• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 21, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #1,966 of 7,693
I do not know where you get your information from, but Cipher uses a custom SOC, and adding LAM does not come cheap either. No Cirrus Logic here...

Wow. Several (older) discussions actually. Thank you very much for the clarification, stunned that I was misled and deeply misinformed for several years.

@Saljon; I did not say I had no clue on the matter. How about maybe the AK4367A which btw is used by Beyerdynamics in the Avento Headset. But I can tell by your youthful comments you are not the one to confirm anything. so I will ignore going further. Cheers.

Youthful? I will take that as a compliment though I'm kind of stunned by your attitude still.
You asked , I answered to the best of my knowledge and all you said since then was in bad taste and simply rude, but have it your way since I was wrong anyway.
I don't like this thread being derailed especially not in part by me.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #1,967 of 7,693
I do not know where you get your information from, but Cipher uses a custom SOC, and adding LAM does not come cheap either. No Cirrus Logic here...
Thank you, I'm sure it may be proprietary info about the DAC chip, but at least it is not cheap as some here have believed. Just waiting patiently for mine.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #1,968 of 7,693
i40nwn-01.jpeg
@Audeze or @KMann:
Still craving for more color choices in the future.
I kinda liked the greenish tint of one of MLE pictures (which is caused by the lighting but still...).
I exaggerated the colors in the photo a bit for a better showing.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #1,970 of 7,693
Inventory management becomes very difficult with more color choices. We have a SKU explosion and it is difficult to manage. so 2 colors for now.

I was on the main post page and saw that the most recent post was made by "Audeze"
I wish you could see how excited I was, clicked the title thinking it was going to be one of those fancy status updates but instead it was Audeze shutting down a third color request. :dt880smile:

Just playing with my emotions.

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #1,974 of 7,693
I quickly browsed through this thread and didn't see if these support Dolby Headphone for Headphones? If used on a PC and have Atmos enabled will it receive the mixed stereo signal?

I guess since it accepts 2.0 it'll work.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #1,978 of 7,693
Pshh, 144hz, so slow, I just upgraded to a 165hz. Honestly cant tell a difference, but I will never again get a primary gaming monitor thats slower than 144hz, it makes such a huge difference for gaming. And even just moving the mouse on the desktop is super smooth, as you said. The PCMR is coming out in me here, but its one of those things that is so noticeable that anyone who claims the eye cant even see 60hz would be lying if they said they couldnt see a difference.

Anyways though, I am not really sure what the headtracking on the mobius has to do with the refresh rate of your monitor. I dont think either will have an effect on the other. Your framerate in the game controls your viewport, your head movements will control the angle of your head within the virtual surround audio space. Lag could be an issue, but again, they are still not connected.

That said, the specifications for the mobius (taken directly from the mobius webpage) state that the head tracking tracks 1000 times per second (1000hz), so there should be significantly less lag in the tracking than any input lag you might see from your monitor.

"I am not really sure what the headtracking on the mobius has to do with the refresh rate of your monitor"

You kind of answered your own question in the next paragraph. Thanks for the tip, the delay on the tracking is 1ms then.

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #1,979 of 7,693
Wow, didn’t realize until now that it’s been three months since the hype for Mobius started.

Very reasonable timeframe for a crowdfunded campaign, but explains why my excitement has gone down just a bit :wink:.

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #1,980 of 7,693
"I am not really sure what the headtracking on the mobius has to do with the refresh rate of your monitor"

You kind of answered your own question in the next paragraph. Thanks for the tip, the delay on the tracking is 1ms then.

I mean technically there could be more of a delay, and I guess I was wrong saying lag would be that. However, at the very least, it samples position 1000 times per second. Whether there is a delay transmitting that information to the computer and processing it, I dont know. I would image if it was noticeable though it would totally ruin the immersion, so I bet its not noticeable.

Again though, I just dont see how that has anything to do with the monitor refresh rate. I mean obviously the goal would be for all lag to be reduced to 0 or imperceptible levels. But monitor refresh and head tracking are totally separate since changing the view on the monitor doesnt affect the head tracking, and the head tracking doesnt change whats on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back