• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #4,081 of 7,693
Really great you guys are going the extra mile to correct the issue, big thumbs up to you all:gs1000smile:...funny thing is, if you Audeze acted like this one trillion dollar company I know, they probably would not have corrected the issue until it gets media attention but not before blaming the customers or calling it courage to have the hiss in the headphone as part of the design.:ksc75smile:

Aug 4, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #4,082 of 7,693
This is probably the previously shipped unit that was delayed because of missing labels. Since they already passed the customs clearance, we could not recall them

I too received such an email from DHL, so presumably my inbound Mobius is an unfixed unit as well.

For those of us in the U.S., how would Audeze like us to handle exchanging for a fixed set?

Presumably we should accept the shipment rather than refusing it, but should we leave the parcel unopened and redirect it through DHL? Obtain a UPS shipping label from Audeze? Something else?

Thank you.

Aug 4, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #4,083 of 7,693
I too received such an email from DHL, so presumably my inbound Mobius is an unfixed unit as well.

For those of us in the U.S., how would Audeze like us to handle exchanging for a fixed set?

Presumably we should accept the shipment rather than refusing it, but should we leave the parcel unopened and redirect it through DHL? Obtain a UPS shipping label from Audeze? Something else?

Thank you.
Yes. Most likely. Just hold on to the unit till we start producing fixed ones. We will provide RMA instructions on how to swap the units once new units are ready.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 4, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #4,085 of 7,693
I think the unsung hero is AlwaysForward, who detected a hiss that a prestigious group of sound engineer QA testers could not at -110db.

The most similar superhero story: "The Princess and the Pea".

Do everyone a favor and overthink your statement. If Audeze thinks it might be wise to rework 4000+ units on their own bill and several others stated the hiss as being intrusive for them it's not really your place to make a joke on someone else's cost on this matter.

Or maybe I'm the princess and this was meant as a well intended joke?
Well, how would I know? I'm German.

Knock knock
"Who's there?"

"WE ASK THE QUESTIONS!"

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #4,087 of 7,693
Wow. Not only is Mobius proving itself as a world-class product, Audeze is proving themselves a world-class company, one that is focused on being excellent in things other than just money-grabbing. I’m really impressed they found a fix and returned an upgraded product to the first reviewers so quickly after the first mention of a problem.

This is a product, which if people truly understood its value, could sell at $800 to a more discerning audience. I hope Audeze gains tons of recognition through amazing reviews of this product and their service, and becomes a household name in the gaming community too.

Truly a company that the audiophile community can be proud of in every way.

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #4,088 of 7,693
It is great to see that there was a fix for the hiss and a clear schedule made, thank you @Audeze
Also, glad that all of this “hissteria” can now subside as we get closer to finally experiencing Mobius!

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #4,089 of 7,693
Love the update. Thanks @Audeze and @KMann for keeping us all in the loop.

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #4,091 of 7,693
For those who shipped their Mobius to the US, did you receive a tracking number? If so, where did it ship from and via which carrier? I shipped my pair to a drop box in Washington but I'm not sure if the package that's sitting there is the Mobius. All I have is a USPS tracking number originating from Seattle.

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #4,092 of 7,693
For those who shipped their Mobius to the US, did you receive a tracking number? If so, where did it ship from and via which carrier? I shipped my pair to a drop box in Washington but I'm not sure if the package that's sitting there is the Mobius. All I have is a USPS tracking number originating from Seattle.

The headphones are shipping to the USA via DHL. I got my tracking number after calling DHL and asking if they had record of any package coming to my name and address. This happened after my original package was returned to sender.

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #4,093 of 7,693
So, last night I was watching some sound effects heavy movie sequences via Netflix on PC and I easily got swept up in the amazing presentation of the 3D surround. Hiss presence aside, it was definitely enjoyable, so much so that I lost track of time.

However, I initially ran into a problem before I got underway. When I was using my PS4 the other day, I used the included 5 ft. USB-C to USB-A cable connected to a 10 ft. USB 2.0 female to male extension cable. Everything worked fine. When I hooked it up to the PC in 7.1/8 Ch mode with the same cable connection and attempted to play a video, video and audio stuttered constantly. Only when I removed the USB extension cable did everything function normally.

My guess is this is happening due to a combination of bandwidth (2.0 vs 7.1) and combined cable length. If so, what's the maximum cable length to prevent this? Would a cable with a signal booster/repeater work or a powered USB hub? Or would switching to a USB 3.0 extension be adequate?

Anyway, those are just some initial thoughts that came to mind. If @Audeze, @KMann or anyone here has any insight or suggestions, please share.

Thanks!

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #4,094 of 7,693

Totally read your post in a low, well-meaning-but-slightly-simple voice that I made in my head to go with your avatar.
Didn't realise I was doing it until part way through....

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #4,095 of 7,693
So, last night I was watching some sound effects heavy movie sequences via Netflix on PC and I easily got swept up in the amazing presentation of the 3D surround. Hiss presence aside, it was definitely enjoyable, so much so that I lost track of time.

However, I initially ran into a problem before I got underway. When I was using my PS4 the other day, I used the included 5 ft. USB-C to USB-A cable connected to a 10 ft. USB 2.0 female to male extension cable. Everything worked fine. When I hooked it up to the PC in 7.1/8 Ch mode with the same cable connection and attempted to play a video, video and audio stuttered constantly. Only when I removed the USB extension cable did everything function normally.

My guess is this is happening due to a combination of bandwidth (2.0 vs 7.1) and combined cable length. If so, what's the maximum cable length to prevent this? Would a cable with a signal booster/repeater work or a powered USB hub? Or would switching to a USB 3.0 extension be adequate?

Anyway, those are just some initial thoughts that came to mind. If @Audeze, @KMann or anyone here has any insight or suggestions, please share.

Thanks!

I use this extension cable which boosts the USB signal so I don’t really have to worry about cable length, and it works just fine with no stuttering problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back