• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #4,066 of 7,693
As with everyone else, I am super happy with this update. While I do not know if I would have heard the hiss or even cared, the fact that its being worked on and fixed is great. I do not mind waiting another couple weeks or more if it just means this product that everyone has been raving about is even better. And while I recently contacted audeze and was told I couldnt change my shipping address, the fact that they are allowing it now is wonderful. So, a bit more wait, but the hype continues. And I guess this means now by the time they arrive, I should have my new house (desktop and maybe av system) fully set up and ready to go by the time they arrive.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #4,068 of 7,693
My first “high-end’ headphone was the Audeze LCD3 (pre-fazor) which I still have and will never sell. I still love the luscious, creamy mids those cans provide on vocals. I really didn’t have to think twice about jumping in on the Mobius deal (particularly at the unheard of $199 price point). I feel really lucky to have received my Mobius and while I was one of the ones that wasn’t too bothered by the hiss while listening, I’m looking forward to hearing the updated version. Thank-you @Audeze and @KMann fot the fantastic customer support.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #4,070 of 7,693
Thank you

We read the fine prints too.. :)
You may have misread the graph, the noise floor is at -110dbV
He,he,he....... Upon first reading a measurement of -110dbV it's easy to overlook the fact that you're actually talking about 'Negative' decibels of sound.

Let's give the Mobius a real test & see if a Bat can hear "What's going on" ; I don't see using Human hearing as a 'real' test here !

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #4,071 of 7,693
@Audeze absolutely blew me away this week! What an incredible company. In my communication with them it's become so clear just how much they want everyone to be ultra happy with these & ensure that this is a perfect product for each and every one of us. They're so proud of these headphones and don't want this little thing, which is minor, to even be any kind of an issue for users.

They sent me the prototype with the fix to test out:

THE HISS NOISE IS GONE!!!

Again, confirmed - the fix works wonderfully!!!

I am fortunate to have been the tester for the fix and have compared the fix vs original side by side. This is not a placebo or based on memory in the slightest. I suppose there is some kind of noise floor if you really listen for it but that's the difference for me. The first version would constantly rear it's head during quiet or silent periods. The revision does not pull my attention or give me the perception of hiss in the slightest.

You guys should be really excited for these. They sound incredible.

This is fantastic news!

Major props to @Audeze with how you're handling this! Your customer-focused approach speaks volumes.

Very excited to receive the fixed version!

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #4,072 of 7,693
Well I have to say I am floored. I have always wanted a set of Audeze cans however I could not afford them so I bought the Monoprice M1060 as everyone said they were close to Audeze lcd 2's and (after finding the right setup, they sounded like crap on Woo Audio tube-amp but really shine on my digital amp) sound amazing. I am not an audiophile but I have had decent headphones like my AKG q702's. I was in the market for a gaming headset but after debating for a long time at the price of $400.00 to get a gaming set and a set the were an audiophile pair seemed to make since, and even after reading about thee Hiss I still decided to drop the hammer an purchase. The fact that Audeze is going through the huge expense of fixing this is quiet amazing. I now am positive I made the correct decision and know that saving for a more expensive pair will be worth the expense if this is how well they treat their customers. Way to go Audeze and thank you for your time, pain and effort.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #4,073 of 7,693
@Audeze
My jaw just dropped!
Right down to the basement in fact.
I have NEVER in my lifetime witnessed something like this.

I expected some software voodoo not an actual hardware change. I feel a bit sorry for you guys but if this is any consolation: You have just won me over as a lifetime customer.

I had "okay" dealings with Sennheiser, nice service from Beyerdynamics but this is truly unique.

The additional wait is a bummer but tbh. the weather continues to be so crazy hot and dry in Germany that I would probably not get much use out of them atm anyway.

You are my heroes.

You are so right!

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #4,074 of 7,693
Wait, I just got a DHL update saying shipping at 8/7 but the Audeze timeline doesn’t seem to match that. I hope mine is still the fixed batch :smile_phones:.

Good gesture and customer service on Audezes part. I was checking out the Senn 820s and will now heavily consider their LCD series because I think a company that does well with their customers is one I’d like to support more.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #4,075 of 7,693
Ababsolutely nuts (in a good way!) that Audeze would incur the substantial expense of a hardware fix of 4,000 units already boxed and ready to ship. I was already a fan of Audeze and their superb customer support having had one small (but pleasant!) experience with them before this, but this is remarkable.

Now, I’m going to be forced to buy the Mobius at full price when it is available so I can support this company even a little and so I’m not left out of the group of people who have it! :D

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #4,076 of 7,693
Wow — I could not be more impressed with Audeze and this update. As others said I am now a lifelong customer of Audeze. I love my LCD-2C’s, Audeze CS helped me with a refurb Deckard and now this.

When I am in the market for new IEM’s I know where to look.

Aug 4, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #4,077 of 7,693
Wait, I just got a DHL update saying shipping at 8/7 but the Audeze timeline doesn’t seem to match that. I hope mine is still the fixed batch :smile_phones:.

Good gesture and customer service on Audezes part. I was checking out the Senn 820s and will now heavily consider their LCD series because I think a company that does well with their customers is one I’d like to support more.
This is probably the previously shipped unit that was delayed because of missing labels. Since they already passed the customs clearance, we could not recall them

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back