• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 19, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #1,936 of 7,693
I didn't see any mention of FedEx on the main campaign page. Just that shipping in the USA was free (at the bottom of the Story tab in the FAQs). The reason I was asking was more about where to ship given the lack of clarity on tracking specifically, not that I don't expect Audeze to ship. Anyways, I just changed my address to plan for any contingency, so problem more-or-less solved.

The FedEx info was in the comments as an answer to a question. I didn't think it was an unreasonable question that you asked at all. Did you change the shipping address right on the Indiegogo page? Was thinking about doing the same as I'll be at a different address most of July.

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #1,937 of 7,693
wow, 144 hz monitor sounds very sophisticated. don't know what's the default for say MacBook or iMac.

The default for apple desktops and laptops is 60 Hz. 144 Hz refreshes the screen every 7ms while 60hz does so every 16ms. This means you can not only see changes faster but it also appears more smooth. Even something as simple as moving your mouse on the desktop is more pleasant.

Im so pissed i didnt know about these until now... i would totally be a indegogo supporter :frowning2:
Anyone knows when and where will it be available in Europe?

I'd guess August. You could also always import them from the US if they take longer to get to Europe. I've done that with a few headphones at launch.

I prefer "brain" burn in (or adjustment) sometimes I'll be listening and a new nuance of sound will pop into the track, much more enjoyable as well as you actually hear the changes and relate. (IMHO)

That's a much better description of it I think.

They'll undoubtedly update the project and confirm when they are shipping as well as send out an email that includes tracking information. It really isn't something we need to worry about. They're not amateurs. They mentioned on the Indiegogo page that they use FedEx in the USA btw..... It also wouldn't make any sense for them not to require a signature..... They've been doing this for a while and have great customer service.

I would actually prefer they don't require a signature. It's hard to schedule around a random day. I can understand wanting a signature for places with high theft rates.

Jun 19, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #1,938 of 7,693
Im so pissed i didnt know about these until now... i would totally be a indegogo supporter :frowning2:
Anyone knows when and where will it be available in Europe?
From time to time it is beneficial to check the front page of this site, lol...

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #1,939 of 7,693
Do we know how long the usb cables are?

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #1,941 of 7,693
Story time:

Last year, I excitedly bought both the EL-8 Titanium and Sine after wanting both headphones more than anything. Had my eye on the Sine in particular as a potential endgame headphone, but I had also considered paying full price for the EL-8 a few times before it was discontinued. I knew I would only keep one since it drives me crazy when I have too many headphones lying around and trying to decide which headphone to use can introduce unnecessary stress. (At that point I had over half a dozen headphones in my collection...) I plan to narrow down my collection to an “audiophile” headphone and a “gym” headphone with a backup or two.

I came to a rash conclusion to sell the Sine after trying the EL-8 once and being gobsmacked by the transparency of the EL-8, but found over time just before I sold it that I actually preferred the signature of the Sine. The Sine has a delectable signature that’s detailed with pinpoint accurate imaging, with just enough oomph in the mid-bass to make music come alive. As I was in the process of securing a new Sine, which was difficult as it was discontinued, Audeze announced Mobius which I figured would be like a next-generation Sine and/or EL-8. So here I am hoping Mobius lives up to the hype :).

Mobius has everything I’ve wanted in a headphone: planar magnetic drivers, active design with a quality amp/DAC, Bluetooth with AAC, Audeze house design, etc. along with features I didn’t know I’d want like the ability to playback 5.1/7.1 mixes. While I would have paid ~ $100 more for a more premium design with sleeker buttons and some leather, I am happy with the aesthetic of the Mobius. So yeah, Mobius could be the ultimate headphone — at least for me. I’ll choose convenience and cutting-edge tech over the absolute best sound quality, so as long as the sound of the Mobius wows me I’ll be thrilled with Mobius. Audeze is my current favorite headphone brand :wink:.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #1,943 of 7,693
Story time:

Last year, I excitedly bought both the EL-8 Titanium and Sine after wanting both headphones more than anything. Had my eye on the Sine in particular as a potential endgame headphone, but I had also considered paying full price for the EL-8 a few times before it was discontinued. I knew I would only keep one since it drives me crazy when I have too many headphones lying around and trying to decide which headphone to use can introduce unnecessary stress. (At that point I had over half a dozen headphones in my collection...) I plan to narrow down my collection to an “audiophile” headphone and a “gym” headphone with a backup or two.

