• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 23, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #6,811 of 7,693
If anyone is looking for a Team Blue Mobius, mine is up for sale. I have only used it a few hours. I guess I impulse bought it during the campaign and have since added to my audio gear.

The mobius is definity a great value, however I am in love with my Burson Conductor/ LCD-3 combo. I would rather use the waves nx windows app with my more expensive gear.

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #6,812 of 7,693
@Rabso Yes mate, the sound is a lot easier to decipher now. I haven't been able to play much since I got my Mobius - broken hand from car accident - but I have put my character in game just to listen to the audio. Tarkov is 5.1 but the developers are no where near finished working on the sound but having said that the Mobius is a hell of a lot more revealing of position than my Audio Technica's were, the ones used by Summit1G

first I am sorry for your injury, hope you recover very soon.

thanks for the feedback, I play a lot Tarkov and I am sure Mobius will change my game

Sep 23, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #6,813 of 7,693
On iPhone with Tidal Hifi (16bit / 44.1kHz lossless) switching to HiRes leads to a very bad Sample Rate Conversion adding artifacts to the treble.
Staying normal 7.1 or 2-Ch is the way to go in this case, rewarded with a very good sound.
If you want to go HiRes be sure your system can deliver beyond 44.1kHz, as Mobius (or iPhone in my case?) does not seem to switch to a 1:1 feed thru of " normal Res" files.

Could even be you getting used to the sound of the Mobius.
how did you connect to your iPhone? lightning to usb-c cable?

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #6,816 of 7,693
@Rabso Thanks mate. It's just so frustrating having these headphones and not being able to Mosin anybody!!! I am running the Mobius with a 3m USB 3.1 C to C cable and it works well. And yes I have a pair with no hiss what so ever, my music listening phones are LCD X's and it is quite startling how much hiss and background noise I hear on older recordings with those.Really hope you enjoy your Mobius, and the Tarkov sound will only get better with each update.
Lets try not to shoot each other ingame, oh wait it's Tarkoc, shoot everyone!!

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #6,817 of 7,693
@Audeze Do you have an alternative contact number so I can speak to SFC? My wife tried the one on the site but couldn't get through to an operator.
Can't understand how these have taken so long from Shenzhen to Shanghai while International deliveries have been done for days.
Not your fault, nor your responsibility - just hoping we can actually talk to someone at SFC to find out what's going on.
(tracking info has not changed since first announcement of leaving SZ)

Sep 23, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #6,820 of 7,693
@Audeze Do you have an alternative contact number so I can speak to SFC? My wife tried the one on the site but couldn't get through to an operator.
Can't understand how these have taken so long from Shenzhen to Shanghai while International deliveries have been done for days.
Not your fault, nor your responsibility - just hoping we can actually talk to someone at SFC to find out what's going on.
(tracking info has not changed since first announcement of leaving SZ)

As there are new tariffs and negotiations on US-china trades and imports. I'm sure I will be waiting a while for mine sadly.

Sep 23, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #6,821 of 7,693
Yes, they are. The whole copper/blue base with the earpads can be removed / replaced. Just squeeze on the two protrusions on the copper/blue plastic ring and the earpads should come off with the base.
I tried this and could not get the pads off at all. I noticed that the rings were glued on, so how am I supposed to remove the pads? My fingers are in pain after hours of trying to no avail.

Sep 23, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #6,822 of 7,693
the Mobius is a hell of a lot more revealing of position than my Audio Technica's were, the ones used by Summit1G
That is one hell of a claim, especially for closed headphones... You're referring to his current ATH-ADG1x?

Sep 23, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #6,823 of 7,693
@CT007 That's the ones my friend. I find the Mobius so much better that the AT's are within a hour of being sold on ebay. The sound stage of the Mobius is really good, and the many benefits of it outweigh the open back soundstage of the AT's

I used the AT's for a full year and within a few days of settling in with the Mobius I by far prefer them over USB. Just loads more information which is more readily apparent.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #6,824 of 7,693
I find the Mobius so much better that the AT
Very interesting! Are you making this comparison in plain stereo mode..? This is extremely positive lol.

Are you able to also compare them to HD800, if you have those around?

Sep 23, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #6,825 of 7,693
@CT007 Have used the plain stereo for a bit and found it to be as good as the AT's but the 3D with HT is so much better. I can only imagine how good the experience would be in a game with really well sorted sound like Destiny etc. I play Tarkov mostly. Have only got LCD X's to compare to, and those are driven by a Naim DAC V1 so it is quite hard to compare on a level playing field. I imagine the HD800 have an immensely wide sound that would be difficult to match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back