• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 24, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #6,841 of 7,693
For anyone who ordered direct from Audeze and is in the UK, I got my tracking from FedEx last week and they attempted delivery today. It looks like they came direct from the US, with Santa Ana being the pickup location.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #6,842 of 7,693
I just found out that discord will not work with 7.1ch, I can't hear anyone in calls nor can they hear me. I have to switch to 2ch or hi-res 2ch for discord to work. My input and output are working fine. Is this a bug or a "feature"?
I also have been using Discord while using the 7.1ch mode. Getting my mic to work, as well as hearing my friends, was an issue at first, but once I reset my discord audio in the setting menu everything worked.

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #6,844 of 7,693
@Audeze Do you have an alternative contact number so I can speak to SFC? My wife tried the one on the site but couldn't get through to an operator.
Can't understand how these have taken so long from Shenzhen to Shanghai while International deliveries have been done for days.
Not your fault, nor your responsibility - just hoping we can actually talk to someone at SFC to find out what's going on.
(tracking info has not changed since first announcement of leaving SZ)
The international deliveries are not done.

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #6,845 of 7,693
For anyone who ordered direct from Audeze and is in the UK, I got my tracking from FedEx last week and they attempted delivery today. It looks like they came direct from the US, with Santa Ana being the pickup location.

Strange. I ordered direct in June and live in the US. I have not even received a tracking number. But you got yours in the UK? When did you order?

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #6,847 of 7,693
Android 9.0 (Android P) as I stated in the initial post. Thanks!

I don't know if this has been addressed or if I understand the problem, you need to get Android audio to output through USB. I discovered this wasn't default on my Android phone and had to enter developer mode to set audio to output via USB.

This takes you through step-by-step. There's a thread on the topic here on Head-fi.org as well.

Hope this helps.

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #6,849 of 7,693
I swapped my original order Mobius out for a new pair that arrived last week. I didn't consider the hiss a major issue before (noticeable, but not a deal-breaker) but I am happy to report the new pair exceeds expectations. Just a great pair of headphones, with so many tricks up its sleeve.

Sep 24, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #6,850 of 7,693
I swapped my original order Mobius out for a new pair that arrived last week. I didn't consider the hiss a major issue before (noticeable, but not a deal-breaker) but I am happy to report the new pair exceeds expectations. Just a great pair of headphones, with so many tricks up its sleeve.

So both you and MLE have now both confirmed the hiss fix was a success. Thanks for the update.

Sep 24, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #6,852 of 7,693
Can anyone recommend a longer, better quality USB cable than the one that comes with the mobius? The USB it comes with is far to short and I feel “anchored” when I’m connected to my pc with it.

I can bet my bottom dollar the people that are getting that hiss it’s probably from the supplied usb cable as it’s cheap and nasty, so looking to to replace mine with a better quality one if anyone can recommend one?

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #6,854 of 7,693
Does anyone else have trouble registering their mobius? I used the serial number under the earpads and it is not recognised in the database.

I am one of those who has quite the hissfest on my mobius. I've tried wireless as well as usb(both cables) and its the same. Agree the usb cables are lacking, at least as far as headphone cables are concerned. Stiff, kinked in the shape they were packaged and very microphonic. While I don't have a specific recommendation I'm going to try to find a usb cable that is thin and cloth covered. Something close to vmoda cables but in usb format.

Can anyone recommend a longer, better quality USB cable than the one that comes with the mobius? The USB it comes with is far to short and I feel “anchored” when I’m connected to my pc with it.

I can bet my bottom dollar the people that are getting that hiss it’s probably from the supplied usb cable as it’s cheap and nasty, so looking to to replace mine with a better quality one if anyone can recommend one?

Thie hiss on mine is constant regardless of volume unfortunately.
The hiss is only audible if you crank the volume to 100% on a fixed pair with no sound. Even then it is mild. Crank any amp to 100% and you'll get the same distortion/noise, so it's a non issue to me and I barely notice it. Great headphones.

Sep 24, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #6,855 of 7,693

You can try the 13 foot Cable Matters one, its USB-IF certified: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071HTD1WD/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back