• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 27, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #2,176 of 7,693
I understand your situation, but at the same time have never had this issue with any other online company ever, even high end audio companies, dive gear companies (just as expensive and small as Audeze headphones), and others, which makes it hard to accept this as the only option. And even with that being the case, the unwillingness to even consider an appeal is hugely disappointing. I can understand Riskified, but not with zero appeal.

I don't remember who I spoke to, it was a couple years ago. I mentioned I was a member here, had been for a long time, and said I'd be willing to provide any information, documentation, or proof necessary to prove my identity, and in turn I was told they weren't willing to look into it, and was simply told Audeze was no longer willing to sell to me and there was nothing I could do about it (that's not even an exaggeration). This is after I called you guys because you also weren't even willing to tell me my order was cancelled, I was dreaming about listening to headphones that were never going to come, and had already been cancelled. That's certainly not out of your hands.

Unfortunately, at the time I was a college student with almost no money to my name. I'd been pining for a set of Audeze's for years and finally was able to get a set because of some intense discount you were having for some reason or another. Buying from Amazon was not an option, as I could not afford them for the price they were on Amazon. I unfortunately never got those headphones. I also tried to buy a pair of LCD-2C's years later and the same thing happened. Unfortunately, this was during the pre-release sale and so were not available on Amazon (or from anywhere else, even my dealer). Waiting was also not an option, as they were meant to be a christmas present, and no one would have them in stock until a couple months after Christmas. Fortunately, I was able to ask a family member to grab them for me and everything worked out, but it very easily could not have, which would have not only made things months late, but at a higher cost too.

Of course, it's not the end of the world, I'll live, but it is far outside of the usual experience with a company like yours, and it looks bad. Up until recently, I refused to buy anything from Audeze, and I'm still wary today. And it worries me, if you start doing this as your company grows, your reputation can really be hurt.

Like I said before, my issue wasn't with Riskified, but with your response to it all. Give customers like me *some* kind of way to buy from you, since it seems Riskified is rife with false positives, and you often offer things to customers of your website that you don't offer to your Amazon customers. Would Amazon Pay work? You said they're able to verify buyers more effectively than you can. It even says on their site it works through your own website and store, and provides their fraud protection. No other company has ever treated me like this, and it really sucks because it's a company I really like.

I want to throw money at you and be a big ol' Audeze fanboy, but this situation is making it really tough.

have you realized i4 is more expensive than gold by weight?

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #2,179 of 7,693
Gaming is only a portion of what these headphones can do. So far, they are the best wireless headphones I've heard...and the head tracking technology is quite revolutionary! I have heard the B&W PX, nice headphones, but not in the top 5 for me.
how about comfort ?

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #2,183 of 7,693
I haven't had a chance to put them through those paces yet except for day 1 when they arrived. They have that classic "Audeze" sound and I was thoroughly impressed. But in that short time, no doubt they best the Bose QC35II, Sony WH1000MK2 and Studio 3 Wireless but a good margin. :)
mobius is much larger than bose, judging by pictures?

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #2,184 of 7,693
Please do an unboxing video ! @macedoni
The packaging for IndieGogo and the packaging for retail will be quite different. The IGG boxes have been changed to accommodate the carrying case. The retail packaging is designed for the store shelf and has size limitations.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 28, 2018 at 12:47 AM Post #2,187 of 7,693
I haven't had a chance to put them through those paces yet except for day 1 when they arrived. They have that classic "Audeze" sound and I was thoroughly impressed. But in that short time, no doubt they best the Bose QC35II, Sony WH1000MK2 and Studio 3 Wireless but a good margin. :)

Gaming is only a portion of what these headphones can do. So far, they are the best wireless headphones I've heard...and the head tracking technology is quite revolutionary! I have heard the B&W PX, nice headphones, but not in the top 5 for me.

I'm not expecting it to beat an LCD-X or LCD-4 etc. But your feedback is really encouraging (as well as some other videos and things from people with hands on). I don't "need" these, but I want them and love the Audeze sound. Another question for you, should I sell my Abyss Phi? I'm betting that answer is a "no". But I wanted a wireless option for when I want convenience and conference calls more so than gaming. Mobius is replacing my Logitech G930 (already gone) for me which always had problems with intermittent signal cutting out (which seemed to be an common issue for many).

Jun 28, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #2,189 of 7,693
Is there an image of the case posted online somewhere? I mean the case that will ship with the indiegogo version of the mobius? Is so, I'd appreciate getting the link, if someone has it. Thanks.

PS: If it is the one pictured below, then never mind, as I have found it:

MobiusAccessories_2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back