• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 23, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #6,826 of 7,693
@CT007 Have used the plain stereo for a bit and found it to be as good as the AT's but the 3D with HT is so much better. I can only imagine how good the experience would be in a game with really well sorted sound like Destiny etc. I play Tarkov mostly. Have only got LCD X's to compare to, and those are driven by a Naim DAC V1 so it is quite hard to compare on a level playing field. I imagine the HD800 have an immensely wide sound that would be difficult to match.
Wow, that's quite a DAC. :] Can you tell me the settings you are using that you find best, then?

Hm.. So you're saying the Mobius soundstage is not immense, correct? But it provides amazing pin-pointing detail? I do agree that AT imaging is technically inferior to other models, for sure, though overall they are quite good & enjoyable. Hard to beat.

Sep 23, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #6,827 of 7,693
@CT007 7.1 with headtracking, manual, 45 Room Ambience, mostly on default but I will be trying other profiles.
The LCDs are run direct, Wasapi, 24 bit 48kh and above files.
From what I know of the HD800 they have a really wide sound stage and I can't imagine the Mobius would be as wide as those, bur to me the Mobius gives a very "realistic" representation. The sounds are impactful where appropriate but everything else retains it's detail. The centering works very well and does not need to be recentered often, would just do that every couple of hours more or less just because I can lol

Sep 23, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #6,828 of 7,693
@Rabso Thanks mate. It's just so frustrating having these headphones and not being able to Mosin anybody!!! I am running the Mobius with a 3m USB 3.1 C to C cable and it works well. And yes I have a pair with no hiss what so ever, my music listening phones are LCD X's and it is quite startling how much hiss and background noise I hear on older recordings with those.Really hope you enjoy your Mobius, and the Tarkov sound will only get better with each update.
Lets try not to shoot each other ingame, oh wait it's Tarkoc, shoot everyone!!
Man every game at least one Mosin to meet :)
and when ever you are killed by VSS, that's maybe me :wink:

@Audeze Do you have an alternative contact number so I can speak to SFC? My wife tried the one on the site but couldn't get through to an operator.
Can't understand how these have taken so long from Shenzhen to Shanghai while International deliveries have been done for days.
Not your fault, nor your responsibility - just hoping we can actually talk to someone at SFC to find out what's going on.
(tracking info has not changed since first announcement of leaving SZ)
I have the same issue, mine "Arrive SFC warehouse in processing" since 18th, @Audeze please we need your feedback

Sep 23, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #6,829 of 7,693
The centering works very well and does not need to be recentered often, would just do that every couple of hours more or less just because I can lol

I think the people who had the "sliding" head tracking didn't realize they were on 3d auto, I haven't had any problems with 3d manual.

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #6,830 of 7,693
I think the people who had the "sliding" head tracking didn't realize they were on 3d auto, I haven't had any problems with 3d manual.

I have experienced the drift in 3d manual a few times. It felt more like the way someone earlier in the thread described in that it was more of a longer delayed 3d auto. In my case I have my computer to my right and my tv to the left of my computer. I will center the audio on my computer but spend a lot of time looking left. The few times drift happened the audio went to the left where I was looking. It hasn't been terribly bothersome and I do need to spend more time with it but it does happen.

Sep 23, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #6,831 of 7,693
@Audeze Do you have an alternative contact number so I can speak to SFC? My wife tried the one on the site but couldn't get through to an operator.
Can't understand how these have taken so long from Shenzhen to Shanghai while International deliveries have been done for days.
Not your fault, nor your responsibility - just hoping we can actually talk to someone at SFC to find out what's going on.
(tracking info has not changed since first announcement of leaving SZ)
For whatever reason, shipments to China and HK took the longest because of paperwork. If you send us an email, we can help track it down. It looks like it is a long weekend in China, so it might not be easy to get through this weekend

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 23, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #6,832 of 7,693
I already knew BT doesn't support this, but are you saying even 2.4GHz with a dedicate transmitter would have caused too much latency for 7.1 /w HT?
There are no chips currently in production that support 7.1 or even 5.1 over 2.4 Ghz. So, getting 5.1 wirelessly is an issue. Even with current 2.4 Ghz solutions, the time it takes to send the Head-tracking info back to the host to get them processed and back again will have significant lag. It would also mean special drivers to HW base station that can receive and transmit from the headphone. i.e. Full Duplex. Then additionally voice has to be sent back as well. This would mean we need a minimum 4 or 5 channel 2.4 Ghz system. We don't know any that is currently available that also has a good enough DSP to support all the processing. In theory, this could be built with multiple chips etc.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Sep 24, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #6,833 of 7,693
@CT007 7.1 with headtracking, manual, 45 Room Ambience, mostly on default but I will be trying other profiles.
The LCDs are run direct, Wasapi, 24 bit 48kh and above files.
From what I know of the HD800 they have a really wide sound stage and I can't imagine the Mobius would be as wide as those, bur to me the Mobius gives a very "realistic" representation. The sounds are impactful where appropriate but everything else retains it's detail. The centering works very well and does not need to be recentered often, would just do that every couple of hours more or less just because I can lol
I have the Sennheiser HD-800 and I can rest asure you that Mobius easily beats them by a big margin in soundstage if you use the 3-D mode.
I have never heard any other headphones that does comparably realistic project sound sources out of your head.
Not even my Stax SR-Sigma comes close, wich is better in this regard then the HD-800.
I have two other systems that try to do what Mobius does, but instead they only do strange coloration of the sound without giving the benefit of out of head localization of sound.
By no means, Mobius is the king in this regard.

