• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Sep 3, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #6,181 of 7,693
You can turn on 7.1 if connected via USB and then turn off headtracking.

You get the 7.1 without the headtracking/fake reverb

I don't think this is 3D room emulation, basically with 3D off (head tracking and virtualization), the internal DAC would just mux everything into two channel, so no 3D room effect.

That's too bad, I'm very surprise and disappointed at Audeze for not including the option to turn off just head tracking!

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #6,182 of 7,693
What in the holy hell happened to this thread? Jesus...

Audeze is doing their best here and things are out of their hands after it's shipped. You would think that is simple freaking common sense.

I miss the days of hiss-gate. At least the complaints were founded. This? THIS? This is just whining for the sake of whining.

The complaints about emails?

I have no words for that kind of... I'll just leave that to myself.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #6,183 of 7,693
It would be best if we focused on the actual product feedback and bug reports here--not shipping logistics. This is a review thread. If anyone has a problem with shipping, they should contact Audeze, not spam up this thread, as this is head-fi, not Audeze's customer support forum. I posted descriptions of bugs, and that's already like 2-3 pages back now in no time.

Sep 3, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #6,184 of 7,693
It would be best if we focused on the actual product feedback and bug reports here--not shipping logistics. This is a review thread. If anyone has a problem with shipping, they should contact Audeze, not spam up this thread, as this is head-fi, not Audeze's customer support forum. I posted descriptions of bugs, and that's already like 2-3 pages back now in no time.
The review thread is at https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-impressions.887808/.
This thread has become the place to update each other on shipping, pretty much, and that is OK, since there is another thread for actual reviews.

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #6,185 of 7,693
I'm backer #5260 on IndieGoGo, so I'm one of the late ones.
I still haven't heard or received anything, so is this normal? (Genuine Question)
Does anybody know anything about the shipping statement? Last email updates predicated that shipping should be over by the end of August.

Sep 3, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #6,186 of 7,693
I'm backer #5260 on IndieGoGo, so I'm one of the late ones.
I still haven't heard or received anything, so is this normal? (Genuine Question)
Does anybody know anything about the shipping statement? Last email updates predicated that shipping should be over by the end of August.

It certainly isn't normal, but people have been receiving their units without any shipment or tracking information as of late, so just be on the lookout if you can be. You might get a brown box at your door without warning.

Sep 3, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #6,187 of 7,693
Wow.

Most people would agree first come first serve, apparently you think the sun rises and sets for you alone
"To Whom it May Concern": & I'll add my name to this list.

If Life hasn't already taught you the fact that the saying "I feel your pain" is just a semi - meaningful , highly inaccurate 'Concept' (because concepts are..... Concepts) I'm leaving this reminder here ! Bookmark it if necessary.

The truth is most of us have enough of our Own aggravations ! WE can't help you ! (Bookmark this also,if necessary) No one is right, no one is wrong or as Dave Mason sang "There ain't no Good Guys ! There ain't no Bad Guys !! It's only You & Me & we just Disagree"

Yeah that's it from now on you have to use Song Lyrics to voice your points of view

Sep 3, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #6,188 of 7,693
Another week. No tracking number. No package mysteriously appearing. Just salty tears. Maybe team blue has to wait because audeze doesn't want team copper to get too salty ya know. When people find out how much better blue looks than copper they will be super salty.

#13XX, and Blue. Nothing as of yet.

Really looking forward to these though, as these will be my first set of planars. Up to this point, the headset I've enjoyed the most are Senheiser's Game One.

Sep 3, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #6,189 of 7,693
oops posted this in the wrong thread on accident. impressions & headphone discussions are now here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-impressions.887808/

I don't game too much anymore. I did play about half an hour of Deus Ex the other day with these and it's pretty good though I don't know if it's worldly different than standard virtual surround with 2 Channel. But then again, I was more frustrated with not remembering the keyboard bindings than anything.

What I have been doing, surprisingly, is really enjoying these as pure wireless hi-res music headphones. I've been wearing them outside in my yard and around the house. They sound great and battery lasts all day. I have barely used it wired since the first day I got it now. I think what makes this headphone beat all other wireless bluetoot headphones is pretty plain and simple:

1) AMPING POWER
2) AMPING POWER
3) AMPING POWER
oh, and LDAC helps too!

The biggest weakness I have ever heard with all the other premium bluetooth headphones (Audio-Technica, for example) is you hear a significant difference in how the headphones sound when amped through wired connection vs amped through it's built-in bluetooth. With the internal Audeze amp, this is not an issue at all with the headphones despite being planar magnetic and typically requiring more power than most dynamic drivers. I am really impressed to be honest. I hope other manufactures add better internals to their wireless headphones in the future.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #6,190 of 7,693
What in the holy hell happened to this thread? Jesus...

Audeze is doing their best here and things are out of their hands after it's shipped. You would think that is simple freaking common sense.

I miss the days of hiss-gate. At least the complaints were founded. This? THIS? This is just whining for the sake of whining. Me

The complaints about emails?

I have no words for that kind of... I'll just leave that to myself.

I actually have a loicense to complain! Do you?

bateman.gif

Sep 3, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #6,191 of 7,693
Putting forward a motion to change the thread name to "Audeze Mobius Shipping-Complaint Circlejerk".

This is thread has become a very literal embodiment of degeneracy; it's unbefitting and disrespectful to Audeze, who have been doing an outstanding job in all areas of crowdfunding a product.

I'm glad I'd unsubscribed to this thread, but wish I didn't come back to check if had gotten any better, it hasn't.

Sep 3, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #6,192 of 7,693
That's what I need to do unsubscribe. Literally it is a bunch of entitled first world complaining over a product you don't even have yet. Just complaining over shipping you got the damn product for $249 I paid $423 got the stand with it. Did you pay more than me crybaby indiegogo backers? No you did not. Like every other thing you buy on the internet it will ship and it will showup at your door step no different than any other time. When mine ships it will ship then it will come then it will show up at door pretty simple concept. Audeze you are doing a great job with all of it. Don't let all these first world baby's unfounded complaints ever get to you. This thread did one thing right it showed how entitled and materialistic people really are.

Sep 3, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #6,193 of 7,693
How do you think the Mobius 7.1 will compare to this surround codec? https://dts.com/headphonex Is this something via a firmware update that could become available on the Mobius or is it more complicated than that?

Sep 3, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #6,194 of 7,693
How do you think the Mobius 7.1 will compare to this surround codec? https://dts.com/headphonex Is this something via a firmware update that could become available on the Mobius or is it more complicated than that?

I have a feeling its more complicated than just switching between them and might require major software rework if its even possible at all... not to mention that I would assume there are licensing fees and other considerations to use dts tech.

The mobius specifically uses waves nx tech here, which already has the capacity for head tracking built in. You could potentially use any other vss you wanted (I currently use sennheiser gsx) with the mobius as long as its being processed externally then fed as a 2 channel source to the mobius. You would get virtual surround, but would have to shut off the built in 3d abilites of the mobius (including head tracking).

Sep 3, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #6,195 of 7,693
The fact that Audeze thinks it is acceptable to send shipping notifications of $200 items into spam shows how poor the leadership is in this company. I get way too much spam to ever see one email there. They seriously can't come up with a better system?

It's your email provider, not Audeze that chooses to put the email in a spam folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back