• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 3, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #2,267 of 7,693
I'm sure we'll at least see videos from all the tech-tubers about them.

Oooooohhh, I'm already entertained just thinking about them!

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #2,268 of 7,693
I am friends with a couple of tech tubers (Tek, Kyle/BitWit, etc.) and DMed a few asking them if they want to use my pair as a reviewer pair if Audeze hasn't / isn't going to make them available. Unless they are under NDA I figure they will get back to me pretty quickly one way or the other. I did recommend that they contact Audeze if they are interested in reviewing these as that will probably get them a pair much faster... and imho Audeze would be nuts not to leverage this relatively new marketing channel... where nerds for whatever tech will *on purpose* watch 15 min long commercials/reviews about new tech. The only way it works out poorly is if the review sucks, but in most cases the tubers won't waste their time on creating the content if the product sucks (unless it will be entertaining :D).

Jul 3, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #2,272 of 7,693
Giving away products for review is more of a gimmick for start up companies and low cost items.... Review unit loaners are standard, but Audeze is way beyond the point of needing to give away merchandise for exposure or praise.
It certainly depends on the market segment, but as a generalization I will have to respectfully disagree :D. Intel, AMD, NVidia, LG, Samsung, and others regularly give away free units to influencers in exchange for sponsored content. Some also provide financial incentives, etc. as well... and those companies are what I would call established... and OLED TVs, 18 core processors, etc. are not in the low cost segment either. I am challenged to think of a company in the technology arena that doesn't engage in this type of marketing regardless of size.

I know this from personal experience and from my acquaintances' day jobs... given my role with a midwest LAN Party / Con company (on the side, not my real job), I also work with marketing and PR folks from several companies in the PC space (from HP to Asus to you name them), and their JOB is product placement, where their primary vehicle is giving away free gear to influencers.

To keep the convo on topic, based on the standard I see in the PC/tech segment, this is definitely a valid option for Audeze to explore if they are interested in marketing Mobius to a larger audience. I continue to be surprised on how effective influencers are... certainly more so than traditional media options. The only marketing I can think of that is more effective (especially when considering investment) is active presence and nurturing of the user base in forums like HeadFi.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #2,273 of 7,693
It certainly depends on the market segment, but as a generalization I will have to respectfully disagree :D. Intel, AMD, NVidia, LG, Samsung, and others regularly give away free units to influencers in exchange for sponsored content. Some also provide financial incentives, etc. as well... and those companies are what I would call established... and OLED TVs, 18 core processors, etc. are not in the low cost segment either. I am challenged to think of a company in the technology arena that doesn't engage in this type of marketing regardless of size.

I know this from personal experience and from my acquaintances' day jobs... given my role with a midwest LAN Party / Con company (on the side, not my real job), I also work with marketing and PR folks from several companies in the PC space (from HP to Asus to you name them), and their JOB is product placement, where their primary vehicle is giving away free gear to influencers.

To keep the convo on topic, based on the standard I see in the PC/tech segment, this is definitely a valid option for Audeze to explore if they are interested in marketing Mobius to a larger audience. I continue to be surprised on how effective influencers are... certainly more so than traditional media options. The only marketing I can think of that is more effective (especially when considering investment) is active presence and nurturing of the user base in forums like HeadFi.
I defer to you as you're obviously more informed on the matter. Thanks for the info

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #2,274 of 7,693
I'd wait. There isn't any discount at this time so there is no incentive for jumping in now. Wait for the reviews and see if the Mobius still appeals to you. There will always be some who won't like the product and will sell them at something between their discounted price and the new retail price. I've seen this many times. There is also the distinct possibility that a revised model will be released within the next year at which time you have the option to purchase this model at a lower price or get the newer one.

It all depends on how fast you want the product.
I won't wait. No idea whether I would have next breath.

Jul 3, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #2,275 of 7,693
Well, I figured out how to get fast feedback on techtuber interest lol: https://clips.twitch.tv/PoliteBusyRabbitKeepo . @Audeze I would love to help you connect with a few TechTubers (1M+ subs per avg, typical 1M views per tech review) if you are interested in having some exposure to their audience (primarily PC enthusiasts), PM me if you don't already have the contacts you need. Here is an example of a typical BitWit review, his audience is almost entirely technology enthusiasts and PC gamers, with a humorous spin:

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #2,277 of 7,693
Why do you care if they review it?
For me... because I like Audeze and think they deserve a broader customer base. If I can contribute to their success even a tiny bit that would feel good. And supporting my tuber friends with new content possibilities is because they are good people(coming up with new content for a full time tuber can be tough)... so win/win. Or if you are a cynic and believe that humans are basically bad... I want more people to suffer through this addiction with me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back