• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 23, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #2,866 of 7,693
The same thing was said when I had posted that hardly any would ship by end of June. (The statement from Audeze was that all items would ship out by that time)

And we're nearing end of July. Yet there's no details in the schedule of all orders shipping.

So I'm not expecting any thing to change. We would be all lucky if we get our tracking numbers in the next 3 weeks.

Yeah you can thank me later when we all find out what I've said is a good guesstimate :)

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #2,867 of 7,693
I'll be surprised if even 250 people get their tracking numbers by Friday.

It's going to be a very long 3 weeks before many get their tracking numbers.

I.
The shipping company should start sending tracking emails shortly. Our plan is to have many more receive tracking number by Friday. We have delivered them to the 3PL and they need to take it out of the export zone and needs two separate customs declarations per shipment per country (SZ to HK and HK to Various countries). We also had to rearrange shipments by countries to help declaration process. The reason, we are not giving frequent updates is because, we do not have much information. Many times the answer we get is, it is waiting for this declaration or waiting for some confirmation. We thought this would be a simple process.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 23, 2018 at 11:39 PM Post #2,868 of 7,693
people are too used to shopping online where the local courier picks up the item and then delivers it door to door.

shipping commercial items in bulk are completely different...if it's a full container load to 1 country, it will be simpler as well. Loose cargo load...have fun with logistics and customs..

if one has done it before, one will be more familiar with the timeline but if it's a first time, it's anyone's guess how long it will take, could be 1 to 2 days or even up to a 3-4 days to do Pre-arrival customs clearance process... (am pulling numbers out of my arse)

Once it reaches destination, another round of customs clearance need to be done (at least that's the case for china) : paperwork of item description and functionality, Country of origin (tariff!) better be ready or it's gonna be stuck till paperwork is received and cleared.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #2,871 of 7,693
people are too used to shopping online where the local courier picks up the item and then delivers it door to door.

People are used to accepting what vendors tell them.

"Deliverey June"
"Delivery early July"
Etc

is a lot different to "We're not sure, but are working hard to get them out - currently with the 3PL going through the customs processing"

I'm not having a go at Audeze here - but, equally it's not fair to be shifting the blame to the consumers who are only responding to what they've been "promised"

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #2,873 of 7,693

"Deliverey June"
"Delivery early July"
Etc

is a lot different to "We're not sure, but are working hard to get them out - currently with the 3PL going through the customs processing"

I'm not having a go at Audeze here - but, equally it's not fair to be shifting the blame to the consumers who are only responding to what they've been "promised"

They make these promises based on the information they have available.

They do not control the customs, they do not control us foreign policy, they do not control the future and all possible scenarios that can and will go wrong.

They wanted to ship in June but they clearly explained what went wrong and everything after that has been a process of discovery.

They are not Amazon or Apple, they don't have billions of dollars to create a magical route to ship and iPhone from Hong Kong to LA in 2 days.

Again this is a CROWDFUNDED product. Not an Amazon or best buy readily available product. Even Tesla takes 3 years to fulfill a pre-order.

The reason why that we don't get even more updates is because the attitude people are displaying and disappointment when something goes unexpected.

Guys, this is new for them as well. Is it that hard to get it ? The only promise that IMHO they should fulfill is the moment I finally have my mobius in my hand (and omg I want IT YESTERDAY) I will be more than satisfied with :wink:

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #2,874 of 7,693

"Deliverey June"
"Delivery early July"
Etc

It's definitely going to generate a spectrum of reaction from people like me who have seen a product development cycle hit unexpected bumps in uncharted waters & can empathize to those who went over their budget and don't have reference Experience in product development/business who will rage and demand a refund/apology.

I think the important signal here for us to consider here is how engaged that Audeze is on a hobby forum with Regular & honest Communications to their customer base. This is, IMHO, outstanding corporate citizenship in the community of their enthusiast demographic.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #2,875 of 7,693
It's definitely going to generate a spectrum of reaction from people like me who have seen a product development cycle hit unexpected bumps in uncharted waters & can empathize to those who went over their budget and don't have reference Experience in product development/business who will rage and demand a refund/apology.

