Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #3,436 of 7,693
Hmm. Got a delivery status update; Returned to Shipper :frowning2:
Not sure what happened but potential heads up.

Same here. Both of my units were returned to shipper. Looks like Audeze will examine the units and fix the hiss. A little disappointed but it’s better than the alternative of receiving them and sending them back immediately afterwards.

Kudos to Audeze for the swift turnaround on this issue!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #3,437 of 7,693
Eh. It’s acceptable. It’s not loud. The music & movies sound great! I think the commentary is chasing a criticism which is probably not a deal breaker for most and is not for me. As I stated PAGES ago. It’s not a deal breaker for me.

Guys. These things sound really good.

Is the background black as the pit of death? No.

Do they sound better than the PX & QC35? Yes.
(isine is still the best portable sound)

Are they comfy as heck? Yes.

Are they sexy? No.

Are they amazing for surround? Absolutely, you already know this.

Are you ok with this trade off for this performance at this price? If mine is working as intended, I’ll be fine.

Though everyone should temper expectations around it. If mine are indeed working as intended, They’re not a zero compromise solution & will probably dash @MICHAELSD’s hopes of One Ring to Rule Them All.

Good to know. I don’t care how they look because I actually like the aesthetic design. Plus they won’t be leaving my desk. Typically there will be a lot of noise around me so I can probably ignore it to some degree. If I am at my desk I have a game going and probably a twitch stream running or something on netflix. Super excited still no matter what goes down.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #3,438 of 7,693
My impressions from a non audiophile with tinnitus. These things sound amazing and were worth the wait. For 200 it’s an absurdly good value. I am blown away. I wish I still had my sines to compare directly but the Mobius sounds better to my untrained ears and it’s wireless. I’ll wait to hear from Audeze on the noise floor but I think it’s probably being overblown a bit here. This is a tough crowd. Most nonheadfiers probably won’t notice or care. I can’t pick it up with music playing. I compared these to my Sony sp700n anc and the sound is comparable to anc being on and a little louder than anc off. I’ve yet to find bt headsets with zero hiss.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #3,440 of 7,693
Me too. I'm calling DHL right now to see what's going on.

I think it’s pretty obvious that Audeze requested a return to shipper to examine and fix the hissing issue. I’m assuming that they have already found that the hiss is not within spec otherwise they would not have pulled the shipments.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #3,443 of 7,693
Yep, I got a returned to shipper notification as well. Maybe in lue of the hissing comments that’s being posted here on head-fi Audeze had to shipments turned around for further evaluation. At least that’s what I’m hoping happened.

Jul 30, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #3,448 of 7,693
I agree with you, this sounds very strange. But that's what the rep told me.

Rep was just making an assumption since they wouldn’t have specific details available.

I’d bet Audeze told DHL to return all packages so that they can fix the hissing issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back