Bose
10097125_thumb.jpeg

Sony
sony_wh-1000xm2_wireless_noise_cancelling_headphones.jpg

Sennheiser
55bb9b38227e14ea798c93313a9e8d35.500
Sennheiser-HD419-best-headphones-for-watching-movies-on-laptop.jpg

I can go on...

You're right! They're all headphones made in a similar way, possibly for to the shape of the human head!

Seriously, though, there's no real copying other than what HAS to be similar.

Edit: I meant to respond to Satir, not you, TIdalWave. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #977 of 7,693
Hi, my name is Vader2k, nice to meet you! :grin: I define myself as a gamer first and foremost, and I'm Team Blue all the way. Why do I like them so much? They remind me of TRON. And TRON rules (the original; not so much Legacy). That said, I realize I'm in the minority and I understand the argument that lots of "gamer" products are geared towards overt flashiness and not so much towards well-executed design. However, I think the the Mobius is well designed with a touch of flair that makes it fun, but not in your face.
I'm also a gamer and I like the blue more than copper! I like it because of the contrast of it against the black and I don't really have anything that looks like it.

Now, if the copper was orange I'd be all over it.

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #978 of 7,693
I do see where Satir is coming from, there are a few design similarities, but most headphones aimed at the consumer market kinda look alike and share design language. It's not a problem. To be fair, it looks like the Bose got most of its headband from the Beats line.

Apr 11, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #979 of 7,693
I'm also a gamer and I like the blue more than copper! I like it because of the contrast of it against the black and I don't really have anything that looks like it.

Now, if the copper was orange I'd be all over it.

Don't we gamers like to RGB everything :stuck_out_tongue:
Colours depend on personal preference/taste, just like PC cases, peripherals etc. Some like the stealth look, others all flashy and some like things to be subtle with some flair. If these had the Audeze logo on the ear cup with customizable RGB then they would definitely be more appealing to me personally but I am a bland kind of guy anyway judging my my setup.

https://i.imgur.com/QJ9O7PP.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #981 of 7,693
If I recall correctly, there was a team blue during the initial hype, so yes, there are people who like that color.

Ironically, I'm a man who prefers the understated, classy designs and black finishes, yet I still argue that a product aimed at gamers will more than likely need a touch of color to bring some attention to itself. I do like that I can differentiate between my 'gaming' headset/headphone, and my non-gaming one. I use a white Sennheiser Game One, and that sucker isn't gonna be mistaken for a non-gaming piece of gear, lol.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #982 of 7,693
Don't we gamers like to RGB everything :stuck_out_tongue:
Colours depend on personal preference/taste, just like PC cases, peripherals etc. Some like the stealth look, others all flashy and some like things to be subtle with some flair. If these had the Audeze logo on the ear cup with customizable RGB then they would definitely be more appealing to me personally but I am a bland kind of guy anyway judging my my setup.

https://i.imgur.com/QJ9O7PP.jpg
Man, I wish it was RGB... I'd love to be able to change the colors when I want. That'll be in Mobius v2.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #985 of 7,693
Honestly RGB--and any LEDs in general--is an annoyance on headphones for anyone who travels with their headphones or uses them in a dark room with other people nearby. I understand LEDs on stationary computer cases and mice and such, as those stay at a desk, but have you ever sat in an airplane next to someone else with bright lights flashing in their face? I had to tape over a side of a pair of Monoprice bluetooth headphones which were blinking bright blue or green when operational.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #988 of 7,693
RGB, on a bluetooth headset, NO THANKS. That eats a lot of battery time, would be probably down to like 5 hrs from the already low side of things 10 hrs (the very minimum battery time worth pursuing in BT mode).

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 11, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #989 of 7,693
RGB, on a bluetooth headset, NO THANKS. That eats a lot of battery time, would be probably down to like 5 hrs from the already low side of things 10 hrs (the very minimum battery time worth pursuing in BT mode).
That's why you would be able to turn it off. :wink:

Most gamers probably aren't going to be using it in Bluetooth mode, anyway... They're more likely to connect it via USB for the 5.1 goodness.

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #990 of 7,693
I am apparently crap at crafting puns. :wink:

Legitimately, I wouldn't care for an RGB headphone. My keyboard, sure, because I can customize my backlighting on a per-game basis if I want. My mouse has RGB options but they're completely disabled because it'd be hidden under my hand when I'm playing. On a headphone? That definitely wouldn't match my tastes.

I know not everyone will agree, but the Mobius is a headphone I'd feel comfortable wearing out in public. In fact, I'll be doing just that when it arrives. I don't think I'd do that if it was lit up like a Pink Floyd gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back