I came to a rash conclusion to sell the Sine after trying the EL-8 once and being gobsmacked by the transparency of the EL-8, but found over time just before I sold it that I actually preferred the signature of the Sine. The Sine has a delectable signature that’s detailed with pinpoint accurate imaging, with just enough oomph in the mid-bass to make music come alive. As I was in the process of securing a new Sine, which was difficult as it was discontinued, Audeze announced Mobius which I figured would be like a next-generation Sine and/or EL-8. So here I am hoping Mobius lives up to the hype :).

Mobius has everything I’ve wanted in a headphone: planar magnetic drivers, active design with a quality amp/DAC, Bluetooth with AAC, Audeze house design, etc. along with features I didn’t know I’d want like the ability to playback 5.1/7.1 mixes. While I would have paid ~ $100 more for a more premium design with sleeker buttons and some leather, I am happy with the aesthetic of the Mobius. So yeah, Mobius could be the ultimate headphone — at least for me. I’ll choose convenience and cutting-edge tech over the absolute best sound quality, so as long as the sound of the Mobius wows me I’ll be thrilled with Mobius. Audeze is my current favorite headphone brand :wink:.

Oh god. I can't tell if you're just a #1 fan of Audeze or if you're being paid by them. Every post you write about the Mobius is like a gushing love letter lol

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #1,944 of 7,693
Oh god. I can't tell if you're just a #1 fan of Audeze or if you're being paid by them. Every post you write about the Mobius is like a gushing love letter lol

Haven’t even heard any LCD headphones yet lol. Genuine excitement. I’ve been hoping for an active audiophile headphone with Bluetooth for over a year. Wasn’t expecting that headphone to be planar magnetic from Audeze, but that makes it even better.

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #1,945 of 7,693
Jun 19, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #1,946 of 7,693
Haven’t even heard any LCD headphones yet lol. Genuine excitement. I’ve been hoping for an active audiophile headphone with Bluetooth for over a year. Wasn’t expecting that headphone to be planar magnetic from Audeze, but that makes it even better.

Haha don't take it like an insult! You just seem SUPER SUPER stoked. I commend your optimism though.

Jun 19, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #1,948 of 7,693
Haha don't take it like an insult! You just seem SUPER SUPER stoked. I commend your optimism though.

If Mobius is even close to as good as it sounds on paper, then I’ll have my endgame headphone... for now :). Audeze potentially created my dream headphones, other than the gaming aesthetic which thankfully isn’t overdone. There’s one feature I’ve inquired about that if it is incorporated the way I hope then Mobius is basically like what would happen if I made a wishlist of everything I wanted in a headphone.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #1,949 of 7,693
@Audeze Dumb question but I see that in the box it'll have a USB A to C as well as a USB C to C. Will both cables offer the same exactly quality or will USB C to C offer some advantages?
My comp. has both but the USB C port is located on the back of the comp. while I have a USB A slot open on my monitor so USB A would be a bit more convenient but if C to C offers an advantage I guess thats the route to take.

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #1,950 of 7,693
IMO without trying it the only way Mobius could realistically be improved would be with a BMW Designworks design, though Audeze did a very nice job designing in-house. Not sure on the licensing fees for that as it may have pushed the headphones over the $499 price point. Still happy with the aesthetic. There are some other nice ideas like a switchable open/closed-back design, but the practicality of a feature like that would require some innovation due to all the electronics. Maybe in the future we’ll see open-back LCD headphones based off the Mobius platform.

Mobius represents a paradigm for the future of headphones. I believe in ~ 5 years from now (and I’ve made a longer thread regarding this over a year ago) most new flagship headphones will be active with a quality onboard amp/DAC and feature the same quality via Bluetooth and with a wire. I’ll settle for Apple Music AAC until Apple offers a lossless format within Apple Music, so Mobius serves my music-listening needs perfectly at this point in time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back