• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 19, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #1,951 of 7,693
This may be a already answered question but does anyone know what DAC chip they are using for Mobius? I don't remember if they stated or not or it may be proprietary. Anyway I love Audeze signature. I have LCD2 and Lcd- XC.

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #1,952 of 7,693
Anyway, the pre-sale pricing is over on Audeze.com so they should be on track to start shipping soon.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #1,953 of 7,693
@Audeze Dumb question but I see that in the box it'll have a USB A to C as well as a USB C to C. Will both cables offer the same exactly quality or will USB C to C offer some advantages?
My comp. has both but the USB C port is located on the back of the comp. while I have a USB A slot open on my monitor so USB A would be a bit more convenient but if C to C offers an advantage I guess thats the route to take.

There shouldn't be any difference, not to mention, that the connection itself (A or C) doesn't matter if both are (for example) 3.1.
The question should be if usb 2.0 can achieve the same quality as 3.0 and 3.1 but I don't see why not since uncompressed 8 channel audio has around 2.3MB/s which isn't hard to achieve on anything USB.

Mrmoto050
Most likely another cheapo CS42L42 chip. Don't expect too much.

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #1,954 of 7,693
There shouldn't be any difference, not to mention, that the connection itself (A or C) doesn't matter if both are (for example) 3.1.
The question should be if usb 2.0 can achieve the same quality as 3.0 and 3.1 but I don't see why not since uncompressed 8 channel audio has around 2.3MB/s which isn't hard to achieve on anything USB.

Mrmoto050
Most likely another cheapo CS42L42 chip. Don't expect too much.
No way. Noise level so high.

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #1,955 of 7,693
Maybe just actually compare it with the EL-8 for a couple hours and give some initial thoughts here before writing a review? How long do you listen to something before writing a full review? Several days of heavy use seems like the minimum to me.

All of us scheduled for June may get them at a similar time though..... How many hundred or thousand do you think they can ship out in a day
They'll undoubtedly update the project and confirm when they are shipping as well as send out an email that includes tracking information. It really isn't something we need to worry about. They're not amateurs. They mentioned on the Indiegogo page that they use FedEx in the USA btw..... It also wouldn't make any sense for them not to require a signature..... They've been doing this for a while and have great customer service.
Well, I normally agree with just about all you've said in this thread,but at this point I'm not sure if everything hasn't passed over to Audeze.

I purchased the LCD2C from Audeze a few month's ago & they came to me USPS Priority Service . As such, there was no sign in requirement (Which is way more convenient for myself). I didn't actually read the Indiegogo page so you may be completely correct & I may be "Full of Beans" (Though I hope not ; & I cleaned up that saying as they're a bit sensitive about using certain words on Hf )

Jun 20, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,956 of 7,693
No way. Noise level so high.

Pardon me?
USB has several handshakes throughout the transfering process. It's also mirrored so if one bit fails the other signal will correct for that.

Regarding power over USB: There are enough solutions that work quite well, not to mention you can always up the thickness of the cable. I'm not quite sure what you want to tell me here?

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #1,957 of 7,693
Pardon me?
USB has several handshakes throughout the transfering process. It's also mirrored so if one bit fails the other signal will correct for that.

Regarding power over USB: There are enough solutions that work quite well, not to mention you can always up the thickness of the cable. I'm not quite sure what you want to tell me here?

I do not think USB helps much with noise. I have a JDS labs element and an ATH A2000Z (extremely sensitive to noise) and I still get noise if I put the DAC/Cable too close to my computer.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #1,959 of 7,693

Mrmoto050
likely another cheapo CS42L42 chip. Don't expect too much.

Actually Audeze is a great company and doesn't do cheap. I'll wait for a qualified answer.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #1,961 of 7,693
I do not think USB helps much with noise. I have a JDS labs element and an ATH A2000Z (extremely sensitive to noise) and I still get noise if I put the DAC/Cable too close to my computer.

It usually does but if both lines are distorted you simply need shielding. I would recommend a shielded USB cable, or ferrite chokes which should take care of the problem.

Actually Audeze is a great company and doesn't do cheap. I'll wait for a qualified answer.

I'm sorry?! Am I in the twilight zone?
How would someone like you who confirms he has no clue of the matter decide I am unqualified to answer just because you don't like what you hear?!

Ungrateful and ungracious. Wonderful...

The CS42L42 is per definition cheap. A single chip costs around 3-4 €. Massive amounts even less and it is the whole brain of the cipher cables since the chip itself allows for the signal manipulation you need to have for a multiband EQ or in this case the whole dsp "correction".
It's also able to support a potent mic channel.

Still it is by no means a sabre chip and those are about 3-4 times the price depending on order size (except free samples ofc.).
So yeah.... Audeze doesn't do cheap my buttocks. Every company is out for maximising profit and the Cirrus Logic chip just so happens to have every feature they need.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #1,962 of 7,693
It will be interesting to see exactly how fast the head tracking is, as I have a 144 Hz monitor and any lag in the tracking should be noticeable.

Pshh, 144hz, so slow, I just upgraded to a 165hz. Honestly cant tell a difference, but I will never again get a primary gaming monitor thats slower than 144hz, it makes such a huge difference for gaming. And even just moving the mouse on the desktop is super smooth, as you said. The PCMR is coming out in me here, but its one of those things that is so noticeable that anyone who claims the eye cant even see 60hz would be lying if they said they couldnt see a difference.

Anyways though, I am not really sure what the headtracking on the mobius has to do with the refresh rate of your monitor. I dont think either will have an effect on the other. Your framerate in the game controls your viewport, your head movements will control the angle of your head within the virtual surround audio space. Lag could be an issue, but again, they are still not connected.

That said, the specifications for the mobius (taken directly from the mobius webpage) state that the head tracking tracks 1000 times per second (1000hz), so there should be significantly less lag in the tracking than any input lag you might see from your monitor.

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #1,963 of 7,693
It usually does but if both lines are distorted you simply need shielding. I would recommend a shielded USB cable, or ferrite chokes which should take care of the problem.

I'm sorry?! Am I in the twilight zone?
How would someone like you who confirms he has no clue of the matter decide I am unqualified to answer just because you don't like what you hear?!

Ungrateful and ungracious. Wonderful...

The CS42L42 is per definition cheap. A single chip costs around 3-4 €. Massive amounts even less and it is the whole brain of the cipher cables since the chip itself allows for the signal manipulation you need to have for a multiband EQ or in this case the whole dsp "correction".

Still it is by no means a sabre chip and those are about 3-4 times the price depending on order size (except free samples ofc.).
So yeah.... Audeze doesn't do cheap my buttocks. Every company is out for maximising profit and the Cirrus Logic chip just so happens to have every feature they need.

@Saljon; I did not say I had no clue on the matter. How about maybe the AK4367A which btw is used by Beyerdynamics in the Avento Headset. But I can tell by your youthful comments you are not the one to confirm anything. so I will ignore going further. Cheers.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,965 of 7,693

I do not know where you get your information from, but Cipher uses a custom SOC, and adding LAM does not come cheap either. No Cirrus Logic here...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back