• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 19, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #2,703 of 7,693
would be great if someone would mod it to bypass all built in electronics.

Plugging a 3.5mm cable directly into it should bypass the electronics, right?

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #2,706 of 7,693
Plugging a 3.5mm cable directly into it should bypass the electronics, right?
Nope, I believe Audeze has previously commented in here that there is no input method that bypasses their electronics. I guess that the signal over 3.5 is converted to the digital domain, the selected processing is applied, and then the signal is converted back to analog, amplified and sent to the drivers and that there is no other signal path to the drivers.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #2,708 of 7,693
Still awaiting my tracking number... backer 3 here.
Hmm......I wonder if they're tracking the first shipment themselves to see how long it takes to get to the addressees country, before sending out the tracking number. Maybe it's a test ship to see how a shipping tier does on speed..... Kind of strange they wouldn't have sent an email as soon as they got a tracking number. Pretty sure they shipped out already. They would have according to what we've been told anyhow..... Nothing to worry about..... Just slightly strange. Maybe it's as simple as they have some time to get those emails out and are prioritizing production at the moment.

My guess is they'll opt for a similar tier that companies like Oppo and OnePlus use. And the time to the US will be about 10 days. It's crazy expensive to ship much faster than that.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #2,710 of 7,693
Nope, I believe Audeze has previously commented in here that there is no input method that bypasses their electronics. I guess that the signal over 3.5 is converted to the digital domain, the selected processing is applied, and then the signal is converted back to analog, amplified and sent to the drivers and that there is no other signal path to the drivers.

But you can disable the processing cant you? Otherwise, it sounds like this headphone must be charged at all times to be used, which is unique for a premium bluetooth headphone.

Nevermind: I see it on their website now:
If the battery runs out and I’m using the analog cable, will Mobius continue to work? No, due to all the features we’ve included, Mobius must either run on battery power or be plugged into a USB port.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #2,711 of 7,693
But you can disable the processing cant you? Otherwise, it sounds like this headphone must be charged at all times to be used, which is unique for a premium bluetooth headphone.

No, the headphones are active and run off of battery unless connected via USB when they can charge simultaneously.

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #2,712 of 7,693
You speak the truth michaelSD. Your contributions and positive attitude are keeping me in check ...

Glad to hear it! @Audeze has been incredibly transparent, considerate, and informative with us so we owe them the same level of respect to operate on their own schedule. I’m surprised they’re shipping this week but they made it happen!

Jul 19, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #2,713 of 7,693
No, the headphones are active and run off of battery unless connected via USB when they can charge simultaneously.

Yea I saw it on their website FAQ right after I posted. :frowning2:

If the battery runs out and I’m using the analog cable, will Mobius continue to work? No, due to all the features we’ve included, Mobius must either run on battery power or be plugged into a USB port.

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #2,714 of 7,693
Take this with an obvious grain of salt since I don't own these yet, but yes, I believe that you can disable processing. That said... all inputs must go through the internal dac/amp. If anything like the cipher, then they have some EQing that is part of their processing, and at least with my iSine20's, they sound MUCH better with the EQing that Cipher applies. My point being... at least with the EQing component, you might not get great results if you turn off ALL processing unless you EQ somewhere else in the signal chain. And I am not sure if they will have processing other than EQing that is part of the design of the Mobius to make the "sound right". I am not speaking of surround or 3D modes, I mean more basic processing.

Jul 20, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #2,715 of 7,693
Yea I saw it on their website FAQ right after I posted. :frowning2:

Just charge them at night or go USB when you're using a computer. They'll go longer than any person has any right wearing headphones in a day!

Take this with an obvious grain of salt since I don't own these yet, but yes, I believe that you can disable processing. That said... all inputs must go through the internal dac/amp. If anything like the cipher, then they have some EQing that is part of their processing, and at least with my iSine20's, they sound MUCH better with the EQing that Cipher applies. My point being... at least with the EQing component, you might not get great results if you turn off ALL processing unless you EQ somewhere else in the signal chain. And I am not sure if they will have processing other than EQing that is part of the design of the Mobius to make the "sound right". I am not speaking of surround or 3D modes, I mean more basic processing.

Their amps are also pretty powerful! They're not going to be efficient if you did bypass the active section. Plus, by design they rely heavily on DSP for their tuning...... Especially being closed back. I don't think the results would be desirable for both of these reasons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back