• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #3,378 of 7,693
Wow, I'm extremely disappointed to hear about this hiss issue. I highly doubt this issue is isolated, it seems every unit received so far has this same issue. I don't understand how this can possibly be considered acceptable. The headphones are designed for gaming and movies, the exact two situations where an audible hiss will cause the most annoyance.

How could something like this be missed with QC? Especially when it's audible with basically all inputs. It doesn't even make sense, they would have had to not listen to the headphones at all to miss this...

I'm really regretting investing in these early right now. This is definitely the last product I ever pre-purchase.

I don't understand either how anyone can think this is acceptable at $200 or $400. We should not hear audible hiss from a crappy amp. If it's related to the battery...aren't they always charging while it's plugged in? Man, I was so excited for these headphones.

I really hope that the sky isn't falling here and that this is fixable. Its hard not to be kind of upset though...I'm also in the "ride the waves" tier, I hope mine haven't shipped now and they can address this before shipping.

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #3,379 of 7,693
I'm getting a white/pink noise that is ever present across sources when it's on. Audeze reached out to me to help debug. Sounds like they 1) Care about this 2) Are surprised to hear it.

I might be an isolated case here. We'll see!

@AlwaysForward Did anything interesting come out of Audeze reaching out to you about the hissing? Do you have any impression as to whether they plan on doing something about it?

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #3,380 of 7,693
I will reiterate. I only hear it *ever so slightly* during total silence....not while listening to something.

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #3,381 of 7,693
I will reiterate. I only hear it *ever so slightly* during total silence....not while listening to something.

If it's audible at all during silent moments in your game or movies, that isn't acceptable.

If you can tolerate it then that's up to you I guess, this won't be something I can tolerate though (nor should it be something we have to tolerate).

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #3,386 of 7,693
It’s unfortunate about the hissing. Hopefully they get it worked out before shipping anymore out (if it’s something that can’t be fixed through firmware). Many folks probably don’t like to hear that as it would mean more delays.

Honestly though if it’s not louder than the constant ringing in my ears I probably won’t have a problem blocking it out lol.

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #3,387 of 7,693
Wow, I'm extremely disappointed to hear about this hiss issue. I highly doubt this issue is isolated, it seems every unit received so far has this same issue. I don't understand how this can possibly be considered acceptable. The headphones are designed for gaming and movies, the exact two situations where an audible hiss will cause the most annoyance.

How could something like this be missed with QC? Especially when it's audible with basically all inputs. It doesn't even make sense, they would have had to not listen to the headphones at all to miss this...

I'm really regretting investing in these early right now. This is definitely the last product I ever pre-purchase.

I don't understand either how anyone can think this is acceptable at $200 or $400. We should not hear audible hiss from a crappy amp. If it's related to the battery...aren't they always charging while it's plugged in? Man, I was so excited for these headphones.

I really hope that the sky isn't falling here and that this is fixable. Its hard not to be kind of upset though...I'm also in the "ride the waves" tier, I hope mine haven't shipped now and they can address this before shipping.

From what we have heard it sound like the hiss is definitely not the intended function of Mobius, and some units may be defective. It would be a bit disappointing for early backers (and Audeze too I’m sure) to receive their Mobius this week only to have to ship it back to Audeze if it’s not an isolated issue. In 2018 from a high-end audio brand I would not expect any hiss in an active/wireless headphone.

If you’re waiting on a later tier then consider yourself lucky since I’m sure the issue will be fixed by then. It’s just the growing pains of production. It’s the same reason I put a deposit down on a Tesla Model 3 in March 2016 and am waiting to finalize my order until the car is 100% polished. Normally I don’t mind waiting longer for perfected production but I supported Mobius early on with no regrets at all. I’ll just have to consider myself being in the first 50 backers as a beta tester to help Audeze perfect production by reporting and working with them to address any issues or defects. Though I do still expect there is a chance that this is an isolated issue and my units will be perfect, especially since the production of early units was overseen by Audeze’s CEO and upper management.

Either way Mobius will be perfect sooner rather than later and the company will be monitoring it very closely. Again, it’s extremely unlikely that later units will exhibit any form of hiss at all.

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #3,389 of 7,693
Nice list of music available in surround to check out while waiting for my "early bird" to arrive.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/TabbedPollChart.htm
I too may have to wait to recieve mine as I'll be out of town for 3 weeks starting early August. Yay September :frowning2: Early impressions of hiss in modern, quality controlled hardware is disconcerting..

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #3,390 of 7,693
I’m receiving two units on August 1st. :)

Keep us posted, fingers crossed the audible hiss isn't every unit.

I was in the ride the waves tier, 2300 or something around there. Audeze posted on Instagram today they are expecting almost ALL Mobius units to be shipped in the next week or two. I'd rather they hold all further shipments to investigate this issue though. If only one unit had the issue it would be one thing, but so far it seems like all of them have the same problem and that's very concerning.

Again, how could this be missed under intense QC? If the hiss is audible with all inputs it seems almost impossible that it could be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back