• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 14, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #2,536 of 7,693
I wonder what the expected shipping time for the Mobius is for locations outside the US. I'm in Canada, and I also work for a logistics company so I'm pretty familiar with transit times. Do we know what services they are using for shipping? Company? Maybe it says somewhere on the indegogo? I'm feeling a bit lazy though to do any searching :p

They are using "3PL"

I tried googling it but found nothing

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #2,537 of 7,693
They are using "3PL"

I tried googling it but found nothing

3PL stands for "3rd Party Logistics" - it's not the name of a company, it's a service.

a 3PL is a company that does the shipping (other services besides shipping as well, warehousing, order fullfillment, storage, etc.) on behalf of another. So Audeze hires the company and pays them, they then provide the shipping service. A 3PL will then use the most cost effective service, or whatever service Audeze prefers. The 3PL will ship the Mobius out, but I'm wondering who they will use...FedEx, Post, UPS, etc. and also what service level we can expect which will effect the transit times. Some cheap transit services are very slow when shipping internationally.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #2,538 of 7,693
Cool the sarcasm and read my post again.

The guy's other videos are all on legit gear, not "gamer" stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgH23eAeFHbpOjNkVq7a1YA/videos

I'd say a lot in this case with whatever brief they gave the guy they got to do a review of the units on.

"Here's our new gaming headphones - please review - they've got lots of great tech and are planar"

He did that.

All I was saying was that he missed the mark on what they should have been reviewed for - the things they do differently and (hopefully better) than anything else on the market.

Hell - he even tried them on the PC but turned off the tracking - am tipping he had no idea of what it was meant to be doing.

Not trying to excuse him - was a lousy review as far as I'm concerned, but will watch some of his other reviews before I pass judgement on whether the blame is 100% his.

Would be more than happy for him to (if he still has them) put up a second review using different criteria.
On the Sarcasm; Point taken.

I guess I'm way more skeptical of "Reviewer's" sensibilities as far as their even being able to recognize the qualities of what it is that they,re reviewing based on their reviewing 'style'. You seem to have given this Reviewer a lot more credit simply for the fact his other videos are on legit gear.

His "lousy" review may simply be "par for the course" for his "take" on what he reviews. Now had he said something along the lines of "While listening to the RCO live recording of the Rachmaninoff Symphonic Dances > (through such & such playback system) my interest might have perked up. I'm familiar with the playback source selection & how the RCO hall can sound. (This music does sound very nice through my Audeze LCD2C headphones (as it also does through my Magneplanar 2.7QR loudspeakers ) through my non PC / Component Audio playback system).

Generalized descriptions of how equipment sounds w/o any point of reference to what was listened to are a step below meaningless to myself. The thing a lot of people forget is that just about any "legit" piece of equipment you can purchase comes with a purchase price refund if it turns out to be not what you'd like it to be ! (Yeah, that could be a PITA, but you might end up returning something that was "well reviewed" anyway (Your average Reviewers' & Cinematographers: Who needs 'em)

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #2,539 of 7,693
I saw some measurements on it, seems horrible.
While this is a bit off the Mobius topic, can you provide us with the measurements? I'd love to see them. It seems odd that a company focused on quality would sell a known deficient product. Weird.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #2,540 of 7,693
I wonder why he thought the ASUS headset had better surround? He's asking for an app but Audeze is releasing an app when the headphones come out. I think once that happens the surround will be a notch better once you customize the settings.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #2,541 of 7,693
Jul 14, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #2,542 of 7,693
I wonder why he thought the ASUS headset had better surround? He's asking for an app but Audeze is releasing an app when the headphones come out. I think once that happens the surround will be a notch better once you customize the settings.
Asus headset???? Why is this guy's review even in the conversation? If he can listen to an Asus headset and has any desire to continue listening to an Asus headset, I'm already out the door......... Mediocre quality sound is mediocre quality sound and I'm not interested, even for something like gaming.

There is a huge range of how far in either direction the Waves plugin can go. I'm sure the default is meant to not let music sound too unnatural. Most surround default presets sound horrible for music. It you want bigger, wider separation for gaming or something, you can easily adjust the space. But there's no way you'll also enjoy that for music listening.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #2,543 of 7,693
https://imgur.com/a/uRAaK5O

It's from a review over on reddit.
That's a lot of bass and low mids. If those measurements are accurate and it sounds how it looked like it sounds, would definitely want some EQ on those.

