• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Apr 11, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #961 of 7,693
The design of the Mobius is a bit under appreciated. It’s gorgeous without being gaudy. Other than the exterior of the earcup looking a tad less sleek, they look like a nicely-designed pair of headphones with solid lines. Nice job to Audeze’s in-house(?) team if they look this good in person. :o2smile:

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #962 of 7,693
The design of the Mobius is a bit under appreciated. It’s gorgeous without being gaudy. Other than the exterior of the earcup looking a tad less sleek, they look like a nicely-designed pair of headphones

This.
While I do not necessarily conform to MLE's argument that "it's obvious for them designing it for their target audience", since the "gamer asthetic" is often the biggest gripe most gamers have with their gaming equipment. (I've yet to speak to a single "Gamer" that likes the blue over the copper version for example.) PC case manufacturers have realised this a few years back changing their designs from overly garish to what it is today.

Still, I agree it's not something we could change at this point and to be frank, I think Audeze has nicely balanced the design between being a head turner for the younger gen and looking sleek and subdued at the same time. It's like the best of both worlds.

If I could give out a price for thoughtful Design Audeze would get it.

Which surprised me since I tend to NOT particularily like their LCD headphones in terms of Design. Always thought they looked "handcrafted" in a bad way. Like someone used scrap parts for a diy project (though they are obviously not feeling that way when held in hand).
Though that is a Function over Form field anyway.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #963 of 7,693
OT - at the risk of coming across as a total sleaze, this lady took my breath away even more than the headphones!

Who is she?! Rare for me to see someone who turns my head!

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #964 of 7,693
This may be an argument for another day, especially on an audiophile site, but when I use wired headphones I can’t help but feel the wire has been obsoleted since wireless headphones are almost good enough to replace it. I look forward to owning Mobius so I can stream AAC files with no quality loss. Cipher was a nice gateway to that wireless future.

Now all we need is a low-latency universal, standardized lossless wireless codec... that also supports 5.1/7.1 streams. :)

Then the 3.5mm wire will frankly be obsolete for all but the most picky purists.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #965 of 7,693
That rting list is ridiculous. Astros being a hair under a HD800S for CRITICAL LISTENING? I'mma take a pass on that site.

Apr 11, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #966 of 7,693
That rting list is ridiculous. Astros being a hair under a HD800S for CRITICAL LISTENING? I'mma take a pass on that site.
To play devil's advocate, I think it's more to do with the tonal balance of Astros., Not sure if you were talking about the A40s in this, but the A40s DO have a very mid and treble centric balance, where it absolutely is focused more on details. Now, we can argue the level of quality in the drivers between an HD800 and A40, but it doesn't take a TOTL headphone to do critical listening. Remember, they're being objective, and measurements do line up.

Now if they were talking about A50s... that's a whole other story. The ones I listened to were really sloppy and boomy.

To stay on topic. I'd have a feeling the Mobius wouldn't do too hot in critical listening, due to the high level of bass presence. But I'd still argue the very linear tuning otherwise would look good in measurements.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #967 of 7,693
All I can say is that I can't wait to get them to (in this specific order) :
- Watch immersive movies
- Game !!!
- just chill with a few tunes.

They hit all those boxes, and for me the price point is on par.
I think people might expect this being an LCD-3 minimum sound quality simply because of the brand that is making it.
If Logitech was making a headphone with all these features, at a similar price point , would people be expecting as much or less from an Audeze?
I don't want to base myself on a few impressions people had in a huge venue with a ton of noise.
Unless it's party time every night at your house, this won't be my case. So i'm expecting a great overall product, and not trying to read too much about first impressions.
I can't wait !!!

Cya!

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #970 of 7,693
n/a

Attachments

• mobius.jpeg
    mobius.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • qc25.jpeg
    qc25.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #971 of 7,693
Seriously? If that's the case, then Bose has copyrighted anything with oval earcups and a headband.

Gimme a break.

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #975 of 7,693
This.
While I do not necessarily conform to MLE's argument that "it's obvious for them designing it for their target audience", since the "gamer asthetic" is often the biggest gripe most gamers have with their gaming equipment. (I've yet to speak to a single "Gamer" that likes the blue over the copper version for example.) PC case manufacturers have realised this a few years back changing their designs from overly garish to what it is today.

Still, I agree it's not something we could change at this point and to be frank, I think Audeze has nicely balanced the design between being a head turner for the younger gen and looking sleek and subdued at the same time. It's like the best of both worlds.

If I could give out a price for thoughtful Design Audeze would get it.

Which surprised me since I tend to NOT particularily like their LCD headphones in terms of Design. Always thought they looked "handcrafted" in a bad way. Like someone used scrap parts for a diy project (though they are obviously not feeling that way when held in hand).
Though that is a Function over Form field anyway.

Hi, my name is Vader2k, nice to meet you! :grin: I define myself as a gamer first and foremost, and I'm Team Blue all the way. Why do I like them so much? They remind me of TRON. And TRON rules (the original; not so much Legacy). That said, I realize I'm in the minority and I understand the argument that lots of "gamer" products are geared towards overt flashiness and not so much towards well-executed design. However, I think the the Mobius is well designed with a touch of flair that makes it fun, but not in your face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back