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #6,834 of 7,693

The drift is real. Other than the drift I love these headphones. If you are using more than one monitor (myself, three) you see it ever more apparent. It can go either way. All my monitors are the same model. 23" ips hp monitors. My middle monitor is for gaming. my right houses my browser. which in turn is twitch and youtube and however many other tabs I choose to have open. The far left is for my launcher. epic, steam, origin, blizzard. If I look left or right at a specific monitor it will realign itself. It could be as long as 30 seconds but it does happen. Yes my headset is on manual. I know the in's and outs of these headphones at this point. I am not angry, mad or upset. I love these cans but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #6,835 of 7,693
The drift is real. Other than the drift I love these headphones. If you are using more than one monitor (myself, three) you see it ever more apparent. It can go either way. All my monitors are the same model. 23" ips hp monitors. My middle monitor is for gaming. my right houses my browser. which in turn is twitch and youtube and however many other tabs I choose to have open. The far left is for my launcher. epic, steam, origin, blizzard. If I look left or right at a specific monitor it will realign itself. It could be as long as 30 seconds but it does happen. Yes my headset is on manual. I know the in's and outs of these headphones at this point. I am not angry, mad or upset. I love these cans but it is what it is.

Gotcha, I don't remember if you originally said on you were on manual but I do remember you mentioning the multi monitors. I haven't experienced that on manual, and I've tried to replicate it, even walking around the house with it on manual it still holds its original position.

Speaking of which, how cool would it be if you could lock distance to the location as well, no clue what other meters/sensors you would need to accomplish that though xD

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #6,836 of 7,693
I have the Sennheiser HD-800 and I can rest asure you that Mobius easily beats them by a big margin in soundstage if you use the 3-D mode.
I have never heard any other headphones that does comparably realistic project sound sources out of your head.
Not even my Stax SR-Sigma comes close, wich is better in this regard then the HD-800.
I have two other systems that try to do what Mobius does, but instead they only do strange coloration of the sound without giving the benefit of out of head localization of sound.
By no means, Mobius is the king in this regard.
Well, well. I am demanding to be impressed when I finally get mine, then! ;p stomps

Which games have you been testing/comparing them in?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #6,837 of 7,693
I just found out that discord will not work with 7.1ch, I can't hear anyone in calls nor can they hear me. I have to switch to 2ch or hi-res 2ch for discord to work. My input and output are working fine. Is this a bug or a "feature"?

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #6,838 of 7,693
I just found out that discord will not work with 7.1ch, I can't hear anyone in calls nor can they hear me. I have to switch to 2ch or hi-res 2ch for discord to work. My input and output are working fine. Is this a bug or a "feature"?

That's not correct, I use Discord in 7.1ch and have received feedback my mic works just fine. Make sure your devices on both Windows and Discord are set properly and that your settings follow this guide:

https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...e-your-microphone-for-use-with-VoIP-utilities

The mobius will show up as multiple devices on Windows, make sure you have the correct one selected both for playback and recording.

Also, the selected device may change if you cycle the channel setting because a new device gets listed each time you do so.

When all else fails, try replugging and rebooting.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #6,839 of 7,693
That's not correct, I use Discord in 7.1ch and have received feedback my mic works just fine. Make sure your devices on both Windows and Discord are set properly and that your settings follow this guide:

https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...e-your-microphone-for-use-with-VoIP-utilities

The mobius will show up as multiple devices on Windows, make sure you have the correct one selected both for playback and recording.

Also, the selected device may change if you cycle the channel setting because a new device gets listed each time you do so.

When all else fails, try replugging and rebooting.
I've followed this guide to a T and I am still unable to use Discord in 7.1ch. 2ch works just fine. All settings on Windows and Discord are correct. I made sure that the selected device was set properly every time I changed modes. Maybe it's a bug specific to my pair. Kind of a bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back