I'd want to actually hear them for myself. How good was the equipment used for testing? Especially the mic? Homemade equipment often sucks. Not ready to buy those measurements without knowing what equipment was used. Without that overloaded low end, what I'm seeing (though not technically the "ideal" curve) could sound really nice.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #2,544 of 7,693
Gee!!!.................. Do ya think ??????????? (Audeze is partially to blame for how they decided to promote the Gaming capabilities of these Hps; They definitely wanted to reach out to a market they hadn't tried to before this in addition to the qualities that the brand is normally associated with)
So what do we learn from such a review?
  • Normal people can find an ASUS gaming headset to have a better virtual surround sound than this Mobius. They just say what they think.
  • Head tracking can be in the way for some when it comes to PC / console gaming. Good that you can turn it off if you want to.
  • These sound better for gaming and movies than for music at least for this guy. Which is absolute ok, he is allowed to tell us what he thinks.
  • Planar sounds awesome, but not for music, Lol...

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #2,545 of 7,693
Asus headset???? Why is this guy's review even in the conversation? If he can listen to an Asus headset and has any desire to continue listening to an Asus headset, I'm already out the door......... Mediocre quality sound is mediocre quality sound and I'm not interested, even for something like gaming.

There is a huge range of how far in either direction the Waves plugin can go. I'm sure the default is meant to not let music sound too unnatural. Most surround default presets sound horrible for music. It you want bigger, wider separation for gaming or something, you can easily adjust the space. But there's no way you'll also enjoy that for music listening.

Yeah, he compared it to asus centurion cans. Looking at reviews for those, they are pretty mixed. Even from non-audiophile sources the sound quality isn't blowing anyone away. This isn't surprising given that instead of using a single large quality driver ASUS opted to stuff a bunch of mediocre ones in. Given the small size of each individual driver, I wouldn't doubt they would get pretty beat up for anything but gaming in an audiophile review.

I just don't think reducing the driver size to fit more in is ever going to be worth it, you sacrifice too much.

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #2,546 of 7,693
That's a lot of bass and low mids. If those measurements are accurate and it sounds how it looked like it sounds, would definitely want some EQ on those.

I'd want to actually hear them for myself. How good was the equipment used for testing? Especially the mic? Homemade equipment often sucks. Not ready to buy those measurements without knowing what equipment was used. Without that overloaded low end, what I'm seeing (though not technically the "ideal" curve) could sound really nice.

Well the closed and open LCD2 measurements could be wiser aligned, now it's just aligned at the specific point of 1kHz to be on the same lvl and these two happen to measure very differently around 1kHz area so obviously that skews the graph quite a bit which is a common but stupid way to align to frequency response graphs as for the average joe it doesn't get clear enough and he thinks it's a 10dB bass boost when it's actually more of a 5dB boost (like the Harman target response curve). The green line could have been moved up roughly 5dB for better readability/comparability imo.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #2,547 of 7,693

That means exactly 0 if he doesn't even say anything about WHAT kind of music he refers to tho.

Jul 14, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #2,548 of 7,693
Did the reviewer not have access to the windows app? It would have been helpful had he gone into more detail if available. Toneboosters isone has an array of settings, wonder how the mobius app compares.

Sidenote: Hoping for customizable eq presets in a future winapp/firmware update. Cycling through presets I would never use seems cumbersome.
I also wish the final design didn't have mobius stamped on the left cup. It disrupts the star pattern flow. The headphones already have plenty of branding. No biggie, just thinking aloud

So what do we learn from such a review?
  • Normal people can find an ASUS gaming headset to have a better virtual surround sound than this Mobius. They just say what they think.
  • Head tracking can be in the way for some when it comes to PC / console gaming. Good that you can turn it off if you want to.
  • These sound better for gaming and movies than for music at least for this guy. Which is absolute ok, he is allowed to tell us what he thinks.

Jul 14, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #2,549 of 7,693
Sidenote: Hoping for customizable eq presets in a future winapp/firmware update. Cycling through presets I would never use seems cumbersome.
I also wish the final design didn't have mobius stamped on the left cup. It disrupts the star pattern flow. The headphones already have plenty of branding. No biggie, just thinking aloud

That's the plan, some Audeze rep answered on that same question they intend to add that to the app but it won't be available at launch.

Jul 14, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #2,550 of 7,693
Did the rep say that in the indiegogo comment section? I was not able to find it searching the posts of @Audeze and @KMann in this thread. I may have missed it

That's the plan, some Audeze rep answered on that same question they intend to add that to the app but it won't be available at launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back