• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 2, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #2,252 of 7,693
One thing that wasn't quite clear to me from reading this thread: is the volume wheel digital or analog? (That is, will it control the volume on your source device, or just the headphones?) I assume analog given that it's a wheel, but a few comments seem to suggest otherwise.

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #2,253 of 7,693
One thing that wasn't quite clear to me from reading this thread: is the volume wheel digital or analog? (That is, will it control the volume on your source device, or just the headphones?) I assume analog given that it's a wheel, but a few comments seem to suggest otherwise.

Well is active with an a watt per channel. It probably is just volume for the internal dual balanced amp. Still waiting to actually get my hands on one like almost everyone here. Internal DAC to balanced amp.....does it even need to use the device's volume information? (obviously with aux input level matters)

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #2,255 of 7,693
Jul 3, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #2,256 of 7,693
150 pages before the product ships. Wow. Has there ever been a thread like this before?

Yes. Just about every FOTM headphone, amp, dac, or you name it that has had a hyped release usually includes a massive thread prior to release. It's tons of hype/wish posts without much substance (as the product has only been heard by a few) and you can spend a whole day reading posts that could have taken up one page. But no one can resist posting. So it goes.

Jul 3, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #2,257 of 7,693
Jul 3, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #2,258 of 7,693
150 pages before the product ships. Wow. Has there ever been a thread like this before?
I can't recall what your thread count is here on HF, but I'm pretty sure this isn't that rare .

I seem to recall several. Just do an Archive search on any number of products that have "Preview / Review" as part of the Thread Title. Heh,heh,heh......The interesting part of a lot of these threads is how many more pages there are before the Product is actually released....... & how many times the same questions , (that have totally subjective answers; Because they're subjective) are asked

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #2,260 of 7,693
Knowing this product isn't even out yet, and next to no one has actually tried them, should I get these or...... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You'll still have to wait for all the indiegogo backers get theirs before your order would be shipped so seems pointless to not just wait for the reviews to pour out.

:o2smile:

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,261 of 7,693

Well, it’s by one of the most coveted audio brands in this community and it was crowd-funded which leads to a lot of hype and anticipation.

Plus this thread had @MICHAELSD to keep the hype train alive and well :wink:

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #2,262 of 7,693
Knowing this product isn't even out yet, and next to no one has actually tried them, should I get these or...... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
We're at the phase where the product is close to being out, and all discounts are done. There were enough key reasons to buy when we did, but at this point you'll soon have a river of feedback coming your way.

What's your educated guess. Are these a product you're going to want if they are really solid like we believe they will be? Do you like the Audeze sound and this feature set?

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #2,263 of 7,693
I'd wait. There isn't any discount at this time so there is no incentive for jumping in now. Wait for the reviews and see if the Mobius still appeals to you. There will always be some who won't like the product and will sell them at something between their discounted price and the new retail price. I've seen this many times. There is also the distinct possibility that a revised model will be released within the next year at which time you have the option to purchase this model at a lower price or get the newer one.

It all depends on how fast you want the product.

Jul 3, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #2,264 of 7,693
If I were Audeze I'd sponsor some streamers. Give some free mobius headsets to a few high profile streamers and it's bound to catch on fire. If half of what I've read is true, these should be the must have wired gaming headsets of 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back