• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 29, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #2,208 of 7,693
@MacedonianHero What do you feel regarding listening to music with this RoomFeel / Headtracking thing? Would you say it sounds natural after your ears gets used to it or do you think it affects it negatively too much or?

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #2,209 of 7,693
@MacedonianHero What do you feel regarding listening to music with this RoomFeel / Headtracking thing? Would you say it sounds natural after your ears gets used to it or do you think it affects it negatively too much or?

When you get used it it (about 5 - 10 minutes), it comes off very natural to my ears and it then becomes a bit hard to go back to "traditional" headphones.

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #2,210 of 7,693
Nice! I always enjoyed surround sound / out of head experience also when listening to music but it depends on the implementation too of course as most ruins the sound quality too much. Can't wait to try it for myself too. I listen to a custom dolby headphone config I've tweaked for foobar (contains counter-EQing to the dolby headphone applied frequency response curve) every once in a while, some examples below.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #2,211 of 7,693
When you get used it it (about 5 - 10 minutes), it comes off very natural to my ears and it then becomes a bit hard to go back to "traditional" headphones.
That's interesting, and bodes well for the quality of specialization in Mobius. Would you say it sounds more like nearfield monitors, or a more like a traditional speaker setup (distance-wise).

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #2,212 of 7,693
See, I worry about doing just that. If you get acclimated to a technology, you may as you notice start to get "hooked" and listening to music without feels less engaging. That is the power of our brains novelty seeking focus. For me it is risky so I'm afraid to impact the normal, in-aided audio playback experience. Likely I will try this and I'm pretty intrigued by the Mobius. It sounds like Audeze have really put some serious R&D effort into it. Respect.

Jun 29, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,213 of 7,693
Oh my oh my. I should have checked my personal email this past week!

Good, it doesn't seem I can change my Team color. That makes it easy.

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #2,214 of 7,693
See, I worry about doing just that. If you get acclimated to a technology, you may as you notice start to get "hooked" and listening to music without feels less engaging. That is the power of our brains novelty seeking focus. For me it is risky so I'm afraid to impact the normal, in-aided audio playback experience. Likely I will try this and I'm pretty intrigued by the Mobius. It sounds like Audeze have really put some serious R&D effort into it. Respect.

Same thing happens if you listen to good speakers, then try to switch over to headphones! After a little while.... You adjust. Nothing to worry about! It's fine if you prefer the speakers in general... Good headphones don't just all of a sudden suck.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #2,215 of 7,693
Well tonight I sat down with Halo 5 on my Xbox One S and simply put, these are the most impressive gaming headsets I've ever heard! The head tracking is quite familiar now and it is very natural when playing a FPS.

How did you have them connected to the xbox? I plan on using them some with my xbox. Did you simply have them connected via the headphone jack on the wireless controller?

Jun 30, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2,216 of 7,693
How did you have them connected to the xbox? I plan on using them some with my xbox. Did you simply have them connected via the headphone jack on the wireless controller?

The only compatible audio out with the Xbox is the aux jack. So if you plan to use head tracking, you can only do it in stereo instead of virtual surround. If a pair of speakers would be good enough for you, this should be similar. Still with stellar planar fidelity.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #2,217 of 7,693

Tried them on both the PS4 and Xbox One S...worked flawlessly with both! Correct...just plug them into the wireless controller and you're good to go.

Jun 30, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #2,219 of 7,693
Tried them on both the PS4 and Xbox One S...worked flawlessly with both! Correct...just plug them into the wireless controller and you're good to go.

Mind sharing what settings you used with Xbox? And also what settings you were using on the Mobius? Appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back