• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #3,482 of 7,693
My post was hoping people would calm down and let things sort itself out. Get over yourself.
Well.I honestly don't want to get involved with the current " Is it a hissing problem or something else else ". I do have 1 request/complaint can we stop calling it the USB C connector & call it by it's other name , a USB 'mini' connector (At least that is what it appears to be looking at the headphones: I have a few Audioquest USB A to USB 'mini' cables )

It's bad enough we should be using USB cables at all for anything more than PC data transfer; to be stuck with using the Computer terminology is just "pushing it" as far as I'm concerned ! (He,he,he... I'm just glad I have a few AQ 'Jitterbugs' lying around to plug my USB cables into before I plug them into anything)

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #3,484 of 7,693
Well.I honestly don't want to get involved with the current " Is it a hissing problem or something else else ". I do have 1 request/complaint can we stop calling it the USB C connector & call it by it's other name , a USB 'mini' connector (At least that is what it appears to be looking at the headphones: I have a few Audioquest USB A to USB 'mini' cables )

It's bad enough we should be using USB cables at all for anything more than PC data transfer; to be stuck with using the Computer terminology is just "pushing it" as far as I'm concerned ! (He,he,he... I'm just glad I have a few AQ 'Jitterbugs' lying around to plug my USB cables into before I plug them into anything)

No. It's USB-C. Trust.

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #3,485 of 7,693
I do have 1 request/complaint can we stop calling it the USB C connector & call it by it's other name , a USB 'mini' connector (At least that is what it appears to be looking at the headphones: I have a few Audioquest USB A to USB 'mini' cables )

It's bad enough we should be using USB cables at all for anything more than PC data transfer; to be stuck with using the Computer terminology is just "pushing it"

If they called them USB "mini" cables (which they aren't) then people like you would get upset when they don't fit the cables they use on their "Jitterbugs"

USB C is USB C

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:49 PM Post #3,486 of 7,693
mini-USB is old tech and needs to go away. USB-C is here and it needs to get more popular.

Jul 30, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #3,487 of 7,693
For music, I definitely recommend trying the music preset with 3D on. Soundstage & a really nice EQ curve. Without 3D, "music" can get a little congested sounding with it's heavily warm curve. But with 3D opening it up... Pretty nice.

My curiosity is piqued. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be able to “move” around a soundstage. That is, pan to the left and the guitar is front and center, pan to the right the cello is front and center, etc. Could be a totally different experience and really bring out the minute details in a track! My expectations aren’t sky high for the 3D effects with music but it could be cool to make music listening more interactive.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #3,488 of 7,693
My curiosity is piqued. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to be able to “move” around a soundstage. That is, pan to the left and the guitar is front and center, pan to the right the cello is front and center, etc. Could be a totally different experience and really bring out the minute details a track! My expectations aren’t sky high for the 3D effects with music but it could be cool to make music listening more interactive.

It's not so much the panning but the soundstage and presentation. I actually wish I could turn off the tracking and use 3D for the music preset. The 3D auto is close enough since it re-centers to the front of your head if your head is in a new stationary position. It's a good solution to allow tilting but also follow you.

Just put my iSine back in. Wow. These things are just giant killers. The Mobius does sound better than the PX & QC 35 in many ways, but not all. For example, while it has the resolution and mids, the others have larger soundstage (both uncommonly large for a closed back, mind you).

But the iSine. Jeebus. It will make you stop someone on the street and say "you HAVE to hear this." I own no other headphones that make me feel this way.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #3,489 of 7,693
It's not so much the panning but the soundstage and presentation. I actually wish I could turn off the tracking and use 3D for the music preset. The 3D auto is close enough since it re-centers to the front of your head if your head is in a new stationary position. It's a good solution to allow tilting but also follow you.

Just put my iSine back in. Wow. These things are just giant killers. The Mobius does sound better than the PX & QC 35 in many ways, but not all. For example, while it has the resolution and mids, the others have larger soundstage (both uncommonly large for a closed back, mind you).

But the iSine. Jeebus. It will make you stop someone on the street and say "you HAVE to hear this." I own no other headphones that make me feel this way.

I might re-visit the iSine but despite my best efforts I simply couldn’t get a good fit with the iSine10 which is a shame because Audeze makes some of the most desirable audio products on the market. Maybe in the future if they ever go wireless...

Still hyped for Mobius!

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #3,491 of 7,693
Actually, correction of the above. Music setting with 3D on MURDERS the PX & QC35 on Soundstage. With 3D off, it's pretty closed sounding but good Lord.

If these could be set to new defaults, I'd swap to having music with 3D auto as my default settings. And yes, I'd prefer it even more if I could turn off head tracking.

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #3,492 of 7,693
just get a bluetooth TRN cable.

Not to veer off topic but I’d be curious if a truly wireless design would be possible with the iSine, with AAC and LDAC like Mobius. Maybe by that time there will be more lossless codecs as well. Anyway I’m sure I’ll be happy with Mobius for a good while :L3000:

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #3,493 of 7,693
Actually, correction of the above. Music setting with 3D on MURDERS the PX & QC35 on Soundstage. With 3D off, it's pretty closed sounding but good Lord.

If these could be set to new defaults, I'd swap to having music with 3D auto as my default settings. And yes, I'd prefer it even more if I could turn off head tracking.

Thats what all the impressions I’ve heard say. Much larger soundstage than PX or QC35. These will be in a class of their own as wireless over-ears.

Jul 31, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #3,494 of 7,693
I might re-visit the iSine but despite my best efforts I simply couldn’t get a good fit with the iSine10 which is a shame because Audeze makes some of the most desirable audio products on the market. Maybe in the future if they ever go wireless...

Still hyped for Mobius!

If you do, get the MandarinE tips. Foam reinforcement of silicone is AWESOME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back