Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 15, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #2,553 of 7,693
So what do we learn from such a review?
  • Normal people can find an ASUS gaming headset to have a better virtual surround sound than this Mobius. They just say what they think.
  • Head tracking can be in the way for some when it comes to PC / console gaming. Good that you can turn it off if you want to.
  • These sound better for gaming and movies than for music at least for this guy. Which is absolute ok, he is allowed to tell us what he thinks.
  • Planar sounds awesome, but not for music, Lol...
He,he,he....... I'm a bit puzzled here ! Who do we consider "Normal" people ? & if we're spending any amount of time (& with over 3.5k thread count responses, you certainly have to discount yourself from that group)

It's not so much what we've learned as much as assuming that the Reviewer is talking from an "Everyman" (Que up the Jackson Browne recording). I don't know about you, but I can't honestly say that even some of the Reviewers I normally agree with are always on the "Same Page" that I am ! There are just Too many variables at play !

Have you ever heard the saying " It is what it is ", don't put too much faith in that unless you put "for you" on the end of that saying ! Life experiences teach us to be Subjective about anything we hear or read (At least it should).

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #2,554 of 7,693
He,he,he....... I'm a bit puzzled here ! Who do we consider "Normal" people ? & if we're spending any amount of time (& with over 3.5k thread count responses, you certainly have to discount yourself from that group)

It's not so much what we've learned as much as assuming that the Reviewer is talking from an "Everyman" (Que up the Jackson Browne recording). I don't know about you, but I can't honestly say that even some of the Reviewers I normally agree with are always on the "Same Page" that I am ! There are just Too many variables at play !

Have you ever heard the saying " It is what it is ", don't put too much faith in that unless you put "for you" on the end of that saying ! Life experiences teach us to be Subjective about anything we hear or read (At least it should).
I certainly don't consider myself as being normal regarding headphones. I lost that on joining HeadFi long ago.

Jul 15, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #2,555 of 7,693
I certainly don't consider myself as being normal regarding headphones. I lost that on joining HeadFi long ago.
My whole point was that there really isn't any "Normal" when it comes to whatever level of equipment we "have" to use to enjoy whatever personal hobbies we enjoy ! I

(I still remember how hilarious a few family members found it, some years ago , when I mentioned I had a Record Collection of several hundred LPs some years back; They didn't believe me when I tried to tell them that some collectors had collections numbering in the thousands ) ( "Normal ??.... We don't need no stinking Normal !!!")

Jul 15, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #2,557 of 7,693
You guys are certainly riled up over a single non audiophile review :lol

I think it is more a matter of, most people wanted to know more about the audio aspects of Mobious, not the overall aspect of them. It is easy to find information about anything, but most people are probaly most curious about info on their sound.

Jul 15, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #2,558 of 7,693
Please help me to cancel my order, it's not shipped yet.
In the audese website there is no bottom to cancel my order!
I just have denon 7100 which I enjoyed, and i don't think the mobiue will be any better.

Jul 15, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #2,559 of 7,693
I just have denon 7100 which I enjoyed, and i don't think the mobiue will be any better.

Email them: support@audeze.com

PS: There's probably a good chance that, if you haven't heard planar drivers from Audeze, they may blow your mind wide open with their sound quality. Dennon's dynamics are nice but planar is next level.

Jul 15, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #2,560 of 7,693
I don't know your financial situation but honestly, at this point, I think you're better off taking delivery of them and then selling. Pretty confident you'll make a profit.

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #2,562 of 7,693

You would have had to do that before the indiegogo campaign ended. Not sure why you're upset. You'll either have an amazing pair of headphones that are very different. Or you can sell them at a profit. You may very likely prefer selling the Dennons if you really have to sell one of them.

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #2,563 of 7,693
Well I really like my Denon D5K on a good amp (V281), it becomes a whole other level. Compared to the LCD-XC I used to have, I would keep the XC over the Denon, not really a contest. But I was surprised at how well my Denons scaled. They're not bad HPs by any means and I know that's not what anyone is saying. The ppl who have heard the Mobius say they're amazing so it will be interesting to hear comparisons/opinions once they're finally in people's hands.

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #2,564 of 7,693
Well i have had LCD-XC before, and i know its amazing cans, but i sold it because it's too heavy.
In the other hand Denon its really fun to listen and bassy headphone which i really enjoyed for PC gaming.
But if the mobius have the driver of LCD-XC, then it will be amazing headphone, beside the 3D feature.

Jul 15, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #2,565 of 7,693

We’re well past the cancellation period, and I think that would be a mistake anyway since we all got such a great deal.

Well i have had LCD-XC before, and i know its amazing cans, but i sold it because it's too heavy.
In the other hand Denon its really fun to listen and bassy headphone which i really enjoyed for PC gaming.
But if the mobius have the driver of LCD-XC, then it will be amazing headphone, beside the 3D feature.

It has a brand new driver but it was tuned with the LCD-X in mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back