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #7,048 of 7,693
Mine are finally arriving today! (ordered August 8) Yay. I see a bunch on Ebay now.

Oct 9, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #7,050 of 7,693
Having issues with bluetooth playing overwatch on windows 10. Anybody have the same problem?

Sound works for a while then I can't hear anything. I tried disabling the dolby surround sound on OW and also making Mobius the default audio. Neither works.

It only works when using USB, and even then when I enter the game or enter a new voice chat (ie. changing from group to team chat) the sound goes back to 0, so I have to manually increase the volume up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back