I think the important signal here for us to consider here is how engaged that Audeze is on a hobby forum with Regular & honest Communications to their customer base. This is, IMHO, outstanding corporate citizenship in the community of their enthusiast demographic.

I agree I think they've handled the situation very well. The delays blow but their communication have been perfectly handled.

Hopefully they learn from this experience and future products don't face so much hassle.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #2,876 of 7,693
They make these promises based on the information they have available.

They do not control the customs, they do not control us foreign policy, they do not control the future and all possible scenarios that can and will go wrong.

They wanted to ship in June but they clearly explained what went wrong and everything after that has been a process of discovery.

They are not Amazon or Apple, they don't have billions of dollars to create a magical route to ship and iPhone from Hong Kong to LA in 2 days.

Again this is a CROWDFUNDED product. Not an Amazon or best buy readily available product. Even Tesla takes 3 years to fulfill a pre-order.

The reason why that we don't get even more updates is because the attitude people are displaying and disappointment when something goes unexpected.

Guys, this is new for them as well. Is it that hard to get it ? The only promise that IMHO they should fulfill is the moment I finally have my mobius in my hand (and omg I want IT YESTERDAY) I will be more than satisfied with :wink:

Yeah, but none of that is the consumers fault. It's Audeze's responsibility to be able to meet the expectations that they themselves have set. The consumer isn't responsible for understanding how customs works. Audeze is the vendor, that's on them. Saying "we thought this would be a simple process" is kind of a silly statement by them, shows a lack of understanding how the shipping process works and doesn't instill much confidence we are going to be seeing Mobius anytime soon. I'm a little disappointed at this point. Still looking forward to getting my Mobius and I'm sure it's going to be a solid experience once we have them. That said, I would not be quick to support something like this again, and Audeze may not be my first choice going forward.

Hopefully a lot of us see these tracking numbers soon though. I work for a 3PL myself and understand the shipping process. There's no reason the 3PL shouldn't be able to provide them with accurate information as to what's going on with the shipments and give them an accurate timeline. If they can't, they probably aren't a quality 3PL.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #2,877 of 7,693
We should just thank them for posting the updates and move on until it arrives. They didn’t have to let us know such specific details since it only puts pressure to deliver (I.e. tracking numbers by Monday) but they do and that’s an incredible level of transparency.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #2,878 of 7,693
Yeah, but none of that is the consumers fault. It's Audeze's responsibility to be able to meet the expectations that they themselves have set.

Exactly.

Am as sick as anyone with all the comments regarding shipping dates etc, but just as sick of those commenting on those comments.

Audeze finally commented on the current state of orders/delays, so can we leave it there?

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #2,879 of 7,693
i am on the more forgiving side. yes, customers need not know the nitty gritty. however, Audeze is an agile company with very limited resources and manpower. and the competition in this planar world is intense. it's very close to if not already is a commodity. crowd funding is new to them, production outside of their in-house facility is new to them. so as logistics to 3pl.

give them some breathing space and concentrate on what they do best please.

Jul 24, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #2,880 of 7,693
It's annoying and they need to cease giving out over confident estimates, I agree.
At the same time they should probably give out more information about specifics as in batch size.
Completely valid criticism.

But every criticism above that over a one-month-delay is silly at best and malign at worst.
This "They will probably not be my first pick in the future because I needed to wait for them beyond what I would have found ideal and they were too confident in some shipping dates and emails going out" is the exact reason why people rub me the wrong way these days.

Good work takes time and is bound to hit rocks in the pavement , be it a Tesla, a space telescope (james Webb is due since 2007 I think?), a Space Game with literally revolutionary tech behind it, and so on.

Those thinks aren't a meal in a restaurant that should have been cooked to order a thousand times already and therefore are something I have a right to be on my plate in a timely manner.

Until now I felt all critic on Audeze warranted since it was made in a good spirit without being whiny over the delays.

This is different.
Yes they SHOULD have invested more thought into the whole process but let's be fair. Not only did their QC spare us the problem of less rigid end units, their expected shipment process changed entirely.

If you don't have your product in 3 weeks and you were in the first 1500 then you would have all the reasons to be concerned. Not because an email didn't make it on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back