• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 1, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #2,236 of 7,693
They said that customs was the key factor for ship date. A factor out of their control.

Also, re: Rtings, @MICHAELSD I kinda doubt it’ll surpass the HD800. Who knows but closed headphones do have sonic reflections in the chamber which muck up measured sound most of the time. Unless Audeze has a correction for this. Who knows.

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #2,237 of 7,693
We will update Shipping details once we have more information. Measurements work for passive headphones. With active headphones, measurements are a whole different beast. There are too many modes in Mobius and it is not easy to measure. Analog, USB, Bluetooth, 6 Different EQ modes on each, Different codecs on BT (SBC, AAC, LDAC). + 3D on/off/auto and HRTF adjustments + Room Adjustments. From the order list we can see who bought them and it is very interesting.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 1, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #2,238 of 7,693
re: Rtings - some of their methodology, while not incorrect, causes some strange results/rankings

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #2,239 of 7,693
They said that customs was the key factor for ship date. A factor out of their control.

Also, re: Rtings, @MICHAELSD I kinda doubt it’ll surpass the HD800. Who knows but closed headphones do have sonic reflections in the chamber which muck up measured sound most of the time. Unless Audeze has a correction for this. Who knows.
HD800's are a pretty analytical headphone and very amp dependant. A lot of people who own them don't actually prefer them for fun listening sessions with many genres. HD800's are probably going to be better for classical music.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #2,242 of 7,693
On my planet, 1-10=early, 10-20=mid, 20-31=late. Sometime in July is a nice enough estimate, shouldn't expect anything more specific until issued a tracking number, crap happens. I am in second wave, so I am guessing mid-late Aug for mine, good enough for me. Also, no way will these compare with HD800! I have LCD3, LCD-XC, HE560, HD800(no mods), Elear, and many others, most for several years. The HD800 are in a class of their own... they are IMHO a very special pair of headphones. They are currently my home gaming headphones (for maybe 3 years now) powered by an HA-1, and I have yet to find anything close to their equal (for <$1500) when it comes to imaging, clarity, openness, etc.

I use EL-8C Tits for away gaming (powered by an XD-05 w/ Burson upgrade), and they are quite excellent, but comparing an open design (especially dynamic vs. planar... and especially HD800) to any closed designs... forget about it, those are two different classes of headphones. That isn't even considering the price point differences. The HD800s are great for music too... but if I am listening for more than a few minutes, that is when the LCD3s or XCs come out. The LCD3s are ALSO a very special pair of headphones... they may not be as airy and image like the HD800s, but damn are they VISCERAL. I can understand comparison to say the EL-8C's or other closed planar's... maybe closed dynamics even... but HD800? That is over-hyping territory, and an unreasonable expectation.

Jul 1, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #2,243 of 7,693
On my planet, 1-10=early, 10-20=mid, 20-31=late. Sometime in July is a nice enough estimate, shouldn't expect anything more specific until issued a tracking number, crap happens. I am in second wave, so I am guessing mid-late Aug for mine, good enough for me. Also, no way will these compare with HD800! I have LCD3, LCD-XC, HE560, HD800(no mods), Elear, and many others, most for several years. The HD800 are in a class of their own... they are IMHO a very special pair of headphones. They are currently my home gaming headphones (for maybe 3 years now) powered by an HA-1, and I have yet to find anything close to their equal (for <$1500) when it comes to imaging, clarity, openness, etc.

I use EL-8C Tits for away gaming (powered by an XD-05 w/ Burson upgrade), and they are quite excellent, but comparing an open design (especially dynamic vs. planar... and especially HD800) to any closed designs... forget about it, those are two different classes of headphones. That isn't even considering the price point differences. The HD800s are great for music too... but if I am listening for more than a few minutes, that is when the LCD3s or XCs come out. The LCD3s are ALSO a very special pair of headphones... they may not be as airy and image like the HD800s, but damn are they VISCERAL. I can understand comparison to say the EL-8C's or other closed planar's... maybe closed dynamics even... but HD800? That is over-hyping territory, and an unreasonable expectation.

Nobody said it will surpass the HD800. I just expect it to measure well based on rtings’ objective testing since it’s their first Audeze headphone. It’s possible with the <99% distortion, etc. taken into consideration it will score quite high depdending on how strongly those factors are weighed into the scoring.

Jul 2, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #2,247 of 7,693

With low distortion, quality imaging, etc. it should rank somewhere around its 8.5 rating, at least through their objective testing. That also depends on the neutrality of the default FR.

DSP is powerful. I assume they’ll test on the default preset with 3D effects off, so it should be similar to measuring any other wireless headphone since they’re all technically active even if some can be used passively.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #2,248 of 7,693
With low distortion, quality imaging, etc. it should rank somewhere around it at least through their objective testing. That also depends on the neutrality of the default FR.

DSP is powerful. I assume they’ll test on the default preset with 3D effects off, so it should be similar to measuring any other wireless headphone since they’re all technically active even if some can be used passively.

It will only rank a little higher than the Sennheiser Orpheus headphones. I'm afraid it probably won't beat them by much..... :wink:

Jul 2, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #2,250 of 7,693
You cannot measure the transcuder on Mobius directly. There is no Analog bypass mode. The 3.5 mm also goes through the DSP.

Understood. They would be measuring the headphone’s response with the DSP, assumedly on the default preset just as other Audeze headphones have been comparatively measured with the Cipher cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back