• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #3,452 of 7,693
Why are we making excuses for any level of "hiss" being acceptable? I don't understand in what realm this is OK. Are we supposed to be ok with an audible hiss in the background during quiet moments of movies? Or games? Saying that it's only "audiophile ears" that can hear it is also ridiculous. Every single person that's received these headphones has reported the same thing. If your simply OK with an annoying audible hiss in the background of your headphones, well, I think your crazy. If Audeze's engineers for some reason think audible background noise is acceptable, well, I likely will never buy another Audeze product.

Also, I want to believe that Audeze requested a return to shipper on a lot of these headphones...but since DHL has provided an alternate reasoning I'd like confirmation from @Audeze on that. If DHL starts to refuse shipments because if the batteries this is going to turn into a real gong show.

I hate to be so negative like this, but this whole process has become pretty frustrating. First negative opinions of the headphones, potential defects, now returned headphones...ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 30, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #3,454 of 7,693
Why are we making excuses for any level of "hiss" being acceptable? I don't understand in what realm this is OK. Are we supposed to be ok with an audible hiss in the background during quiet moments of movies? Or games? Saying that it's only "audiophile ears" that can hear it is also ridiculous. Every single person that's received these headphones has reported the same thing. If your simply OK with an annoying audible hiss in the background of your headphones, well, I think your crazy. If Audeze's engineers for some reason think audible background noise is acceptable, well, I likely will never buy another Audeze product.

Also, I want to believe that Audeze requested a return to shipper on a lot of these headphones...but since DHL has provided an alternate reasoning I'd like confirmation from @Audeze on that. If DHL starts to refuse shipments because if the batteries this is going to turn into a real gong show.

I hate to be so negative like this, but this whole process has become pretty frustrating. First negative opinions of the headphones, potential defects, now returned headphones...ugh.

Opinions have been pretty positive besides the probable hissing defect. At least they did the right thing by intercepting the packages instead of continuing with the shipments and sending out a bunch of defective units.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #3,455 of 7,693
If return to shipper is indeed triggered by Audeze pulling units back to work on this hiss issue, then I give Audeze a big thumbs up.
Means they've been up working weekends and nights to monitor initial impressions of their 1st gaming headphone launch.
It's a bit abrupt to have them ship back without informing customers, but i think it needed to be done and was the best course of action in this case.

Coming from an automotive background, not even Tesla would pull back shipments for qc, nevermind the rest of the industry.

That being said, these were intended to be my travel cans, so the hiss would've been inaudible since roaring jet engines are a tad louder.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #3,456 of 7,693
Opinions have been pretty positive besides the probable hissing defect. At least they did the right thing by intercepting the packages instead of continuing with the shipments and sending out a bunch of defective units.

There needs to be confirmation from Audeze they've requested a stop delivery on the shipments. There is no confirmation, this is only an assumption on your part hoping for the best.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #3,457 of 7,693
A lesser company, especially on Indiegogo, would have continued with shipments if they had already produced a sizable number of units then said “it’s operating as intended, too bad.” It’s blatant Audeze cares about consumers receiving perfect units. They have a lot riding on Mobius.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #3,458 of 7,693
There needs to be confirmation from Audeze they've requested a stop delivery on the shipments. There is no confirmation, this is only an assumption on your part hoping for the best.

Timing certainly makes sense, and regardless of the reason it’s being returned to shipper I think they’ll fix it since every undelivered unit is being sent back to the factory.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #3,459 of 7,693
I had the hiss (REALLY loud) when I used a cable I had lying around, but when I used either of the 2 cables (USB A to C or C to C) which were provided in the box with the headphones, no more hiss.

Works good so far for me.

XfPMUsX.jpg

rMpa4oy

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #3,461 of 7,693
DHL was requiring a signature as default on mine. I doubt they would return to shipper if someone wasn't there to sign. Seems like they would just try again or request permission to deliver without signature (one of my texts from them asked about this).

Return to sender is an interesting movement.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #3,462 of 7,693
DHL was requiring a signature as default on mine. I doubt they would return to shipper if someone wasn't there to sign. Seems like they would just try again or request permission to deliver without signature (one of my texts from them asked about this).

Be prepared for a recall on the initial deliveries, which sounds like it will only affect a couple dozen people. Hopefully QC is tightened and every Mobius is perfect from this point.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #3,464 of 7,693

Mine never left HK. So it wasn't a signature issue at all. My guess based off of the rep was they didn't label the packages correctly in order to ship items with lithium batteries.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #3,465 of 7,693
tl;dr the last the last 200+ pages.

Hype. Hype. Hype. Delays. Out of town. Crying. Delays. Logistics. Unacceptable. Where are my headphones? Hype. Where is Audeze? Unprofessional. Crying. Missed shipping dates. Theirs shipped but mine didn't. Hiss. Hiss. Crying. Hiss. Unacceptable. They better answer for this. Hiss. Hiss. Cry. Hiss. Return to shipper.

I do hope they get this whole debacle under control. I was looking forward to them. I also hope a few individuals in this thread can get some rest tonight and not let this consume their entire life.

Looks like I'm gonna pick up the Waves bluetooth head tracker to go along with the software. Hold me over until this is resolved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back