• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Apr 27, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #1,186 of 7,693
It's technically true to say it supports all those features - it just doesn't allow all of them to be used at the same time.

Bluetooth devices rely on different profiles for transmitting different kinds of data. HSP (headset profile) is the profile used for voice communication. HSP is bidirectional, but it's only low bitrate mono audio.

AD2P is the profile used for streaming high quality audio (via SBC, LDAC, AptX or other codec), but it's only unidirectional.

Only one profile can be active at a time on a device, so you have to choose whether you want two-way transmission for low quality voice communication, or one-way transmission for high quality audio.

HFP 1.6 (and on) supports wideband audio (HD Voice). For example, headsets from Plantronics (like Backbeat Pro 2) support it in addition to HSP 1.2. I believe some Sennheiser's support it also.

Apr 27, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #1,187 of 7,693
HFP 1.6 (and on) supports wideband audio (HD Voice). For example, headsets from Plantronics (like Backbeat Pro 2) support it in addition to HSP 1.2. I believe some Sennheiser's support it also.
You mean this?

bluetooth HFP 1.6.png

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #1,188 of 7,693
To be honest: it's generally possible to build a breakoutbox that "could" work somewhat properly.
It's just that every diy solution I can think of would probably create too much lag.

Main Problem: it would probably need to run Windows and accept Full 7.1 Line-In that has to be decoded before or in Windows itself.
It's very unlikely but certainly very fun to try.

I do know a few people that are like me: already eager to try something .
If we should get something to work there will definitely be a thread on head-fi.

Easily possible using 802.11ad

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #1,189 of 7,693
Edit: Sorry for speaking German. My mistake:joy:

I find it rather disconcerting that Audeze is avoiding any kind of communication since the discussion about the case=/=bag arose.
The campaign has reached the streatch goal days ago, yet there has been no update, nothing from Audeze at all.

Ich finde die komplette Funkstille von Audeze seit das Thema mit Case oder Bag aufgekommen ist langsam etwas befremdlich. Mittlerweile sind wir schon ewig bei über einer Million und es gab kein Update, gar nichts mehr.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #1,190 of 7,693
Edit: Sorry for speaking German. My mistake:joy:

I find it rather disconcerting that Audeze is avoiding any kind of communication since the discussion about the case=/=bag arose.
The campaign has reached the streatch goal days ago, yet there has been no update, nothing from Audeze at all.

Ich finde die komplette Funkstille von Audeze seit das Thema mit Case oder Bag aufgekommen ist langsam etwas befremdlich. Mittlerweile sind wir schon ewig bei über einer Million und es gab kein Update, gar nichts mehr.

I wouldn't worry too much. It might very well have been a mistake to call it a case in the first update, and now they're trying to decide what to do and how to announce it. And those things—at least speaking from experience in the companies I've worked for so far—simply take time. Any further post in one or the other direction by their team could fuel the fire more, so they're not saying anything until they have something concrete. Might not be the best way to handle it, but I've been in various companies and organizations that did the exact same thing in those situations.

Apr 28, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #1,191 of 7,693
I wouldn't worry too much. It might very well have been a mistake to call it a case in the first update, and now they're trying to decide what to do and how to announce it. And those things—at least speaking from experience in the companies I've worked for so far—simply take time. Any further post in one or the other direction by their team could fuel the fire more, so they're not saying anything until they have something concrete. Might not be the best way to handle it, but I've been in various companies and organizations that did the exact same thing in those situations.

That's my guess too, but I consider that bad practice of it's the case. They should have just been upfront about it and cleared it up, less long term animosity.

I'm more worried about them hampering their reputation than I am about probably only getting a bag.
I want this company to be loved for some reason, even though I'm not the biggest fan of their products. (I definitely like them but I always found the price tag far too steep for how they look and what I'm getting in the sound departement, be it planar or not, simply not worth twice the amount of a hd660, dt1990, Fostex/Denon ...)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #1,193 of 7,693
Wonder how the certification (LDAC) is coming. That will be an exciting announcement should it come soon and production can begin.
In thought the mobius is already ldac compatible

Apr 28, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #1,194 of 7,693
Apr 29, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #1,197 of 7,693
Jumped into the deal for 5 headphones with 3 other people)) Let's see when it is going to be shipped in Russia and how the Mobius will work))

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #1,199 of 7,693
This lack of updates is worrying. I wonder if they will postpone the shipment.

Huh? The Kickstart campaign hasn't finished yet and we're more than a month (at the very least) from any units shipping per original schedule. Audeze has had several updates and actively participates in this thread.

How is anything "worrying" at this stage?

Man, people are impatient.

Note: The sky is, in fact, NOT falling.

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #1,200 of 7,693
Sure thing but there is no update on this stretch goal (personally I don't care too much about it as I only want to receive a decent pair of headphones). But to be honest I'm pretty excited for Mobius as it will be my door to planar-magnetic realm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back