Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #4,052 of 7,693
THE HISS NOISE IS GONE!!!

Again, confirmed - the fix works wonderfully!!!

I am fortunate to have been the tester for the fix and have compared the fix vs original side by side. This is not a placebo or based on memory in the slightest. I suppose there is some kind of noise floor if you really listen for it but that's the difference for me. The first version would constantly rear it's head during quiet or silent periods. The revision does not pull my attention or give me the perception of hiss in the slightest.

You guys should be really excited for these. They sound incredible.

Such great news.

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #4,053 of 7,693
Finally: a headphone company that know what is doing, not only releasing a revolutionary affordable original headphone, but going the extra mile to make sure this is a perfect headphone as much as humanly possible.
They have our respect and we wishing them to sell millions of units, so anyone across the globe to have access to such product.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #4,055 of 7,693
@Audeze
THE HISS NOISE IS GONE!!!

Again, confirmed - the fix works wonderfully!!!

I am fortunate to have been the tester for the fix and have compared the fix vs original side by side. This is not a placebo or based on memory in the slightest. I suppose there is some kind of noise floor if you really listen for it but that's the difference for me. The first version would constantly rear it's head during quiet or silent periods. The revision does not pull my attention or give me the perception of hiss in the slightest.

You guys should be really excited for these. They sound incredible.

Wonderful! Thanks for your impressions.

Looking forward to to posts talking about the headphones themselves again.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #4,056 of 7,693
Wait... you mean the sky didn't actually fall after all?

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #4,057 of 7,693
@Audeze
My jaw just dropped!
Right down to the basement in fact.
I have NEVER in my lifetime witnessed something like this.

I expected some software voodoo not an actual hardware change. I feel a bit sorry for you guys but if this is any consolation: You have just won me over as a lifetime customer.

I had "okay" dealings with Sennheiser, nice service from Beyerdynamics but this is truly unique.

The additional wait is a bummer but tbh. the weather continues to be so crazy hot and dry in Germany that I would probably not get much use out of them atm anyway.

You are my heroes.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #4,058 of 7,693
@Audeze
My jaw just dropped!

I expected some software voodoo not an actual hardware change. I feel a bit sorry for you guys but if this is any consolation: You have just won me over as a lifetime customer.

I had "okay" dealings with Sennheiser, nice service from Beyerdynamics but this is truly unique.

The additional wait is a bummer but tbh. the weather continues to be so crazy hot and dry in Germany that I would probably not get much use out of them atm. anyway.

You are my heroes.

On another note:
If I read the graph correctly that amount of hiss would have been a no go for me. 30-60 db of noise? No thank you

100% - This is Michelin Star stuff they're doing right here. Unheard of. Customer for life!!!

Aug 4, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #4,059 of 7,693
@Audeze
My jaw just dropped!

The additional wait is a bummer but tbh. the weather continues to be so crazy hot and dry in Germany that I would probably not get much use out of them atm anyway.

You are my heroes.

On another note:
If I read the graph correctly that amount of hiss would have been a no go for me. 30-60 db of noise? No thank you
You just mentioned two German companies and you are from Germany according to your avatar. I like what you wrote.
Audeze have Very high standards, that other companies should adopt.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #4,062 of 7,693
Yes, this is exceptional for them to do. They've definitely made the right decision here. Business-wise, it restores any possible doubts about their reputation. In fact, it increases it dramatically. And for us end-users, we get the product without hiss, as it should be. So it's a win-win all around. Now, those of us who end up liking the Mobius sound (which judging from reviews so far will be a big majority of buyers) can recommend them unreservedly instead of saying, "They sound great, but..."

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #4,063 of 7,693
You just mentioned two German companies and you are from Germany according to your avatar. I like what you wrote.
Audeze have Very high standards, that other companies should adopt.

I live smack in the middle of the Sennheiser HQ and Sennheiser Service HQ (bee line), actually know some guys that are working or worked there and while I had some wonderful experiences with them they would have never done what Audeze has done on a 10 person scale even if I were married to the CEO's daughter I presume.

I'm virtually floored, not able to grasp this and now believing, not only in Santa Claus but even in the easter bunny again.
And I definitely believe in Audeze.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #4,065 of 7,693
Awesome, thanks @Audeze!

I’m super-duper sad that I will not be receiving the headphone soon enough, thought I’d be able to use it in August since I’ll be away during September & October, but after reading what Audeze will be doing to fix to problem, I feel glad.

Now I don’t mind the delay as long as everything gets fixed. Also please make sure QC is better since someone received a pair with a pad off the headphone (though it’s not a major issue).

And one last thing please email all the indiegogo backers about the update so they’re not left hanging. Thanks again!

*now I feel like buying the LCD2C :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back