• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 18, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #1,922 of 7,693
Maybe just actually compare it with the EL-8 for a couple hours and give some initial thoughts here before writing a review? How long do you listen to something before writing a full review? Several days of heavy use seems like the minimum to me.

All of us scheduled for June may get them at a similar time though..... How many hundred or thousand do you think they can ship out in a day?

I guess it depends on when and how they do QC.
Give some pink and white noise burn in pls.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #1,923 of 7,693
Give some pink and white noise burn in pls.

JLab has a burn-in file it offer free to download that includes pink and white noise.

Burn-in is a very debatable subject. There isn't a ton of evidence that it actually improves sound.

"Shure has tested some thoroughly used pairs of its E1 earphones, which first launched in 1997. And guess what? They measure the same now as when they came off the line. In fact, during the 15 years Shure has been actively selling earphones, its engineers have reached the same conclusion again and again: The sound produced by these tiny transducers during final testing is the same sound you'll get in a day, in a year, and in five years... unless something goes wrong."

For many audiophiles though, it's like a ritual they do even if they know it may not have an impact because even if there is the slightest chance the sound will change, why not?

For those interested I will likely post my early impressions and will label them as such so as to not mislead. On the docket is Overwatch (and compare the Mobius virtual surround to dolby atmos for headphones), try them with a variety of music (I listen to everything), and see how it does with 7.1 movies.

It will be interesting to see exactly how fast the head tracking is, as I have a 144 Hz monitor and any lag in the tracking should be noticeable.

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #1,924 of 7,693
JLab has a burn-in file it offer free to download that includes pink and white noise.

Burn-in is a very debatable subject. There isn't a ton of evidence that it actually improves sound.

"Shure has tested some thoroughly used pairs of its E1 earphones, which first launched in 1997. And guess what? They measure the same now as when they came off the line. In fact, during the 15 years Shure has been actively selling earphones, its engineers have reached the same conclusion again and again: The sound produced by these tiny transducers during final testing is the same sound you'll get in a day, in a year, and in five years... unless something goes wrong."

For many audiophiles though, it's like a ritual they do even if they know it may not have an impact because even if there is the slightest chance the sound will change, why not?

For those interested I will likely post my early impressions and will label them as such so as to not mislead. On the docket is Overwatch (and compare the Mobius virtual surround to dolby atmos for headphones), try them with a variety of music (I listen to everything), and see how it does with 7.1 movies.

It will be interesting to see exactly how fast the head tracking is, as I have a 144 Hz monitor and any lag in the tracking should be noticeable.

wow, 144 hz monitor sounds very sophisticated. don't know what's the default for say MacBook or iMac.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #1,925 of 7,693

Doesn't really matter though since the placebo effect for the brain is "very" real and therefore this practice will never cease despite better evidence against it.

Jun 19, 2018 at 5:31 AM Post #1,926 of 7,693
wow, 144 hz monitor sounds very sophisticated. don't know what's the default for say MacBook or iMac.

Not really sophisticated, but crucial for competitive gaming. Especially for CSGO. Afaik they're all 60hz panels in them, not really any use for high refresh rates unless you game at a high level since there's barely anything else pushing those frames.

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #1,928 of 7,693
Does anyone know how to change one's choice of color, at this point?

Jun 19, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,929 of 7,693
Does anyone know how to change one's choice of color, at this point?
Likewise. I wouldn't mind switching to blue. Only got bronze as I have a Sony bluetooth headset in an electric blue. I was a bit blued-out at the time of order, and got bronze. But I think I like these in blue better.

Jun 19, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #1,930 of 7,693

I prefer "brain" burn in (or adjustment) sometimes I'll be listening and a new nuance of sound will pop into the track, much more enjoyable as well as you actually hear the changes and relate. (IMHO)

Jun 19, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,933 of 7,693
They'll undoubtedly update the project and confirm when they are shipping as well as send out an email that includes tracking information. It really isn't something we need to worry about. They're not amateurs. They mentioned on the Indiegogo page that they use FedEx in the USA btw..... It also wouldn't make any sense for them not to require a signature..... They've been doing this for a while and have great customer service.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #1,934 of 7,693
I didn't see any mention of FedEx on the main campaign page. Just that shipping in the USA was free (at the bottom of the Story tab in the FAQs). The reason I was asking was more about where to ship given the lack of clarity on tracking specifically, not that I don't expect Audeze to ship. Anyways, I just changed my address to plan for any contingency, so problem more-or-less solved.

Jun 19, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,935 of 7,693
Don't use a headphone amp into the Mobius's AUX port, the Mobius is completely an active headphone, NO passive mode whatsoever. The AUX port is an analog input into its DAC, not a passive connection directly driving the drivers like other headphones. Using an amplifier into the Mobius AUX port will be at high risk of damage to the headphones. I believe somewhere (can't remember whether on here or Indiegogo) Audeze has stated that it should only be line level power going into the AUX port. People need to be very careful with what they plug into this port.

Hopefully the Aux port is tough enough to handle something like a phone or a sound card, otherwise I can see plenty of "gamers" frying their fancy new headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back